Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII New PS3 Trailer

R3DNate

CAGiversary!
This is a new trailer that I uploaded for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. Description of the game: The world of Gran Pulse is sinking into the sea and what remains is Nova Chrysalia. With only thirteen days remaining until the end of the world, you have full control of Lightning and it is your mission to save as many souls as possible. Along the journey, you will encounter familiar faces and engage new foes in all new lands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6JjmaS-FHk

Release date? Europe February 14, 2014 North America: February 11, 2014

Post your thoughts of the new trailer. Also, is it going to still come out on 360? The sales for this gen FF have been horrendous on that console.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished FFXIII-2 last week and was pretty pleased with it. I'm in for this one as long as the 13 days is merely a plot thing, I really hate games with arbitrary time limits.

I guess I will be in the very small minority that actually can't wait for this to come out. I thought the trailer looked pretty nice.

I like the idea of it being a one (wo)man show.  I hope it actually stays that way - it'd be nice to feel like a badass showstopper in a Final Fantasy game instead of always needing a well rounded team.

I just finished FFXIII-2 last week and was pretty pleased with it. I'm in for this one as long as the 13 days is merely a plot thing, I really hate games with arbitrary time limits.
Really? I liked some of the improvements they made (over XIII) but I honestly thought the story and protagonists were some of the worst in the series.

Still, I'm pretty excited for XIII-3, but I'm surprised to see that it's not going to be released until 2014.

Nice vid, so thanks OP.  I realize I'm in the minority as well, but I'm really looking forward to this, despite Lightning channelling David Caruso with her sunglasses maneuver. ;)  

Played through XIII and XIII-2 twice each and sometimes go back to XIII-2 for arena battles or leveling up monsters or messing around with fusions for my party to see if they'll fare any better than what I've already got.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/06/japans-final-fantasy-xiii-lightning-ultimate-box-has-all-three-final-fantasy-xiii-games/

There's a pretty swank CE for the game in Japan... only costs as much as a PS3 itself. :lol:
I kind of want that, but $260 is a little out of my price range for it lol.
I don't see any point in buying that. Basically just buy that statue and the game somewhere else. Those games are like $10-20 depending where you buy them.

I just wrapped up XIII-2 a couple weeks ago, got the plat in it.  I hated XIII, but thought XIII-2 fixed every complaint I had with the first one.  So I'm definitely looking forward to this last one.  Slightly bummed that it's not coming out until next year, but with everything releasing this Fall it's probably for the best.  

The only thing making me hesitant about this game was hearing that there will be no party, just Lightning in battle. Has anything else been said about that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV6YtKmsGaw

ETA: How do you embed a YouTube video now? It used to be automatic.
I posted a vimeo link for the Watch Dogs trailer and that was automatic. They might still be working on it...

Anyway, I'm confused as to how the battle system in this game will work. Is it going to be ATB (like the last two) or is this an action-RPG? The trailer doesn't show any of the ATB stuff and it looks like Lightning moves around freely, but it still looks like it's ATB.

It's real time, but there's like an endurance bar that gets used up as you attack. Different attacks and spells use up bigger or smaller portions of the bar, and when it runs out you have to wait for it to recharge.

bread's done
Back