Photo
- - - - -

Futureshop E3 promo - get up to $20 off for online preorders (June 10-13)

• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#31 BellardB

BellardB

Get your head in the game!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:12 AM

I think they mean multi-sku games that have a regular and special/limited/collector's edition. SMT4 qualifies because it is considered a regular edition - there's only the one sku available. 

#32 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

Well, I pre-order SMTIV and Pokemon X/Y with the promo, also pre-ordered Mario & Luigi: Dream Team by itself. Spending $33.32 on SMTIV is great. Considering I was going to spend $64.46 on Amazon for same day shipping.

#33 ArcticPirate

ArcticPirate

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

It may be worth nothing that they charge you 3 separate times (as each game ships). A couple years ago, I ordered NHL 12, Uncharted 3 and Skyrim at the $39.99 price point. After NHL shipped, I ended up cancelling the order as I found better deals on Uncharted and Skyrim later. In the end, I spent $39.99 for NHL 12 on launch. This could be a useful strategy for those looking to pick up The Last of Us* cheap! 

Of course, if you want two other games for $39.99, then ignore this ;)

*EDIT: Looks like it's sold out. Bummer :/ 

#34 Jogurt the Yogurt

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

That's generally true, but first-party Nintendo games are notoriously slow to receive discounts.  These deals are especially good for those titles.

I just did a count and realized that I pre-ordered 12 Wii U games and 6 3DS games. :shock:

Couldn't find Zelda 3DS, sadly.

Also!  Was excited to find a listing for X:

www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/wii-u-x-nintendo-wii-u/10204320.aspx

This is the forthcoming Wii U RPG from Monolith Soft, makers of Xenoblade Chronicles.  It looks HYPE.

Thanks for that! I just dropped a second order on X, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, and I threw in Dark Souls 2 just in case they get the whole "first run automatically upgraded to LE" like the last one.

#35 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

They've added even more stuff like Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros. U, DK Tropical Freeze and Zelda 3DS.  My list grows longer...

Posted Image

#36 VetraX

VetraX

In-game moralist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

Killer Instinct is F2P, yet $59.99 on their site. Don't you guys always end up having problems with Futureshop every year with these E3 deals?

#37 canuckcollector

canuckcollector

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

Killer Instinct is F2P, yet $59.99 on their site. Don't you guys always end up having problems with Futureshop every year with these E3 deals?

You can use it as a filler to get an order of 3 games. Most likely they will end up cancelling it and that should not affect the rest of the order. 

#38 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

I'm hoping FS adds the newly announced Etrian Odyssey Millenium Girl before this is over.

Gah stupid Nintendo game's never getting discounts. 

Preordered

Smash Bros

Donkey Kong

Yoshi

Mario Kart

Mario World 

Windwaker HD

Thats along with the 15 games I preordered before 

I'm holding off on X though because I am not a big fan of online multiplayer games that do not have warcraft in the title.

So I have somehow preordered 21 games.So now I gotta wait for the trade in deals at futureshop and get giftcards equal to those before some of these games hit shelves or my credit card will be taking quite the hit. 

I do already have 350 odd in futureshop credit handy so thats about half of it. 

Am tempted to go for the future order of Zelda Wii U, Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV PS4 though....

#39 Sennyize

Sennyize

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

It is worth noting that Super Luigi U has been added to the list as well.

Even though it's DLC (And the fact I don't even have a Wii U... Yet) Having a disc is almost always better in my opinion

#40 Skardee

Skardee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

Anyone know if you're able to update your address part way through the order? I may be moving to a new place in the fall. 

#41 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

I'm hoping FS adds the newly announced Etrian Odyssey Millenium Girl before this is over.

Gah stupid Nintendo game's never getting discounts. 

Preordered

Smash Bros

Donkey Kong

Yoshi

Mario Kart

Mario World 

Windwaker HD

Thats along with the 15 games I preordered before 

I'm holding off on X though because I am not a big fan of online multiplayer games that do not have warcraft in the title.

