Photo
- - - - -

Futureshop E3 promo - get up to $20 off for online preorders (June 10-13)

• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#61 Jogurt the Yogurt

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:23 PM

Oh, for sure. I probably shouldn't of said pre-orders, as what I meant to say was more along the lines of first runs/prints of games, ie. Project X Zone, and Shin Megami Tensei IV.

SMT's first run upgrade is from the publisher, not the retailer, so anyone that Atlus ships the game to will have it.

#62 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

How has FS been like with pre-order bonuses? are they up to par with EB?

Nobody is up to par with EB for pre-order bonuses. They always get the best ones. Other stores may get a bonus weapon while EB gets the weapon and an exclusive mission or something, that is a routine thing.

Oh, for sure. I probably shouldn't of said pre-orders, as what I meant to say was more along the lines of first runs/prints of games, ie. Project X Zone, and Shin Megami Tensei IV.

Oops, I have no idea about that.

76561197996799113.png

#63 canuckcollector

canuckcollector

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

Nobody is up to par with EB for pre-order bonuses. They always get the best ones. Other stores may get a bonus weapon while EB gets the weapon and an exclusive mission or something, that is a routine thing.

I am quite sure the first run specials will be on FS. I just have extra preorders on amazon just in case FS does not. 

#64 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

Futureshop should have SMTIV/Project x Zone Limited Editions. As every single first print copy gets them no matter what.

#65 adayinthelife

adayinthelife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

Does anyone know if Best Buy ships my Last of Us today but Futureshop doesn't, can I open the Best Buy copy and then return the FS one to Best Buy later for refund? Will there be any difference, they'll only scan the UPC code right? They ship them from the same warehouse.

I'm asking cause I want to play the game ASAP and my Futureshop copy was cheaper, I didn't have time to cancel the BB order.

I think you should be fine, I don't remember seeing any "Future Shop exclusive" or "Best Buy exclusive" type stuff that would have different packaging or anything. Personally I'm planning on just going into FS tomorrow if my copy doesn't ship today and then returning my shipped copy with my store invoice just so I can play it over the weekend.

#66 Hyunkel

Hyunkel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

Do the games ship on launch day or the day before?

I seem to remember receiving them on launch day during the 2011 E3 deal...

#67 Jogurt the Yogurt

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

My copy of The Last of Us shipped yesterday.

#68 adayinthelife

adayinthelife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

My copy of The Last of Us shipped yesterday.

I've only had one online pre-order from FS, but it arrived on release day (Metal Gear Rising). This time around, I've yet to receive an email saying The Last of Us has even shipped...

#69 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

My FS and BB preorders for Last of Us shipped today, FYI. I normally receive them the next day.

76561197996799113.png

#70 Hyunkel

Hyunkel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

I did not receive a shipping notice for Last of Us. Maybe because I'm in Quebec...

#71 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

I didn't get a notice, they often send that email many hours after the website status changes to Shipped.

76561197996799113.png

#72 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

I remember when Tales of the Abyss 3D was releasing, I pre-ordered it off their site after trading in Uncharted 3 for that $50 gift card offer.

They shipped Tales of the Abyss early, and I got it on release day.

#73 saad77

saad77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

During the 2011 E3 deal only 1 of the 6 games I preorderd came release day, all the rest came later the same week or the next. The only thing that really bothered me about that is that some people who preordered the games closer to release got them on release day and they ran out of stock on some before all preorders were filled.

The games I have preordered this year from FS have arrived release day, or at the latest by Friday of that week. I received a shipping notice for Last of Us last night, and they delivery date they noted was for Friday. So hopefully it will arrive then, I'd hate to wait until Monday to get it  :(

#74 Rosterking

Rosterking

Look away.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

So is this for Candians only?

#75 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:30 AM

we almost did it! Almost and then a american has to ruin it!

#76 KAPBAM

KAPBAM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:33 AM

Just a warning boys and girls. I just went through my orders and one of them had decided that Saints Row 4 was to be shipped via Air. Which I had certainly not asked for. So I cancelled and re-placed my order. Seems fine now. You may want to double check while the promo is still on, just sayin ;)

#77 lowlowgoodprice

lowlowgoodprice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

is shipping no longer free? nvm its like kapbam says changed one of the shipping air to ground and now its changed to free again

pre ordered

southpark stick of truth: the nagasaki fart!

dragons crown

time and eternity

COD dont judge me D: ..

