Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (5/26 to 6/1)

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#151 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

Worked like a charm for DS3. Once the pricematch is complete, the $20 from the preorder comes off automatically. CS rep calmly said, "That'll be 11.35."

What system did you buy it for?

Everyone else too. If you bought DS3 for Xbox add me for Co-op'ness

GT: Gedemer

#152 Alucard0x

Alucard0x

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

Just came back from bestbuy in mesquite texas and they didn't want to price match Kmart. I asked they cashier how would I receive the code if I would ha e purchased the game and he said it would arrive in my email with 30 minutes to 8 hours.

#153 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Worked for me surprisingly. Took 10 minutes for the lady to get the iPad and look it up on amazon. The manager was there and watched her PM and then he walked away. I slid her the preorder card and bingo. Took 20 off. I kinda feel bad and guilty. Feels a bit like stealing. Sigh....

#154 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

Worked for me surprisingly. Took 10 minutes for the lady to get the iPad and look it up on amazon. The manager was there and watched her PM and then he walked away. I slid her the preorder card and bingo. Took 20 off. I kinda feel bad and guilty. Feels a bit like stealing. Sigh....

i know what you mean, when I pmed i bought some apple juice and calmly slid him the preorder card expecting a slim chance of success. guy was confused on wth just happened but was pretty cool about it, told me i just scored an awesome deal and to enjoy. Paid about $15 for some good ol' apple juice and dead space

#155 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

That's really weird... I typed Dead Space 3 into amazon and the pictures for both versions show the limited edition one. Or did you try to get it for PC?

Yea, youre right, just saw that on my phone but on their iPad, it didn't look that way. Oh well, enjoying time with the family for the next day and a half..just hope deal is still good by Tuesday. Thanks for letting me know.

#156 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

Got Dead Space 3 with absolutely no problems. Thanks for posting this, killer deal, I thought I would have to wait until Black Friday for a price like this!

#157 cheapgamerone

cheapgamerone

Looking for Cheap Microsoft Points/PSN Bucks PM Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

This did not work when I just tried for JD4. Turned out to be a huge waste of time. They initially said they could not match amazon then I explained they should be able to and other people have been doing it and it's tn Target policy to pm amazon. Then after 8 minutes they checked on Ipad. After Madden card reservation card rang up look on her face and told me to wait. She then said they can't do the promo with the price match bs and supposed to be off a regularly priced item. Can't get PM and the promo. Again a huge waste of time what a fuckall.

#158 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

Got Dead Space 3 with absolutely no problems. Thanks for posting this, killer deal, I thought I would have to wait until Black Friday for a price like this!

Don't think even BF would have DS3 for $11.xx plus tax, congrats on a killer deal.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#159 joker______

joker______

Careful...Icarus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

Damn I just saw this and I'm still at work...has anyone in Houston had any success?

#160 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

OK, the reason this works is that it rings up as a package discount not a direct discount on the game. Thats probably why they look at it funny buy dont stop it. Got NHL, DS3 and JD4 so far through three stores
The guy at this one knows the score though so I'm gonna go back in and grab Far Cry 3 I think. Would grab another JD but I dont want to be a hoarder.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#161 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

Oh man, I nearly got FC3 for $1.02. The girl put the discount in wrong, the manager approved it but the cashier realized at the last second. That would have been.the steal of my CAG career to just ride off into the sunset on.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

#162 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

Just successfully picked up Dead Space 3 (Xbox 360) for $11.XX here in MN. PM needed to be done at the CS desk, but other than that there were no issues at all.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#163 gordylan

gordylan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:09 PM

I got DS3, JD4, and NHL13 for $35.35. Amazing deal on games I actually wanted, but pretty nerve racking waiting for everything to go through. Everything went smooth and I walked out with a huge smile on my face.

#164 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

got both just dance 4 and dead space 3, but it was grueling. damn women actually lectured me on their price match policy for almost 10 fucking minutes after arguing with me for 20. I started humming "im a tumor" in my head for the most of the duration of her moronic speech.

#165 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

Picked up Dead Space 3 PS3 for 11 and change. Thanks OP!!! :)

#166 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

something tells me this will probably end by tomorrow, so better get in on this now, especially if you were considering playing any of these games some time in the future

#167 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

So can I do this for Far Cry 3?

#168 ThusSpokeZarathustra

ThusSpokeZarathustra

No, I will not make out with you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

So can I do this for Far Cry 3?

You can do it for any of the games on the list. You may have the hardest time doing it for Just Dance 4 though since the game will only total up to $1. But yes, you can definitely do it for Far Cry 3. I did it for that game this afternoon.

#169 the4thnobleman

the4thnobleman

Helpdesk Wookiee

• CAGiversary!

I had a dick manager who wouldn't apply the promo post PM. Fatty McThunderthighs wont get my repeat business at Plymouth Meeting, PA store.

Wanna guarantee the code? Pay the $35 up front and PM later in the week.

#170 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Picked up DS3 and Just Dance 4 on the same transaction for $12.42 after tax and 5% off from the red card. Make sure you give them 2 different 2 pre-order cards as 1 will only bring it down $20 if you're planning to do it all on one transaction. Amazing deal, many thanks OP and those cags who posted their success stories.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#171 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

Worked for me! No questions asked, showed her the Amazon price on my phone and she adjusted it. Once she scanned the $1 card, it deducted $20.

Thanks, OP!

#172 Xombie007

Xombie007

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:24 PM

Price Match + $20 off promo confirmed to stack
I went to Target this morning and grabbed some weekly amenities and wood filler and was able to get Just Dance 4 price matched down to $19.99. After $1 reservation card scanned it took $20 off my total so JSD4 for 99 cents. I'll edit the prices below and link to possible price matches.

