State Of Decay Xbla

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#31 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

Haha oh I forgot to say I really liked the door kill while driving a vehicle, hilarious nod to Zombieland.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#32 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

Noticed a bug yesterday.

If you leave one container unsearched in a building (still glowing), after a couple in game days or offline hours the house should 'reset' and you can get more random items.

Repeated this with the gun shop in the starter town to get 6 ammo piles, two Glocks and two Shotguns.

Just leave the bookcase upstairs alone, unless you need more talking dollies or something.

("I wuv yew!")

Don't know if making the place an outpost disables the bug, but what I do is just setup one nearby that's booby trapped to keep the area clear of zeds.

Also, calling in Scavengers is probably a bad idea because they search everything and breakdown any stockpiles they can't carry.

zantar45.jpg

#33 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

Trying out some of the new CAG 3.0 functionality, I'm going to be streaming State of Decay on our Twitch channel in a few minutes. My internet's not great, so the video quality won't be that good.

I'll remove the player afterwards.

Edit: The stream is done, so I've removed the Twitch player.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#34 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

^ Thats pretty cool!

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#35 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

There is a button right next to Font on the WYSIWYG editor called "Special BBCode" that has all sorts of interesting embed codes to make it easy to do the more unique things in your posts on CAG.

#36 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

Has anyone successfully completed the mission where you go to get the doctor from the Wilkersons?

I've managed to fight off the horde of regular zombies, but then all the fat ones are still there.  I didn't have a gun, so I tried throwing Molotovs at them to no avail.

I also can't find any tips online from anyone else.  There was a Youtube video, but the guy just fled and failed the mission.  :dunce:

#37 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

You have to fight them with melee. 

#38 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

Any special tricks for them?

They seem too big to be taken down with a few melee attacks.

#39 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

Not really. The AI dude was the one to take them both down. My attempts to shoot him and burn him to death with molotovs proved fruitless for me.

#40 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:02 AM

Not really. The AI dude was the one to take them both down. My attempts to shoot him and burn him to death with molotovs proved fruitless for me.

Thanks for the help.

I managed to beat that mission after you posted (though I shot the fatties from outside the house).  One actually managed to get into the house, and I beat it with melee attacks while it choked the AI guy.

Where is the doctor after all of this?  I took care of what happened upstairs, but I haven't seen the doctor in the church.  I've actually got a number of characters that could use his care.

#41 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:23 AM

Thanks for the help.

I managed to beat that mission after you posted (though I shot the fatties from outside the house).  One actually managed to get into the house, and I beat it with melee attacks while it choked the AI guy.

Where is the doctor after all of this?  I took care of what happened upstairs, but I haven't seen the doctor in the church.  I've actually got a number of characters that could use his care.

For me, he showed up there by himself and helped Ed get back to full health.

#42 icedpee

icedpee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:05 AM

State of Decay is an awesome game and definitely worth the money! While far from perfect, it comes really close to the zombie survival simulation i've been waiting for. It's also nice to see that the developers have already submitted a title update to M$ to address some of the game's issues.

If you've been reading up on this game, don't get too discouraged by the complaints about frame rate/screen tearing -- it's really not as bad as some people make it out to be. The fun you'll have will outweigh these inconveniences.

#43 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

State of Decay sold 250k in 48 hours, hope that means we will see co-op soon

http://www.joystiq.c...first-48-hours/

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#44 Whipt

Whipt

Do I have some on my face

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

Thanks for the help.

He'll be back at the church already.  The fat zombies can be both burned with multiple molotovs, shot (headshots!), beaten up or driven over.  I don't recommend the car option because it will jack up the car, and molotovs with an ally character nearby isn't a good idea.  Keeping a fatty in front of a window and shooting him in the head worked the best for me, it took the least time and not that many bullets.  Be arned that if there's a zombie hoard neaby the gunshots will draw them however.

For melee, LB + X is strong attack.  LB + B will do a roll.  If you've got a fat one alone, strong attack, then roll away, then repeat.  Remember to eat snacks to keep stamina up.

#45 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:14 AM

Hope the patch comes out tomorrow, getting hammered by the "Too Many Infestations" bug.

I keep losing people that take off to stop the Infestations that keep popping up all over the world.

Finally had to send out a radio message to recruit more survivors and I hit the jackpot- two ladies that are former Army and good with guns- one is a Medic the other a Cook.

Then about an hour later they both go missing.

:censored:

zantar45.jpg

#46 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

If this game incorporates co-op .. I'm 500% sold. Looks very solid without it, though. I just really like co-op. :)

MLIFTgM.gif

#47 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

If this game incorporates co-op .. I'm 500% sold. Looks very solid without it, though. I just really like co-op. :)

I want to be sold, but the demo was too buggy for me.  Zombies popping through walls, clawing at invisible walls, and cars just randomly popping up in the road right before you hit them.

If a patch comes along and fixes the problems, I'm in.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#48 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Patch is in approval sp00ge
Always posting from my iPhone sorry for any formatting issues! :bouncy:

#49 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

Patch is in approval sp00ge

Now that's what I call a sticky situation.

MLIFTgM.gif

#50 coldgrave

coldgrave

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

Game of the year for me so far, having great fun

agirlcalledbadger.com

#51 Revixe06

Revixe06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:51 AM

I just finished this game up last night. Although it has it's problems, I'd say that it's definitely worth the time and money. I really enjoyed the game. It gives some great ideas for future zombie survival games. Hopefully they'll patch in multiplayer at some point. That would be pretty interesting.

