Monthly Recurring Gaming Contest - Win $50 USD Playing Multiplayer Games like Garrys Mod, CSS, TF2, Minecraft, DayZ (+ 42 Other Games)

PAL-18

CAG Newbie
This month's prizes are 3 prizes of $50 USD for the Player Prize and $125 USD for the Server Prize (prizes sent via PayPal or as a steam game gift).

WEBSITE LINK
STEAM GROUP
TWITTER
FACEBOOK

What is Capture The Prize?

Capture The Prize is a FREE to join and FREE to win monthly contest where players who play on any servers can win prizes just for playing. Server hosts can also win a prize by referring the most active players. Servers also benefit from increased player traffic as well as rewarding your existing player base with the chance to win prizes. 45 multiplayer games and all mods are supported (Counter-Strike: Global Offense, Team Fortress 2, Garrys Mod, DayZ, Minecraft, Battlefield Series, Quake Series, Unreal Tournament Series, etc.). Game Servers do not need to install any plugins. We just need your Server IP, Port, Query Port (If applicable) and game type.

-----

Player Prize

All players who have played in any of the servers on the Global Server List or Personal Server List for a combined 4 points or more will be entered into the drawing and a winner will be chosen at random. Players get points every 15 minutes. The more points a player has, the higher their odds of winning. Players can also create their own personal server list with up to 24 servers in all supported games/mods.

-----

Server Op Prize

Server hosts who referred the most active players (a player who activated their account, sent their SteamID and accumulated at least 4 points) will win one of these. You get a Unique URL and when a user clicks this URL, it takes them to the register form and credits that registration as being referred by you. Even if the user doesnt sign up right away, it creates a cookie that lasts for 1 month so if they sign up later, you still get credited. There are also a large variety of banner images available that you can use on your website (found here)

-----

Odds

The more points a player has, the higher their odds of winning.

-----

How it Works

After you register on the site (verify your email and login), you click the "Sign in through the steam" button. Steam will not reveal your username or password to CaptureThePrize.com; rather your SteamID will be shared. This website like many sites on the internet is funded by advertisements; that's how the prizes are funded.

-----

Server Operators (Server Hosts)

All new servers start out as "Standard Servers". Standard servers net players 1 point every 15 minutes. Once you have referred 50 active players (over any time period), all your current servers listed will automatically be upgraded to a "Premium Server". Premium servers net players 2 points every 15 minutes (and as a result will generally get more traffic). Click here for more information.

-----

Supported Games (All mods are supported too)

America's Army 3
Arma 2 (DayZ, etc.)
Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
Armed Assault
Battlefield 1942 (Desert Combat, etc.)
Battlefield Vietnam
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2142
Battlefield 3
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Call of Duty: United Offensive
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Call of Duty: World at War
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Counter-Strike: Source
Counter-Strike
Crysis 2
Crysis Warhead
Crysis Wars
Day of Defeat
Day of Defeat: Source
Doom 3
Garry's Mod
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
F.E.A.R.
Half Life 2: Deathmatch
Homefront
Killing Floor
Minecraft (Version 1.9+ only)
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Medal of Honor Warfighter
Natural Selection 2
Quake 2
Quake 3
Quake 4
Soldier of Fortune 2
Team Fortress 2
Team Fortress Classic
Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament 2004
Unreal Tournament 3
Wolfenstein Enemy Territory

All Source/Orangebox Modifications (PVK II, Synergy, Sourceforts, etc.)
All GoldSRC Modifications (Natural Selection, Sven Coop, etc.)

Players List | Server List

-----
$1200 USD of prizes have been won so far.

Winner Testimonials

Capture The Prize is such a great thing for people like me who like to play games a lot. All you have to do is sign up, and play on servers that have a great community and great people, and by doing so you can win 50$. I honestly do not see any downside to it, it was a great and fun experience :D.
- Bunnies, May 2013 Winner of $50 USD

Really Loved This Contest Was really easy for everyone to sign up.
- %5BFF%5D Fuseyy, May 2013 Winner of $250 USD

Was a completely hassle-free and amazing experience! All you had to do was play games for a chance to win money! I see absolutely no reason why any player or community owner wouldn't want to sign up :D
- %5BFF%5Dcapnwafflez, Apr. 2013 Winner of $50 USD

I Really Enjoyed this all i did was get my community to sign up on here which was no hassle at all. They had fun and one of our members actually won. All round fun.
- [FF[ Fuseyy, Apr. 2013 Winner of $250 USD

My experience [sic] "with" Capture the Prize was great. All I did was tell everyone in my community to sign up and play on our servers. The next thing you know, I won! Easy $250. :D I'm definitely going to try and go for premium so everyone on there can get double points. Thanks CTP!
- DMG | bungle, Feb. 2013 Winner of $250 USD

Very good experience, really fun
- budnut, Feb. 2013 Winner of $50 USD

I have had a great experience with CTP ive been using it since i bought gmod back in november and have gone up the ladder and became admin [sic] "on a game server" :D its great and it was kinda easy to win because all i had to do was play on an awesome server and i like my prize :3
- iWrangleKoalas, Jan. 2013 Winner of $50 USD

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh,trying to sign up for this but Steam verification emails are slow.Assuming it's not a scam.

Steam has been having problems all day (steam community going offline, etc.) and no its not a scam, all the people who won you can contact them to verify (their name links to their steam page).

Cool, I signed up. Just wondering, how exactly does this benefit you? Is it from ads or something? Well, regardless, if this is legit, then it's pretty cool, now I can maybe get something out of all those hours of Team Fortress 2!

Cool, I signed up. Just wondering, how exactly does this benefit you? Is it from ads or something? Well, regardless, if this is legit, then it's pretty cool, now I can maybe get something out of all those hours of Team Fortress 2!
Yes its the website adverts.

I know the prizes are small compared to other contests.  That's because there's a low amount of player participating.  I can get better prizes with more players and more advertisers.  Even with a lot of players, your odds of winning will still be higher than other contests because for every 1 point you gain, your name is added to the "pot" one more time.  You can also gain bonus points by referring your friends with a unique URL (you get 4 points per hour per friend when you and your friends are playing at the same time).

bread's done
Back