Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (5/26 to 6/1)

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#61 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

I got Luigi's Mansion for $34.99 during the 3DS XL promotion for a free game. I thought $34.99 was high. I never thought the game would still hold its price! We should've seen $29.99 by now. :)

Doubt it, first party Nintendo, sequel to a kind of beloved game, new entry, limited supplies, huge marketing push (this thing was advertised on Disney Channel! Almost nothing besides other Disney stuff is advertised on there. I mean they don't even have ads!) make LM: DM more in line with something like a NSMB or other core Mario game. Those things hold their price.

DKR3DS is a remake and a 'lesser' franchise. Wouldn't be surprised to see that drop new to around $20 on sale at one point.

Might hop on LM: DM. Despite knowing why it won't drop, still kind of feel like $35 is too much. Wish I had seen this sooner, might have hopped on that DKR3DS, tried for a PM, and then just sold it on CL or something/use the $15 SYWR thing for a $20 LM: DM. Oh well, will know better for next time.

#62 Justop

Justop

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

damn need some deals on xbox live passes

#63 Adsuki

Adsuki

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

I hate to be the one to ruin it for you fine folks, but Luigi's Mansion is $34.99 next week. I have the ad in my hand, was gonna match it at best buy myself. Everything else is correct

Thanks for the update. You just saved my butt because I just put the extra five dollars + tax aside in my wallet so I wouldn't of spent it on Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. =)

#64 DK745

DK745

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

Nice to see a sale on the 3DS XL again, just wish it was a little bit lower to make upgrading an easier decision. Having more colors would help too (I want black like the original 3DS) but that's another topic..

#65 hiamiyumi

hiamiyumi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:06 AM

Great! So i can get 3 months live plus 1 free month for $12.50.

#66 twlv27

twlv27

I Get Physical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:35 AM

is 50% trade in only for games?

#67 howlinmad

howlinmad

Harmful if swallowed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:01 AM

Is the Injustice coupon stack just using the magazine coupon with the sale price or is there something else?
Keep thinking about this one. :)

was hoping god of war would go on sale for 34.99$ or less. the injustice coupon stack is still alive for those that want it

Now playing
- Anything that strikes me as fun at the time.

My crap for trade

#68 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:11 AM

Is the Injustice coupon stack just using the magazine coupon with the sale price or is there something else?
Keep thinking about this one. :)

stack with just magazine coupon with sale price

#69 Vinyl

Vinyl

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:03 AM

Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition is $20 for 360 and PS3 as well

#70 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

Interested to see if the price match thing works for anyone. Wanting some NHL action and $20 sounds about right.

Currently Playing:
3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :xb1: Garden Warfare :hot: Forza 5 :hot: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: AC4 :hot:
EldritchOnRye.png

#71 JAgamer

JAgamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

How does one get Amazon to copy a retailer's price? I want Brain Age but I don't wanna go to K-Mart for it lol

#72 OldSchoolGaming4Life

OldSchoolGaming4Life

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

Brain Age Concentration Training for the 3DS is one i've been wanting to pick up for awhile. i'd like to pick this up now but i feel like this will hit around $12-$15 like Crosswords Plus 3DS and Art Academy: Lesson's for Everyone did at Best Buy over the last couple months.

Nearist K-Mart is just under 7 miles away so that's not too much of a big deal if i'm around somewhere in the area. why couldn't this be $12 like Crosswords Plus was a couple months back?. Ugh... lol.

#73 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

DK 3D is showing up as $34.99 for me. Am I missing something?

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#74 Vector

Vector

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

DK 3D is showing up as $34.99 for me. Am I missing something?

I just ended up going to the store this morning to get my copy because I wasn't sure if the website was going to update or not. Keep in mind that if you guys go in store to get a copy today it might not be out on the shelf.
One store told me that it wasn't coming out until Tuesday and the guy refused to check anywhere else for the game and at the second store the guy had to go up by the CS desk to get the game and told me the release date was today, even though it's been out since Friday. Then they wonder why their sales are down.:wall::wall::wall:

#75 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

Got Just Dance 4 for 99 cents (see edited OP). In the process of looking up other price match opportunities.