76561198042531484.png

Amazon Student Referral (FREE 6 months of Amazon Prime)

#52 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

I just finished this game up last night. Although it has it's problems, I'd say that it's definitely worth the time and money. I really enjoyed the game. It gives some great ideas for future zombie survival games. Hopefully they'll patch in multiplayer at some point. That would be pretty interesting.

I'm not sure if they will. They are already developing an MMO-esque version of State of Decay code named class4. A few weeks ago they didn't say no when people asked for co-OP, but they started talking about their class4 project. They did say that State of Decay is the underlining structure for class4 so I'm not sure if they would ever release MP for state of decay as it would infringe on their next project.

But who knows as they never said no

#53 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

I'm not sure if they will. They are already developing an MMO-esque version of State of Decay code named class4. A few weeks ago they didn't say no when people asked for co-OP, but they started talking about their class4 project. They did say that State of Decay is the underlining structure for class4 so I'm not sure if they would ever release MP for state of decay as it would infringe on their next project.

But who knows as they never said no

Pretty sure they said that multiplayer was somewhat of a focus of SoD ("class3") but they ultimately decided to focus on the dynamic events and other details instead of devoting the time to multiplayer aspects. Apparently, multiplayer will be added at some point, but when that is, nobody knows -- not even the devs.

Pulled straight from the Official FAQ:

Q: Will State of Decay have co-op gameplay?

A: Not at launch. Class4 is an online world, and our hope is to offer the multiplayer options (that we have to develop for Class4) for State of Decay at a later date.

Q: What happened to coop mode? Will this game have multiplayer?

A: Those of you who are new to the community and just want to know if State of Decay will have multiplayer: Not at launch. Please stick around, though smile.png

Those of you who followed us during the design phase of the game remember that we really wanted a co-op mode. If you read the original design article, you will see that Class4 (our original idea) will be a massive online world, where co-op is... rather the point. However, for State of Decay (formerly known as Class3), we had to make the difficult decision to put off co-op mode and focus on things like base building, dynamic content, and more.

MLIFTgM.gif

#54 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:42 AM

Notice, as I said, all the terminology is "I hope" type. Basically leaving the door open without a definitive answer

I haven't read their forums in a little while, but as far as I read they haven't ever said that co-op WILL come to State of Decay.

#55 NYC10004

NYC10004

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:06 AM

Game looks great. To bad every-time a game like this drops I'm in the middle of finishing another game (Metro 2033).

#56 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

MMO sequel in talks atm. I didn't know Microsoft owns the IP, wow even then there was none or very little marketing for this game, wtf.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3

#57 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

Yeah so after playing the game for 11 hours (according to Raptr) here's my impressions so far.

It pretty much boils down to medicine for your community, food and ammo too, resources to not only upgrade your home base but to maintain it and fuel to be able to drive vehicles. There are more RPG elements like everyone's vitality being improved (individuals can improve their stamina by eating snacks which could be crucial while swinging a melee weapon rapidly in a zombie fight) if you choose to cook a big meal or feast at your kitchen. Wits (which among others will let you search more quieter than before) increases with the use of a library, which acts as a tech upgrade option, and can also be used to influence other survival groups to trade ammo for its access. I just built a training area so everyone's combat was improved and also threw in a garden. Each slot that I built a structure needed additional supplies. In this instance I had to find pesticides for the garden which I found at a nearby bee hive colony. I'm liking the new location of my home base, unfortunately you pick up and move so everyone who might be back in the old town will have to fend off zombies by themselves - as it's a bit of a drive back if I want or need to go there. The group also has an overall Morale meter and since we moved it increased a lot due to the lack of bickering since the previous place was cramped. This can also be improved if you meet your community's requirements like having enough beds for everyone and what not.

You'll be tasked to take on a side quest - while there are many many of those out there - where you take the person who's a little hot headed at home onto clearing out a random building to let off steam. Here you get some dialog and a so how you holding up kind of segment. This also gives you the prime time to take out zombies with a buddy. Oh how co-op so needs to be implemented into this game, esp with Xbox Live there (which the developers are working on).

Daily Upkeep, which the game follows a day/night simulated cycle - which is fairly impressive for an "arcade game" - , makes doing scavenge runs feel all the more important and finding supplies all the more satisfying - you can also ask for whatever you need on the radio and after an allocated amount of time it'll be spotted on your map. At times you might be spotted by a zombie horde while running solo towards this objective which at first is freakin' terrifying! lol Later on though you'll have plenty of resources, from the alliances you've made you can call in support powers (call in SWAT, sure why not!), and tools to tackle pretty much anything, freaking found a mine in an empty house lol, that comes your way but the game still surprises you with new rare challenging enemy types.

There's a lot to this game, with co-op it would be its own retail game I'm pretty sure. The studio just picked the digital front and like I said you shouldn't let the price or the yet another zombie game notion deter you, try out the demo anyways.

#58 FriedPi

FriedPi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

Certainly a fun little game for xbla, but way overhyped for what is actually is.

You spend 90% of your time killing endless zombies with one dimensional characters, clunky controls, and poor graphics.

I did love the woodsy setting and some of the core ideas, but since it executes them so poorly, you're better off playing any of a dozen other zombie killin' games.

fs_overall.png

#59 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

So ah after an update I'm finding a lot of "Found Nothing" while searching houses.

#60 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

So ah after an update I'm finding a lot of "Found Nothing" while searching houses.

I haven't downloaded TU2 yet but if it's like the first update, you can delete it off your storage device by going into the settings (no need to clear cache).

Try creating a copy of your save file and playing without the update to see if the you keep getting the same problem.

zantar45.jpg