• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#1 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

fableanniversarycover.png

A complete HD remake of the original Fable game is coming from Lionhead this fall. Complete with achievements, the Lost Chapters addition, and everything.

Lets discuss Microsoft going back to this awesome series roots with this remake.

Jack is back.

Fable.jpg

mass_effect_n7_training_program_custom_lChubbyNinja1319.png

#2 Persona Eater

Persona Eater

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

Do you know if this is also going be released on PC?

#3 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

This is excellent news since I barely played the original. Thank you for posting!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#4 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

Cool news as I never played the original.

Loved Fable 2 though, and thought Fable 3 was still pretty good.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#5 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

Although I never finished the first, it was the best in the trilogy looking forward to this!

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#6 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

My wife is psyched, Fable II was the first game she really got into. She tried the original but it kept crapping out because of the 360's terrible bc.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#7 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

They should package this with an Acorn.

(I hope some get that reference)

#8 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:52 AM

As one who loves and has played all the Fables, Fable II was its peak. This is nice that people that might have missed the boat before, or never heard the hype coming out of an individual developer's mouth so they'll get to experience Fable 1.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#9 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:08 AM

Peter Molynuex single handedly killed Fable for me. Overall Fable wasn't a bad game, just so much over the top promises that I felt completely dissappointed.

#10 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

That would be a nice nod. And I hope this thread doesn't degrade into a Molyneux bashfest. The games are what they are, either you enjoy them or you don't.

Back to that acorn, while that was a joke, there really is no chance for a collectors edition of this, is there?

#11 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:34 AM

I'm hoping for a max price point of $39.99 for this. If its higher then I'll wait a grab it when it goes on sale. Halo CE Ann was $39.99 if I am correct when it came out.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#12 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

Hmm actually listening to one of the developers, who actually was a playtester on the original Fable, talk about their additions and tweaks to Fable 1, it sounds promising (new achievements!?).

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D  Watch Dogs, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Witcher 3

#13 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:54 AM

That would be a nice nod. And I hope this thread doesn't degrade into a Molyneux bashfest. The games are what they are, either you enjoy them or you don't.

Back to that acorn, while that was a joke, there really is no chance for a collectors edition of this, is there?

Molynuex actually admitted he overshot by miles and basically made the acorn a joke also. So I hope he incorporates it somewhere in the RE-release

#14 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

Could be because I didn't play much of the game due to the bc issues on the 360, but what is this about the acorn.  What I did play of the first game it wasn't bad.  All the talk about what was to be in one and and only getting some in two and finally getting it in three, was my issue with the franchise.  By the time 3 came out all I could think of was it was about damn time we got what we were promised all along.  Once I did play three it felt like it was a let down.  Still a fun game though.  I will be picking this up when it comes out.

Posted Image

#15 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Could be because I didn't play much of the game due to the bc issues on the 360, but what is this about the acorn. What I did play of the first game it wasn't bad. All the talk about what was to be in one and and only getting some in two and finally getting it in three, was my issue with the franchise. By the time 3 came out all I could think of was it was about damn time we got what we were promised all along. Once I did play three it felt like it was a let down. Still a fun game though. I will be picking this up when it comes out.

The lead designer, Peter Molyneux, put massive unrealistic expectations for the first Fable. Boasting of things like "every single decision counts, even tiny ones add up to large events changing", "dynamic world that changes with the paths you take", "drastically different gameplay/story depending on the choices you make", getting married, having kids, building a house from scratch etc etc. Just promising you the house, kitchen sink and the neighbors house.

He likened it to an acorn being planted then growing before your eyes. It would soon branch of in different paths and at the acorns fully mature state you had a massive oak tree, in which you could play the game an almost infinite amount of times and end up with a different experience each time.

He later recanted his words shortly after release as the massive shitstorm hit the fan because of unmet expectations.

In its day it was one of the most overhyped/under delivering games I have ever seen. Even though overall the game was a decently good game. Expectations were placed way, Way, WAY too high.

#16 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

He he, I'm pretty sure that's what he wanted and then the development team went what are you crazy, we can't do that with Xbox architecture!  :rofl:

Yeah he probably played Zelda 64, planted the beans and really liked that you could access other areas due to a fully grown plant with leaves that act as stairs.

So I hope he incorporates it somewhere in the RE-release.

As far as I know he isn't even involved in this as he left Lionhead Studios and is working on a Kickstarter game GODUS.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#17 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

Yeh I knew he left Lionshead, didn't know if he held any rights in Fable or if they consulted him as he was there until Fable: The Journey came out last year. Guess I didn't think too much into it when I posted.

I just hope they implement the acorn in some way just as a nod Easter egg.

#18 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

Never played the first, will definitely get down the line.

BTW Surprised no one posted this yet...

fa01-1370353114.jpg

#19 masterchief2291

masterchief2291

CAGiversary!

• Trading Ban

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

fa01-1370353114.jpg

wow that is a tremendous improvement. i wonder if this one will have a feature similar to halo anniversary where you can flip between the old and new graphics at the touch of a button

#20 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:36 PM

Yeah I think that developer did that to maintain the core loyal Halo fans.  :bow: It would be a cool feature though.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#21 Revixe06

Revixe06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:44 AM

fa01-1370353114.jpg

You definitely need to pick this up then. The first Fable is still my favorite and most played of the series. If it's anything like the pictures, they've done a great job improving it. Hopefully it'll be around the $40 price range.

612937.png

Amazon Student (6 Months of FREE Amazon Prime)
* .edu email address required

#22 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

That photo looks fantastic, looking forward to this quite a bit!

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#23 B0W and Arrow

B0W and Arrow

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

I was just about to go back and play the original Fable, so this is excellent news. The first Fable is easily one of my favorite games.

#24 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

Excited for this!

#25 draven1089

draven1089

Why So Serious ?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

*Plants an acorn* Lets see if it'll become a tree by the release day

Posted Image

Many Fall, Few Rise

#26 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

*Plants an acorn* Lets see if it'll become a tree by the release day

Nah it only grows via DLC. lol

Edited by Spybreak8, 07 June 2013 - 10:55 PM.

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#27 MangoRyu28

MangoRyu28

I just gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:17 AM

Sweet, gonna be getting this when it comes out. I never got to play the Lost Chapters so this should be a nice way to play it.

#28 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Peter Molynuex single handedly killed Fable for me. Overall Fable wasn't a bad game, just so much over the top promises that I felt completely dissappointed.

I have learned to ignore Peter Molynuex since he's a crazy person.

I personally really enjoy the Fable games and I'm really looking forward to this re-release.

Posted Image

#29 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

Pretty cool.

http://lionhead.com/...le-anniversary/

AchievementComp3-1024x368.jpg

Spybreaker.pnguc.png

#30 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Next Gen Calibrations

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:36 AM

That's really clever and I'm loving how much Lionhead is embracing the community.  I never got too far into Fable 1, so I can't think of any good suggestions for achievements, myself.  This is seriously my most-looked forward to game of the Fall, though.  Can't wait!