Fifty Shades of Grey

Born To Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

The Last of US $59.99

Buy one, get one free on all Just Dance and Zumba games

*Just Dance 4 $39.99, Just Dance 3 $19.99, Zumba Fitness $39.99 Shown*

$10 off any Disney game with $1 reservation of Disney Infinity 

*Brave $19.99, Wreck it Ralph 3DS $29.99, Epic Mickey 2 The Power of Two $29.99 Shown*

Dead Island $18, Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe $18, 1600 MS Points card $18

*$18 other Select titles on sale too*

Credit to bainbridge's_stache @ BR.com

Posted Image

People whining about having to do their job is annoying. Hence you no longer have a job and people buy most of their reading materials from the internet. Fuck off and go work at McDonald's now.

Best Buy managed to out-Gamestop Gamestop. Good show. :applause:

8-) Real gamers don't shop at GameStop 8-)

#2 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

Hmm... no E3 price drops? :-k

#3 mikeja72

mikeja72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

I was thinking the same thing...safe to open the vita I bought at target and go out and buy a memory card and ps+ acct?

#4 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

Thanks for the ads.  :)

Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#5 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

It just may be that Sony has gotten smart about ad leaks from the past. The price drops could still be coming. I would wait 4 more days.

Posted Image

#6 zyk

zyk

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

I hope so. It would be pretty disappointing if there wasnt a price drop on anything 

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: Tales of Xillia

:ps4: Watch_Dogs

#7 LightningX32

LightningX32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

i would assume this means no e3 price drops, unless sony, microsoft or nintendo requested for them to be left out of ads due to leaks.  was hoping this would give me a clearer picture on picking up a vita now or waiting till after e3.

#8 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

well, it is only a matter of time. if the price drop does not happen after e3, then it will happen much later on.

#9 mikeja72

mikeja72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

I would do what I did if you want a vita. Get the wifi one from target and just hold into it and return it if there's something better

#10 nextisland

nextisland

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

dang it i was hoping for a price drop on a xbox -.-

#11 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

Was hoping maybe it would leak the price for ps4 or have a release date or something, lol.

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#12 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

There isn't a Wii U price drop either. Hmm.

#13 Jasper & Harley

Jasper & Harley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:03 AM

It just may be that Sony has gotten smart about ad leaks from the past. The price drops could still be coming. I would wait 4 more days.

I was thinking the same thing. After the "speedy" controversy (man I miss those days), I don't think the big 3 would tell retailers their plans ahead of time (or allow them to print them anyway). If I remember correctly, the Xbox 360 Slim was not in any of the ads until after it was announced. And nobody knew about the 3DS price drop to $169 until after Nintendo's announcement as well. And sales ads are planned and laid out weeks before a sale starts. I would be shocked if there wasn't a price drop on the Wii U and Vita during E3. 

UyUhMmy.png

#14 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

All you need is Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:15 AM

I was thinking the same thing. After the "speedy" controversy (man I miss those days), I don't think the big 3 would tell retailers their plans ahead of time (or allow them to print them anyway). If I remember correctly, the Xbox 360 Slim was not in any of the ads until after it was announced. And nobody knew about the 3DS price drop to $169 until after Nintendo's announcement as well. And sales ads are planned and laid out weeks before a sale starts. I would be shocked if there wasn't a price drop on the Wii U and Vita during E3. 

Speedy controversy? 

sXccgoQ.gif771291726.gif?1368801226j5IniQc.gif

Get A Free Xbox One! Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line Super easy and it works!

If you want to be awesome, like Duane, you'd do it!

Currently playing: Big Rigs :pc:, Charlie's Angels  :gc:, Aquaman :gc:, Drake of the 99 Dragons :xbox:,

#15 Jasper & Harley

Jasper & Harley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

Speedy controversy? 

Per Wikipedia: "In July 2007, a user with the avatar "speedy1961" posted information from an upcoming Circuit City Sunday newspaper ad flyer revealing a $100 PlayStation 3 price drop. Weeks later, Circuit City subpoenaed CAG Productions, LLC in an effort to obtain speedy1961's identity. To fight Circuit City, CAG hired an attorney and filed an Objection and Motion to Quash the subpoena. In February 2009, after declaring bankruptcy, Circuit City filed an order of Nonsuit, officially ending the matter, keeping "speedy1961's" identity a secret."

This was back in during the "good old days" when I had first joined CAG. I remember how much I would look forward to his ads being posted. Then that happened and that was the end of speedy1961. CheapyD honors him by giving out the "speedy1961" award each year.

UyUhMmy.png

#16 Mulct

Mulct

Programmer / Gamer

• CAG Newbie

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

Pretty disappointed, there is nothing there that I really want. If I started zumba that it would be great.

Swiftfox.jpg

#17 WoodyChris

WoodyChris

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

Is it Dead Island Riptide that's on sale in the ad, or the original Dead Island? If it's Riptide, I may hold off on picking it up from Best Buy today at $30.

