Photo
- - - - -

Futureshop E3 promo - get up to $20 off for online preorders (June 10-13)

• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#121 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

Got all three of my Project X Zone copies (all LE)

You bought 3? o_O

#122 BellardB

BellardB

Get your head in the game!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:05 AM

You bought 3? o_O

OmegaChaos meet jeffx. He's hardcore.

#123 KAPBAM

KAPBAM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:01 AM

I got the same e-mail for that and for the Dark Sorcerer. They better honour the deal when those games are released.

Yea I preordered South Park on PS4 just in case, but as expected it is a current gen game, not coming to PS4. That's why it got cancelled. As for Dark Sorcerer, I laughed when I saw it listed on the FS pre-order page. It's a tech demo of sorts, like Kara was (look up Kara Quantic Dreams if you haven't seen it). It will never be a game, so don't expect to receive it from FS ;)

Edit: Also as far as I can tell, only the item gets cancelled, and your other games are still pre-ordered at the discount you are supposed to get. Just checked that order and the current balance reflects this.

#124 king_bronx

king_bronx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Yea I preordered South Park on PS4 just in case, but as expected it is a current gen game, not coming to PS4. That's why it got cancelled. As for Dark Sorcerer, I laughed when I saw it listed on the FS pre-order page. It's a tech demo of sorts, like Kara was (look up Kara Quantic Dreams if you haven't seen it). It will never be a game, so don't expect to receive it from FS ;)

Edit: Also as far as I can tell, only the item gets cancelled, and your other games are still pre-ordered at the discount you are supposed to get. Just checked that order and the current balance reflects this.

Well, that's good to hear. I tried to pre-order as much as I could on both consoles (making the most of the deal) and ended up with 38 games after the cancellation haha!

I just figured I'd cover my bets with the PS3 and PS4 versions of the games. In case they all ended up coming out around the same time as PS4 - no point in buying last gen just to sit on my shelf for a month and then have the current gen version show up.

#125 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:07 AM

tempted to cancel time and eternity. Every review is being bleak about it being even decent.

#126 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:22 AM

You weren't kidding. It's averaging a 39 on Metacritic.

#127 adayinthelife

adayinthelife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

Just received my MGS collection a day early. Not a bad little package for the $33 or so that it ended up costing with this deal.

#128 BellardB

BellardB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:43 AM

Just received my MGS collection a day early. Not a bad little package for the $33 or so that it ended up costing with this deal.

Me too. Do you know if the art book package is a limited run?

#129 adayinthelife

adayinthelife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

Me too. Do you know if the art book package is a limited run?

I'm not sure, I didn't even realize we were getting one so it's entirely possible. I don't remember reading about one being included in the package when I first read about it, but it could've just been something I missed I guess.

#130 canuckcollector

canuckcollector

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

Final Fantasy X X2 Remaster gets Limited Edition artbook package. At $26.66, I should have ordered an extra.

http://blog.us.plays...ayStation.Blog)

9242121635_2cc75db771_z.jpg

#131 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

So, is Futureshop going to ship out SMTIV early? It comes out next Tuesday. People have stated getting their games early.

#132 JetEngineJesus

JetEngineJesus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

tempted to cancel time and eternity. Every review is being bleak about it being even decent.

I gave up hope of it being good after watching the trailer...

http://nisamerica.co...e_and_eternity/

Oooooooooooof.

#133 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:21 AM

I just got a shipping notice for Shin Megami Tensei IV.

#134 JGonspy

JGonspy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

I just got a shipping notice for Shin Megami Tensei IV.

So did I.

What are Future Shop's shipping times like? I'm in Toronto, so I'm hoping it'll only take a few days.

#135 adayinthelife

adayinthelife

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

So did I.

What are Future Shop's shipping times like? I'm in Toronto, so I'm hoping it'll only take a few days.

I live downtown and my MGS shipped on a Friday and I received it Monday, so I'd guess about the same.

#136 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

I'm surprised though, my Project x Zone order didn't ship until Monday. Maybe I'll get it early this time.

#137 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

SMT IV and Time and Eternity came today. SMT was a bit clumsily shipped though and the box is a little dented which dissapointed me. 

#138 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

It's already 2:28 PM, and I still haven't received my copy of SMTIV yet. It says it's out for delivery.