So I have somehow preordered 21 games.So now I gotta wait for the trade in deals at futureshop and get giftcards equal to those before some of these games hit shelves or my credit card will be taking quite the hit. 

I do already have 350 odd in futureshop credit handy so thats about half of it. 

Am tempted to go for the future order of Zelda Wii U, Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV PS4 though....

You can change the payment method after ordering? Hm, I might do this too then.

#42 canuckcollector

canuckcollector

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

Project X Zone is back in stock.

#43 Jogurt the Yogurt

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

Project X Zone is back in stock.

Thanks for the update! I can't really make another order, so I'm going to have to wait for X Zone to go on sale down the road.

#44 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

thx for the headsup on x zone. Just added it to order.

#45 retro.elite

retro.elite

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

Muramasa rebirth limited edition in stock now (limited)

Posted Image

#46 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

About canceling games that are part of a large order, I have done it before with Futureshop by calling them on the phone to cancel. The game I canceled was the last remaining game to ship of a bulk order, so I don't know if that makes a difference. This was one of those deals from an old E3 where you saved $20 on each game if you order 3 or more, just like this one.

76561197996799113.png

#47 Gombay

Gombay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

My final list:

X

Wonderful 101

Bayonetta 2

Mario & Luigi: DT

Zelda U

Zelda 3DS

Zelda WW HD

Wii U lineup is actually looking not too shabby and I'm not even including quite a few games in my order. Would have added The Division, but I probably won't get a PS4 right away. Anyone else think that WW HD won't actually cost $59.99? Seems high for an HD remake.

Posted Image

#48 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

All the first print copies of SMT4 and Dragon's Crown come with all the preorder goodies. Regardless of what retailer you buy them from.

Are you sure about this? I heard that the artbook for Dragon's Crown is only available at select retailers.

http://www.atlus.com...ful_glam_02.jpg

http://www.atlus.com...n/purchase.html

first link has the disclamer about participating retailers, second link i assume is the list of participating retailers

Futureshop isn't on that list.

Oh, sorry about that. This is news to me. I guess it's a good thing I haven't gotten around to canceling any preorders yet...

Anyone else think that WW HD won't actually cost $59.99? Seems high for an HD remake.

Yeah I skipped it just becasue of that, $40 seems to be the norm for remake rereleases. Although, when it comes to any needed cancellations I suppose it'd be simple to just return an item in-store after the fact. Anybody do that on previous years? Did it cause any headaches?

Posted Image

#49 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

I made 3 more pre-orders. Project x Zone/Bravery Default and Zelda 3DS. Maybe now I should cancel my pre-order at EBGames for Project x Zone.

#50 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

Well, I think I'm done. I ordered some stuff I maybe won't want from FS, but I figured it's best to pile everything in now and sort it all out later. Huge thanks to everybody that pointed out random stuff that wasn't featured, I dug around some myself and couldn't find much anything. My final list:

Pokemon X
Pokemon Y
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Bravely Default Flying Fairy
-
Final Fantasy X X2 HD Remaster
Dragon's Crown
Tales of Xillia
-
The Witch and the Hundred Knights
The Guided Fate Paradox
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
Dark Souls 2
-
Legend Of Zelda Link Between Worlds
Project x Zone
Muramasa Rebirth Limited Edition
-
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD
Wii U X
The Legend of Zelda

Posted Image

#51 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:46 PM

My list so far;

Project x Zone

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Bravery Default

The Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds

Pokemon X

Pokemon Y

Already paid off Muramasa/Tales of Xillia CE at EB, and I want that artbook from Dragon's Crown. 

My poor wallet.

#52 Jogurt the Yogurt

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

Yeah I skipped it just becasue of that, $40 seems to be the norm for remake rereleases. Although, when it comes to any needed cancellations I suppose it'd be simple to just return an item in-store after the fact. Anybody do that on previous years? Did it cause any headaches?

I assume the price will be adjusted when it's actually set. If they bump it down to $39.99, they should change your discount to $13.33 or whatever—they're not going to make you pay the full $59.99 minus $20 for it.