#76 Kakkarrot23

Kakkarrot23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

What store are you using to price match?

#77 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Wait, this would work on the 3DS XL (on sale this week for $174?) I could get it for $154 if I agree to pre-order something? can I cancel the pre order later with no loss?

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#78 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

Wait, this would work on the 3DS XL (on sale this week for $174?) I could get it for $154 if I agree to pre-order something? can I cancel the pre order later with no loss?

Nope, just on the those select games

What store are you using to price match?

You can use Amazon, bestbuy.com, walmart.com, toysrus.com, or target.com

#79 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

dead space 3 $10.99? Amazon price match...got it.

#80 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

You can use Amazon, bestbuy.com, walmart.com, toysrus.com, or target.com

To follow up on eldergamer's question, TRU does have a promo if you buy a 3DS or XL and buy either NSMB 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, or Luigi's Mansion you'll get $40 off. Maybe someone can swing a PM with that. It's on the last page of the ad if you have that in hand.
Posted Image

#81 Biggzy32

Biggzy32

Let's fight like gentlemen!

• CAG Veteran

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

I'm lost. How do you get Dead Space 3 for $10.99 on Amazon?

#82 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

Do you have to pre-order certain games or will any of those pre-order cards work?

#83 dorkyden

dorkyden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

that TRU promo is considered as a package deal and target doesnt PM package deals

i have done PM and the preorder card thing successfully before. but last time when they had the $10 off disney games with preorder I got some denial based on no double dipping. I think I was successful one out of 3 tries. getting JD4 for 99 cents may raise some suspicions so I think i will try the higher price games. good luck!

Join Perk and make easy Amazon credit 

Join Swagbucks and get up to $5 Amazon credit every 9 days! 

Sign up for HitBliss now and get $1 free Quickly earn cash by watching brand videos in HitBliss Earn, and then shop for movies, TV, and music.

#84 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

This.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#85 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

This.

1. PM DS3's current $29.99 price on Amazon. Subtotal: $29.99

2. Include a $1 preorder card with the copy of DS3. Subtotal: $30.99

3. When the preorder card is rung up, another $20 should be deducted from the total. Subtotal: $10.99

Voila. 8-)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#86 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Sorry if my post is confusing:
You price match Amazon's price at Target and stack with the $20 off promo

Do you have to pre-order certain games or will any of those pre-order cards work?

The ad doesn't say so, but the worker insisted it be one pictured in the ad (GTA V, Battlefield 4, Madden 25, ACIV). That's fine with me, I'm not going to pick it up.

i have done PM and the preorder card thing successfully before. but last time when they had the $10 off disney games with preorder I got some denial based on no double dipping. I think I was successful one out of 3 tries. getting JD4 for 99 cents may raise some suspicions so I think i will try the higher price games. good luck!

Yeah, I may have been lucky, and it helped that I had other things to buy. I think I'll try Dead Space 3 at another Target but there will be better luck with the higher price titles I'm sure, since the price disparity won't be so shocking.

Edited by litepink, 26 May 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#87 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

I've never tried price matching Amazon at Target--was it a hassle?

#88 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Just Dance 4 just worked for me. Got it free somehow too. Don't know how to post and ad scan from my iphone. Took 2 seconds to price match.

#89 mrcheapo11

mrcheapo11

Whoooooooooooooop!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

Do you have to print out the price from Amazon, or do you just tell them that it is that price and then they will match it? I'm sure $1 of fun can easily be had from Just Dance 4, thanks OP!

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

Hello all this is my frist post on GAG forums.

PM me for invites to Lockerz.com!

#90 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

I've never tried price matching Amazon at Target--was it a hassle?

Usually, yes. I've done it in the past and you show them your phone with the price match and they go "Ok, great!", and then they proceed to verify on their customer service iPad. I understand this (cached webpages, photoshop), but every time they look it up they screw up.

Thankfully though, they just looked at my phone and adjusted it this time.

Do you have to print out the price from Amazon, or do you just tell them that it is that price and then they will match it? I'm sure $1 of fun can easily be had from Just Dance 4, thanks OP!

Phone or printout works