4 Film Favorites on Blu-ray

DNukem170

Banned
Just saw on Best Buy's ad that they are bringing their Four Film Favorites line to Blu-ray. The MSRP is $20 and from what I saw the initial lineup is:

- Lethal Weapon 1-4
- Ninja Turtles 1-3/TMNT
- I Am Legend/V for Vendetta/Blade 1/Constatine
- Unknown/Edge of Darkness/Seven/Training Day
- Wedding Crashers/Horrible Bosses/Hall Pass/Dumb & Dumber
- Legend of the Guardians/Where the Wild Things Are/Yogi Bear/Space Jam
- Batman/Returns/Forever/& Robin
- Dirty Harry/Maximum Force/The Enforcer/Sudden Impact

My question is, are these the original discs reissued or did WB combine them into 2 discs like the DVD versions?

All individual discs. The main downside is the discs appear to be stacked on top of one another (Disney has been doing that too with their releases lately)

From a Blu-ray.com member:

24b2c8x.jpg

ei9gu0.jpg

I normally dislike stacked discs, but these I don't mind because the case is 12mm, the same as a 1-3 disc case, instead of the 14mm most 4-disc Blu-ray cases have.

Hmmm..I am wondering if it's worth getting this or just the batman anthology BR since I already own the DVD anthology released back in 2005.

The anthology was just 4 Blu-rays, not 2-disc Blus, right? If so, this is a nice cheap alternative if you don't mind the artwork and you won't be missing extras like the Lethal Weapon set.

[quote name='TAT3RS']Couple of those are completely random. There are a few I wouldn't mind owning.[/QUOTE]

The I Am Legend is sci-fi/action, the Unknown set is Thriller, Wedding Crashers is comedy, and Space Jam is kids.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Awesome. So when is the next upgrade & save? I will have to dump off a couple of individual blu's and get in on these.[/QUOTE]

Good call, I'll wait until the next one comes around to pick the few that I want up. As for the when I don't know but it will be here eventually.

Batman ones might be worth it as I think the only way those were released on BR was through that set a few years ago but that's oop now. Nevermind, looked, guess they are out individually. Still worth it though.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']If they go on sale I might be interested in the Lethal Weapon one.[/QUOTE]

The UK set is region free and comes out to $21.03 after shipping on Amazon UK. It has a fifth bonus disc with a bunch of extras too. I realize that comes out to about the same price that this version goes for after tax but I think the better box setup and the bonus disc makes up for it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']
Too bad there is no UV copies with this new BB release :\[/QUOTE]

It looks like most if not all the titles are disc to digital eligible for an xtra $2 plus tax per disc.

Wouldve picked up the batman collection but already picked up the steels of batman/return now just need steels of forever & ... I guess B&R

[quote name='Navex']Batman ones might be worth it as I think the only way those were released on BR was through that set a few years ago but that's oop now. Nevermind, looked, guess they are out individually. Still worth it though.[/QUOTE]

I'd hold off on Batman for now. Next year is the 25th Anniversary of the first one. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that WB has something planned.

[quote name='Petey Parker']I'd hold off on Batman for now. Next year is the 25th Anniversary of the first one. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that WB has something planned.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully making an awesome box set, without Forever and Robin, haha.

I'll take the Batman set, but I'll probably wait for a sale. For < $20, I won't even feel TOO bad about giving money for Robin (I'll just pretend it's not there, or watch the RiffTrax for it again :p).

[quote name='skiizim']Sweet, I'll take Lethal Weapon for $20, a hell of a lot better than the prices I've seen![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, the LW set has the old discs for LW 1 and 2, rather than the remastered ones. Those have inferion picture quality, and lossy sound, vs the lossless sound found in the official Lethal Weapon collection.

You're better off importing the UK edition, which has all the remastered discs, plus the bonus 5th disc exclusive to the collection, all for around $20US shipped:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lethal-Weap...6728&sr=8-2&keywords=lethal+weapon+collection

Yeah it's thicker, but it's not too bad. What's odd is that they went from a thinner case to the thicker one. You'd think things would progress in the opposite direction. The other two minor negatives are the ratings logos, and the plain disc art

Unboxing vid (narrated by a kid so it might be a little annoying):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viLiWnu0by8

[quote name='ssjmichael']Unfortunately, the LW set has the old discs for LW 1 and 2, rather than the remastered ones. Those have inferion picture quality, and lossy sound, vs the lossless sound found in the official Lethal Weapon collection.

You're better off importing the UK edition, which has all the remastered discs, plus the bonus 5th disc exclusive to the collection, all for around $20US shipped:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lethal-Weap...6728&sr=8-2&keywords=lethal+weapon+collection[/QUOTE]

Why would they put the old disc for LW1 and LW2 into this new set when the official collection is older and has the new disc?!

Does the US official collection have that bonus 5th disc or are you saying that is exclusive to the UK version?

As a former owner of the original Lethal Weapon 1+2 releases (HD DVD, but same encodes as BD), I would strongly advise against anyone buying the BBY collection if it truly comes with those discs.

bread's done
Back