Also, Muramasa LE is already sold out. :(

Maybe I can make another order of Smash Bros. U, Project X Zone, and Link to the Past 2... Hmm...

EDIT: Looks like Project X Zone is sold out again too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the double-post, but it looks like Final Fantasy XV has now been added to the pre-order deal for both PS4 and Xbone.

PS4 has been added to the main pre-order deal page, but it's sold out.

#53 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

I assume the price will be adjusted when it's actually set. If they bump it down to $39.99, they should change your discount to $13.33 or whatever—they're not going to make you pay the full $59.99 minus $20 for it.

Sorry for the double-post, but it looks like Final Fantasy XV has now been added to the pre-order deal for both PS4 and Xbone.

That's how the discount 'should' work, but not how they do it. If something drops we get whichever price is cheaper. You can possibly get the E3 discount stacked back on the new cheaper MSRP if you phone up and complain. But YMMV complaint results aren't worth the hassle IMO.

I also wouldn't bother with FF15 preorders even though I know I'll want it. It'll certainly have preorder goodies, even Futureshop will probably offer a steelbook. Plus it'll pricedrop like mad shortly after release.

Posted Image

#54 Jogurt the Yogurt

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

That's how the discount 'should' work, but not how they do it. If something drops we get whichever price is cheaper. You can possibly get the E3 discount stacked back on the new cheaper MSRP if you phone up and complain. But YMMV complaint results aren't worth the hassle IMO.

I also wouldn't bother with FF15 preorders even though I know I'll want it. It'll certainly have preorder goodies, even Futureshop will probably offer a steelbook. Plus it'll pricedrop like mad shortly after release.

Well... at least the good news is if the game drops from 59.99 to 39.99 it'd be easy to cancel it and just buy it somewhere else. And most of the games listed here already at 39.99, those prices aren't going anywhere.

I'm definitely holding out on FFXV. I actually don't even know if I want it, but I thought some people here might be interested in chucking it into an order. :)

#55 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

I'll want FFXV but there's probably going to be some big premium edition that won't sell and i'll be able to get for 40 bucks down the line. *cough* FFXIII-2

But if they magically add Symphonia and Etrian Odyssey I'll add it as a third to the order with them just in case.

#56 Jogurt the Yogurt

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

I'll want FFXV but there's probably going to be some big premium edition that won't sell and i'll be able to get for 40 bucks down the line. *cough* FFXIII-2

But if they magically add Symphonia and Etrian Odyssey I'll add it as a third to the order with them just in case.

I admit that I did search for Symphonia, and was disappointed to find it wasn't listed. :(

#57 canuckcollector

canuckcollector

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

Already well over $900, and am still considering MGS V and FF XV. I'm sure I'll get CE/LE and will wait for a price drops for playing.

Was anyone able to get an upgrade to CE on E3 preorder? I remember seeing some posts like this on rfd before.  

#58 VetraX

VetraX

In-game moralist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

How has FS been like with pre-order bonuses? are they up to par with EB?

#59 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Nobody is up to par with EB for pre-order bonuses. They always get the best ones. Other stores may get a bonus weapon while EB gets the weapon and an exclusive mission or something, that is a routine thing.

Does anyone know if Best Buy ships my Last of Us today but Futureshop doesn't, can I open the Best Buy copy and then return the FS one to Best Buy later for refund? Will there be any difference, they'll only scan the UPC code right? They ship them from the same warehouse.

I'm asking cause I want to play the game ASAP and my Futureshop copy was cheaper, I didn't have time to cancel the BB order.

76561197996799113.png

#60 VetraX

VetraX

In-game moralist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

Nobody is up to par with EB for pre-order bonuses. They always get the best ones. Other stores may get a bonus weapon while EB gets the weapon and an exclusive mission or something, that is a routine thing.

Oh, for sure. I probably shouldn't of said pre-orders, as what I meant to say was more along the lines of first runs/prints of games, ie. Project X Zone, and Shin Megami Tensei IV.