#18 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

So who here wants to buy more MSP cards? :D

I'll admit, even though I got in on the microsoft deal from a couple weeks back, I may pick up one from Target as well. For $15.39 (if I did the math right), I can't complain.Will use it mainly on DLC I'm thinking.

card.png

#19 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

Speedy controversy?
Per Wikipedia: "In July 2007, a user with the avatar "speedy1961" posted information from an upcoming [/size]Circuit City Sunday newspaper ad flyer revealing a $100 PlayStation 3 price drop. Weeks later, Circuit City subpoenaed CAG Productions, LLC in an effort to obtain speedy1961's identity.[/size]To fight Circuit City, CAG hired an attorney and filed an Objection and Motion to Quash the subpoena. In February 2009, after declaring bankruptcy, Circuit City filed an order of Nonsuit, officially ending the matter, keeping "speedy1961's" identity a secret."[/size]

This was back in during the "good old days" when I had first joined CAG. I remember how much I would look forward to his ads being posted. Then that happened and that was the end of speedy1961. CheapyD honors him by giving out the "speedy1961" award each year.[/size]
Whatever job Speedy worked, he/she had access to all the weekly ads two weeks out. For example, we would all know what the Target/BB ads would be for the week of the 23rd already. He/she never posted scans or anything so it was all cool.

Of course a then 8-month old console getting a $100 price drop, in addition to news leaking that Sony would soon be removing full backwards compatibility from the machine to cut costs, was huge news and went to GAF and the blogs. Sony was pissed and already not being compensated by CC (they would remove their products from the store a few months later) demanded CC went after CAG. This built up CAG's rep a bit and indirectly led to the Kotaku/Brian Crecente controversy a couple of years later.

Speedy unrelated lost his job from downsizing and CAG lost early access to ads for awhile. There have been others to take his/her place to get us the ads a week in advance instead of two.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#20 Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey

Born To Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

Is it Dead Island Riptide that's on sale in the ad, or the original Dead Island? If it's Riptide, I may hold off on picking it up from Best Buy today at $30.

From the ad scan, it's the first game, non GOTY edition.

Posted Image

People whining about having to do their job is annoying. Hence you no longer have a job and people buy most of their reading materials from the internet. Fuck off and go work at McDonald's now.

Best Buy managed to out-Gamestop Gamestop. Good show. :applause:

8-) Real gamers don't shop at GameStop 8-)

#21 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

They could still do price cuts stores would just put up the signs advertising the new prices...the signs just wouldn't be the official promo ones

#22 ColFantastic

ColFantastic

Ranking Officer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:28 AM

Any idea what the other selected titles for $18 will be?

ColFantastic's Sell/Trade List

http://www.cheapassg...s-vita-games-w/

#23 360maniac_com

360maniac_com

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

Hmm... no E3 price drops? :-k

Yeah, really, disappointing.

Find cheap xbox 360 games at 360maniac.com.

#24 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

The best part of Speedy's early access to ads was how easy it made planning your price matching, since this was back in the good old days of PM's being 110% of the difference-- quite a few of us would go out as soon as Speedy posted the ads and buy what we wanted 1-2 weeks in advance. I bought my PS3 the week before the Circuit City ad, knowing full well that Best Buy would have to price match (and I wanted RZ points).  I still remember how shocked the Best Buy CSR was when I brought the Circuit City ad (I don't think Best Buy had the new price in their system yet or something) and got a $110 PM.

#25 zyk

zyk

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:11 AM

Sad face. Looks like this ad was accurate after all.

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: Tales of Xillia

:ps4: Watch_Dogs

#26 queldorei

queldorei

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:22 AM

Hi I am in business. How can I increase target market. What things I have to consider?

#27 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

All you need is Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:40 PM

Speedy controversy? 

Per Wikipedia: "In July 2007, a user with the avatar "speedy1961" posted information from an upcoming Circuit City Sunday newspaper ad flyer revealing a $100 PlayStation 3 price drop. Weeks later, Circuit City subpoenaed CAG Productions, LLC in an effort to obtain speedy1961's identity. To fight Circuit City, CAG hired an attorney and filed an Objection and Motion to Quash the subpoena. In February 2009, after declaring bankruptcy, Circuit City filed an order of Nonsuit, officially ending the matter, keeping "speedy1961's" identity a secret."

This was back in during the "good old days" when I had first joined CAG. I remember how much I would look forward to his ads being posted. Then that happened and that was the end of speedy1961. CheapyD honors him by giving out the "speedy1961" award each year.

Thanks. That's awesome how CAG stood behind the user.

sXccgoQ.gif771291726.gif?1368801226j5IniQc.gif

Get A Free Xbox One! Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line Super easy and it works!

If you want to be awesome, like Duane, you'd do it!

Currently playing: Big Rigs :pc:, Charlie's Angels  :gc:, Aquaman :gc:, Drake of the 99 Dragons :xbox:,

#28 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:55 PM

will dmc and dead space 3 pleeeease hit 20$ already ?
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#29 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:54 AM

Dead Space 3 was $11 after PM/$1 preorder 2 weeks ago at Target. If u can find a major retailer that Target PMs that has either game for $30, u can use their current preorder promo to get the game for $21 too since the PMs/preorder discounts/coupons are still stacking...

#30 Potatoechomper12

Potatoechomper12

Potatoe pewper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:44 AM

Dead Space 3 was $11 after PM/$1 preorder 2 weeks ago at Target. If u can find a major retailer that Target PMs that has either game for $30, u can use their current preorder promo to get the game for $21 too since the PMs/preorder discounts/coupons are still stacking...

I thought the promo only works on 39.99 and up? Or does it work because of the MSRP is actually 39.99 and up? ( I don't know the MSRP of DS3) if this works, could I get fire emblem awakening for 21 dollars if I price match walmart and use the promo?