#139 Bill_Gates_III

Bill_Gates_III

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

Hi all, longtime lurker, first time poster.  Just wanted to alert people to the fact Future Shop seems to have merged the listings for the new Zelda on Wii U and Wind Waker HD together (they only list Wind Waker now).  I've tried e-mailing them about this twice over the past week and a half, but have received no response.  So if you ordered the new Zelda, I'd encourage you to e-mail them about it, as the more people they hear from the better ... otherwise we could all end up getting screwed and end up getting an extra copy of Wind Waker...

#140 BellardB

BellardB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:31 AM

SMT IV and Time and Eternity came today. SMT was a bit clumsily shipped though and the box is a little dented which dissapointed me. 

Don't feel bad mine was as well...damn bubble mailers.

#141 Lockescythe

Lockescythe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

Got my 30$ eshop credit too today yay.

#142 QuagsireQing

QuagsireQing

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

Picked up my SMTIV from the post office this morning, and couldn't believe how unprofessionally packaged it was.  Loose inside an unfitted, floppy bubble-mailer without even an invoice inside.  However, the item is perfectly fine and not damaged in any way (it only spent two days in transit from the western Canada fulfillment centre).  The rest of my order is nothing but regular, lightweight game cases, so I don't have any worries about their condition; Pikmin 3 is up next.

#143 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:29 AM

My SMT4 was fairly squished in the mail. I just wandered into a store and did a quick exchange, problem solved. Although from the sounds of it they might be dropping my squished one on some poor soul who pre-ordered in-store...

Posted Image

#144 EvilMario

EvilMario

PhD in Procrastination

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:03 AM

I went down to meet the Canada Post driver, as to be assured he didn't try to squish the package into our tiny mail box. The package and box were in perfect condition, sharp edges and all.

#145 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:49 AM

Welp, Canada Post trolled me. I did get my game yesterday, only they gave it to my downstairs neighbors. Also, the case was damaged, that I had to go to Futureshop and exchange it.

Canada Post sucks, and Futureshop should use a different carrier.

#146 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:19 AM

Final Fantasy X X2 Remaster gets Limited Edition artbook package. At $26.66, I should have ordered an extra.

http://blog.us.plays...ayStation.Blog)

9242121635_2cc75db771_z.jpg

Is FS even getting the LE? I just wandered into my local EB to do a real store preorder (to ensure I get a non-beatup copy), and it seems EB stores are already pre-soldout. And I don't see any mention of the LE upgrade on the FS listing. Amazon.ca doesn't have it (even the regular version), and even Video Games Plus isn't listing it. It looks like the only place it's available in Canada now is ebgames.ca.

Posted Image

#147 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

Is FS even getting the LE? I just wandered into my local EB to do a real store preorder (to ensure I get a non-beatup copy), and it seems EB stores are already pre-soldout. And I don't see any mention of the LE upgrade on the FS listing. Amazon.ca doesn't have it (even the regular version), and even Video Games Plus isn't listing it. It looks like the only place it's available in Canada now is ebgames.ca.

When it comes to LEs, I usually just stick with EBGames either way. Futureshop didn't list the LE for SMTIV until 4 weeks before release.

#148 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:59 AM

When it comes to LEs, I usually just stick with EBGames either way.

Ditto, I was planning on going in since I heard about the LE upgrade. I just didn't think it was a limited thing so I didn't rush. I doubt a hardcover book plus the game will have much chance of getter broken in the mail, but I'm annoyed that I'm ordered through ebgames.ca now.

Of course I'll leave my cheap FS order open, and see what the hell happens.

Posted Image

#149 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:17 AM

Ditto, I was planning on going in since I heard about the LE upgrade. I just didn't think it was a limited thing so I didn't rush. I doubt a hardcover book plus the game will have much chance of getter broken in the mail, but I'm annoyed that I'm ordered through ebgames.ca now.

Of course I'll leave my cheap FS order open, and see what the hell happens.

My guess is, Futureshop won't update the info until almost launch. I have my copy pre-ordered at EB anyway.

#150 QuagsireQing

QuagsireQing

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

...it seems EB stores are already pre-soldout.

Stores should still be pre-ordering the Limited Edition SKU.  Maybe your store was thinking of the Final Fantasy IV Collector's Edition, which sold out last week?

It's worth noting that, for whatever weird reason, while EB Games's website only has a listing for one Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster (with a free upgrade to the LE edition), in stores there are two separate SKUs (regular and LE).  Any store with any sense will have automatically changed everybody to the LE SKU (which is the same price), but if you've ordered through EB, you may wish to make sure you've pre-ordered under the correct SKU.