CAG 3.0 Upgrade - News, Updates And Progress - Dark Theme, Feedback are Live - EVERYTHING is Coming Back Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
Update: User galleries live. 

Update: User blogs live.

Update: Front page live. 

Update: an early version of the Dark Theme is now live.  Click "Change Theme" at the bottom of the page.

Original post:

It's been a long time coming, but the switchover to CAG 3.0 is finally underway. Even though it looks pretty different around here, we've only just completed the first step of the switch - moving from our old forum software (vBulletin 3) over to a new, more capable platform (Invision Power Board). We've still got a lot of data to convert (blogs, user galleries, collections, games, price data, the marketplace, our new front page), as well a bunch of new unannounced features, but by switching to this new system we've got the most painful bit out of the way

While the conversion continues and we get the other site features online, we want to make sure that the forums are as stable as possible - so play around with the site and see if you can find any issues, especially related to the data conversion. (Any missing posts, content display issues, etc.) For those of you not keen on the new brighter style, a dark version of the style using similar colours to the old CAG will be available, once all the main site features are converted and online.

Here is a user guide for the forums.

You can find this link at the bottom of every page under "Help"

Last edited by a moderator:
First!

Just wanted to add that obviously there will be issues along the way, but we will work hard to make sure everything is up to snuff (soon).  Obviously your feedback is essential.

Thanks!

http://www.twitch.tv/cheapassgamer/c/2385438

I'm not digging the white background so much, the previous board was much easier to read.

Don't worry, we've got you covered. Or will have, shortly.
Ah, good. I'll hold off on possible changes of thread coloring/formatting.

EDIT: Trade in Value Team tag? I'll take it. Just now saw that.

Site looks great! Will be looking forward to seeing objects come online. I know this will be like moving a mountain. Good job guys!

When I tried to get on this morning and it said "check back later" I was wondering if you guys crossed your fingers before you "flipped the switch" last night.  Makes me curious as to how many smooth launches to new or updated sites there actually are.  Looking forward to seeing what pops back in the next few days.  I ditto the white background comment and I like the pop up about new reply to the topic I'm replying to.  :)

When I tried to "like" a post, it said I had reached my maximum quota for liked posts for the day.  Just a heads up.

Site looks fantastic overall!

Quick question: is there still a way to disable signatures in all posts?

Edit: Found it, it's under Manage Ignore Preferences.

My company usually blocks sites that are associated with games. CAG is no exception. However, I was able to access the old forums by hitting the URL www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11 directly. The new URLs do not work for me from work. Not sure there is anything you can do on your end to help a brother out but I do not want to lose CAG for eight hours a day. Thanks.

Not sure if has something to do with my resolution or what not, but the text/font used looks like crap.

See here, lowered size a bit, but that's how it looks on my laptop running native 1280x800.

cag8puss.png

I'm curious, on the front page of CAG 2.0 it would say next to each thread the last time a person posted in that thread, and who posted it.

Any chance this is coming back?  I personally found it very useful.

Is there a way for thread creators to edit the title? I can't find it and that was always a pretty well used feature for ongoing threads with updating deals.

I actually swapped to using the mobile version of the site by clicking on Change Theme at the bottom of the page. It looks ALOT better but it disables signatures etc.

Not sure if has something to do with my resolution or what not, but the text/font used looks like crap.

See here, lowered size a bit, but that's how it looks on my laptop running native 1280x800.

cag8puss.png
I'm having this same issue, a lot of the font looks like crap/is half cut off or something.

Sorry, not trying to rag. Just mentioning things I notice.

cag8puss.png
I agree. It seems like bits and pieces are missing.

Like the sleeker forum design, reminds me of the SRK forums. Just really ooking forward to the dark theme since white CAG theme is hard on the eyes in the morning haha  ;)

On the mobile version, there's not a way to search for a specific page # in the threads. Not sure if that's the case on the full website version. There is also not a way to quickly go from the top of the page to the bottom and vice versa like there was in the old one.

Anyone figure out a way to skip to the last page of a thread on the mobile site?

Ninja'd
Yeah, I don't see an option to pick a certain page for the thread in the mobile version. That's a must and hopefully an over site. There's no way I'm going to click through dozens of pages to get to the end.

Is the ability to edit our profiles currently disabled? For things such as our custom user titles. I also see the option to view a user's username history, but I'm not seeing where we can actually change our names.

Definitely liking the who follows this topic at the top of thread. The only thing I have noticed so far is the inability to change thread title, but that's a tiny matter.

Also I can't access PMs, but I figure thats one of the items that'll be brought back up as it can be.

Quick Question:

Is there a way to search for "all new posts" like in CAG 2.0? 

Also, I haven't tried to yet but I'm assuming we can edit our preferences to hide others signatures and to display more posts per page like in 2.0?

Quick Question:

Also, I haven't tried to yet but I'm assuming we can edit our preferences to hide others signatures and to display more posts per page like in 2.0?
You can hide signatures here.

Quick Question:

The signature blocking can be done under Ignore Preferences under you user settings. Posts per page haven't come across. Also, to set topics replied to auto follow or "Subscribe" that's a checkbox uner Notification Options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back