Although this rang up without any override, the cashier was a bit hesitant (with good reason), and a price match of this nature could prompt a manager's denial.
---

Special Purchase: Save $20 on the following games when you pre-order [GTAV, ACIV, BF4, Madden] for $1:

Price // After Pre-Order // After Amazon Price Match // Amazon Link for PMing

:wii: :360: :ps3: Just Dance 4 - $39.99 // $20.99 // $0.99 // Just Dance 4 on Amazon
:pc: Diablo III - $59.99 // $40.99 // $20.99 // Diablo III on Amazon
:360: :ps3: Dead Space 3 - $59.99 // $40.99 // $10.99 // Dead Space 3 on Amazon
:360: :ps3: Far Cry 3 - $59.99 // $40.99 // $20.XX // Far Cry 3 on Amazon
:360: :ps3: NHL 13 - $59.99 // $40.99 // $20.99 // $20.99 // NHL 13 on Amazon
:360: :ps3: [WiiU] FIFA Soccer 13 -$59.99 // $40.99 // $20.98 ($10.99 WiiU) // FIFA 13 on Amazon
:360: :ps3: [WiiU] NBA 2K 13 - $59.99 // $40.99 // $20.99 ($31.16 WiiU) // NBA 2K13 on Amazon

Other sales:
:3ds: Handheld Console $145 // XL Console $175

:360: 250 GB Console Bundle $265

I have at least a dozen Targets around me within a 10 mile radius, but evey single one of them asks you to do price matches at Customer Service where a manager is likely to hang around. And if it's a $20 PM, it ususally requires a manager's override, but these Amazon PMs seem to fall just short of a $20 PM....

Also, Target typically does competitor .com PMs only during the winter holiday rush period. All other times, they're supposed to ask for the actual printed store ad to do PMs (meaning that .com stores like Amazon are excluded). I think these PMs will be very YMMV, depending on how nice (or unaware) your customer service rep or manager is about Target's official PM guidelines.

#173 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

I have at least a dozen Targets around me within a 10 mile radius, but evey single one of them asks you to do price matches at Customer Service where a manager is likely to hang around. And if it's a $20 PM, it ususally requires a manager's override, but these Amazon PMs seem to fall just short of a $20 PM....

Also, Target typically does competitor .com PMs only during the winter holiday rush period. All other times, they're supposed to ask for the actual printed store ad to do PMs (meaning that .com stores like Amazon are excluded). I think these PMs will be very YMMV, depending on how nice (or unaware) your customer service rep or manager is about Target's official PM guidelines.

umm, it's not very ymmv to pm a place like amazon considering it's pretty standard for them to just whip out their ipad and look up the price, at least thats how it is in Buffalo

#174 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

Online PM's are NO LONGER YMMV at Target. They PM specific websites, amazon being one of them. This specific deal, however, is YMMV because of how cheap you can get certain games by stacking the PM with the promotion.

From corporate.target.com
Price Match Guarantee

If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad, we’ll match the price. Price match may be requested at Guest Services prior to your purchase with proof of current lower price or by bringing in your original Target store receipt and proof of the current lower price.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#175 Xombie007

Xombie007

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

umm, it's not very ymmv to pm a place like amazon considering it's pretty standard for them to just whip out their ipad and look up the price, at least thats how it is in Buffalo

Yeah, I've been reading these comments about Target CS reps looking up prices on store iPads provided to them. This is a recent thing... and it may mean that Target has recently changed their PM policy to do .com competitor PMs YEAR ROUND now. If that's truly the case, then it won't be very YMMV. But then again, those stores who don't have iPads available for CS reps may still be going by the "printed store ad only" policy, and may not do the Amazon PMs at all.

I guess it's worth a shot to try it out though. I have to admit, even w/o the Amazon PM, you could still get some of these games at great low prices because of the $20 discount for a $1 reservation.

#176 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

I had no issues PM'ing Dead Space 3. I did have to go to customer service but wasn't given any hassle. I'm debating on going to try for Far Cry 3 but figure I'll wait for it to get $10-$15.

#177 KemperJones

KemperJones

MSRP is for suckers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

Haven't even finished Dead Space 2 yet, but I'm seriously considering doing this for DS3.

Now Playing: Undecided
My Completed Games Lists: 2014 (17) - 2013 (23) - 2012 (51) - 2011 (27) Most Recent:   :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe

My Trading/Selling List - Club Nintendo PINs/Coins,PS3,360,Wii,3DS,Vita, & More101351.png

#178 Blinddog

Blinddog

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

Ymmv.

I got turned down at my target in Murietta, ca. They said either one or the other.

#179 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:55 PM

I bought Dead Space 3 with the deal. I didn't have the guts to do JD4 when they hinted that someone tried it earlier and a manager denied it (when purchasing Dead Space 3).

#180 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

Yeah, I've been reading these comments about Target CS reps looking up prices on store iPads provided to them. This is a recent thing... and it may mean that Target has recently changed their PM policy to do .com competitor PMs YEAR ROUND now. If that's truly the case, then it won't be very YMMV. But then again, those stores who don't have iPads available for CS reps may still be going by the "printed store ad only" policy, and may not do the Amazon PMs at all..

Yes, they have special iPads with Target software. They only bothered to check the price at one store, the rest took my word on it, and she had an app that she put the SKU/UPC into then selected where it was being price matched from and took her to the site. If it was not Target.com she had I think five options which are all listed in their price match policy.

Had no issues overall, other than the 3+ hours of my life that are now gone, and ended up with NHL, JD, FC3, FIFA, and DS3.