#78 KAPBAM

KAPBAM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:14 AM

COD dont judge me D: ..

Haha, that oughta be the next subtitle. "Coming holiday 2014, Call Of Duty: DJM" xP

#79 adayinthelife

adayinthelife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

My FS and BB preorders for Last of Us shipped today, FYI. I normally receive them the next day.

Got my email at 11:30 last night, but it's supposedly being delivered to me today so that's great.

EDIT: For those who care, I did receive TLOU in the mail today. Makes me even more excited about the pre-orders I made on this deal.

#80 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

I got my TLOU today as well. They also sent me a 50$ off coupon on http://www.futuresho...archPageIndex=1 to my email. Anyone know if this is any good?

#81 KAPBAM

KAPBAM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:06 AM

I got my TLOU today as well. They also sent me a 50$ off coupon on http://www.futuresho...archPageIndex=1 to my email. Anyone know if this is any good?

My friends swear by those headphones. I figured at 50$, they'll be my go-to solution for multiplayer. So yea I ordered a pair. And since it's FS, you (and I) can always return them if you hate them.

#82 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

I got my TLOU today as well. They also sent me a 50$ off coupon on http://www.futuresho...archPageIndex=1 to my email. Anyone know if this is any good?

If you're not going to use it, please consider sending it my way (for good karma?). I could REALLY use this at my place.

#83 canuckcollector

canuckcollector

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

If you're not going to use it, please consider sending it my way (for good karma?). I could REALLY use this at my place.

I'm not gonna use mine. Let me know if anyone wants a code. 

#84 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

Did anyone get the pre-order bonus with Last of Us? I thought it came with all pre-orders but then I saw that EB is claiming it's their exclusive.

Best Buy and FS are continuing this new policy of not leaving games in the mail box, so glad I was around to accept my delivery yesterday. They used to leave it in the box every time.

I have two of those headset codes if anybody needs it, one from FS and one from Best Buy.

76561197996799113.png

#85 rana09

rana09

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

[quote name="KAPBAM" post="10626942" timestamp="1371279986"][quote name="Lockescythe" post="10626181" timestamp="1371257362"] And since it's FS, you (and I) can always return them if you hate them.[/quote]

Does FS accept open box items? Just wondering because I also bought the headset. Not sure how good it is

#86 Faytz

Faytz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:02 AM

I got my TLOU today as well. They also sent me a 50$ off coupon on http://www.futuresho...archPageIndex=1 to my email. Anyone know if this is any good?

My friends swear by those headphones. I figured at 50$, they'll be my go-to solution for multiplayer. So yea I ordered a pair. And since it's FS, you (and I) can always return them if you hate them.

Just remeber my phone doesn't have a mic so these headphones will be helpful... though My code does NOT work >_>;;; guess I'll have to call and get it adjust.

#87 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:08 AM

Does FS accept open box items? Just wondering because I also bought the headset. Not sure how good it is

Yeah, as long as it's not media like a movie, CD, or video game.

76561197996799113.png

#88 Faytz

Faytz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:05 PM

Oh if anyone has an extra code to spare can they Pm me. I want to order one for myself and was telling my brother and now he wants one too >_>;

Thanks in advance.

#89 KAPBAM

KAPBAM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

[quote name="Solid-Snake-Eyes" post="10627392" timestamp="1371314015"]Best Buy and FS are continuing this new policy of not leaving games in the mail box, so glad I was around to accept my delivery yesterday.[/quote] 

That's probably a delivery service thing. I got my Last Of Us in my mail box. But seems whenever the postal worker changes, they have their own new preferences/quirks.

[quote name="Lockescythe" post="10626181" timestamp="1371257362"]
And since it's FS, you (and I) can always return them if you hate them.

Yea like Solid-Snake-Eyes said, they do accept open box items with some exceptions, say an open video game. But I've tested and returned multiple headphones. I've had a hell of a time trying to find a pair I like :/ At least thanks to FS/BB I can try them, then return if I don't like them. Same will go for this pair. Although at 50$, they only have to suit my needs for multiplayer for me to keep them.

#90 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

I'm not gonna use mine. Let me know if anyone wants a code. 

Didn't receive a code, would love to have one, please!