Photo
* * * - - 194 votes

Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Xbox One

• Please log in to reply
7983 replies to this topic

#31 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

Preordered!

#32 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

Is Best Buy allowing anyone to select at store for pick-up?
DRCLAW411 it just isnt a confirmed launch date yet and Amazon didnt set up Release Date delivery yet, so dont panic yet.

I'd advise against BB. They place a hold on the card once a week until launch for the full amount, and if at any point the hold gets declined for lack of funds or whatever reason between then and now, they cancel the order. I've always personally felt the safest and best places to preorder are Amazon (online) and GameStop (in store).

Theres also the risk of double charging. Happened to me with Fire Emblem Awakening and another game, ended up with duplicate charges on my card that I had to call to resolve

Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 WyldRyce

WyldRyce

Got one. Hopefully I can knock out the PS4 tonight too.

#34 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Can you preorder in store at Best Buy?

I know they don't do a full charge at the time of preorder  but it does do an initial charge at the time of order and then they ping my account every few weeks to make sure the funds are there. Not a big deal at $60 or $100 but at $500 it's going to annoy me.

Anyone know about the MS Store? I think they're run by digital river and they tend to do pending charges as well.

#35 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

Ordered! Titanfall looks incredible.

630736.png

#36 Zeo

Zeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

Any word on in-store preorders for Best Buy and GameStop? Got one at Amazon but I wanna do it at all three just in case..

#37 stonciddta

stonciddta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

DrClaw, I'm not worried about the funds not being there and them holding the money, they did with the last two consoles to me as well. I am more worried about getting it on release date and BB has been great for Console pick-ups.

#38 Xenokai

Xenokai

Competition between PS4/XONE saved gaming.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

are you all sure the dont charge or try to temp charge when you pre order form amazon?

#39 TheSingingBard

TheSingingBard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

Just preordered 1 via Amazon.  Know a lot of people have been bashing their presentation.  I for 1 enjoyed what I saw and will gladly fork over the $500 for one.

#40 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

are you all sure the dont charge or try to temp charge when you pre order form amazon?

100% sure.  Amazon isn't a total shit company like other sites.

#41 Xenokai

Xenokai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

will walmart do pre orders online?

#42 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

Likely. But Amazon (online) and GameStop (in store) are the safest places to preorder.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#43 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

Hope the PS4 pre-orders get announced tonight as well, I'll likely throw one up on Amazon, and wake up early to go to Gamestop at opening

Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 JUSTSULTAN

JUSTSULTAN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

Sweet! All I can say is I love my local gamestop...Now for Sony to drop the numbers. Sucks that Amazon Colorado charges sales tax..its almost the equivalent to a game (if at 60 still). 100 dollar deposit now and ill probably pay it off when I get back..theres not too much more coming out that I would need to spend credit on...if sony comes in at 499 or less then I will have both systems paid off and a day one games for each..all possible to the wonderful gamers on CAG. Thanks everyone!

#45 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

Glad to have finally been able to pre-order the console and that I no longer have to worry about it. Also pre-ordered Battlefield 4 and Forza 5. Will be a nice gift to myself when the warm weather turns nasty.

Posted Image

#46 Xenokai

Xenokai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

Likely. But Amazon (online) and GameStop (in store) are the safest places to preorder.

why is that?

#47 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

Looks like gamestop is up

http://www.gamestop....-edition/109961

#48 Nightfury

Nightfury

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Still on the fence as a day one owner but I went ahead and preordered on Amazon. No money down and I have 5 months to decide. I think the token code for a day one achievement is silly though.

#49 247

info on day one edition http://www.eurogamer...9-USD499-USD499

#50 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

Walmart always turns into a hellhole on console releases. Best Buy is somewhat notorious for either randomly cancelling your order, putting you into backorder oblivion, or selling your order to someone else.

I have never had any problem with Amazon on an order I got in early, and despite the hate, Gamestop is pretty good and fulfilling pre-orders.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#51 aem

aem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

Sucks that Amazon Colorado charges sales tax..its almost the equivalent to a game (if at 60 still).

What?  Amazon does not charge sales tax in Colorado.

#52 JUSTSULTAN

JUSTSULTAN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

amazon and gamestop preorders for me...if I change my mind then no sweat..really waiting on sony atm..100 down and the rest to build up for all the games coming.. I love this site!

#53 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

Was anyone able to do Best Buy in store pickup? Its showing as not available at all stores within 100 miles. surely they didn't sell out that fast.

kNcvatI.gif  344d2c4.jpg

#54 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

Probably havent enabled Instore Pickup yet, that or they got too many too fast and stopped it. More than likely just havent added the option, its still a LONG time before release

Posted ImagePosted Image

#55 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I wonder, will Sony be announcing the Price of the PS4 and let the pre orders begin....?

#56 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

So you have to pay the full price? You can't put a deposit down on Amazon?
<p>194619.pngRecently finished: Battlefield 4, GTA5, Splinter Cell Blacklist, The Last of Us, Army of Two: Devil's Cartel

#57 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

Free year of Live + other bonuses with Day One Edition:

Microsoft Studios unveiled plans to launch the Xbox One console this November at their Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) press conference earlier this evening, and since have gone on to flesh out the details of their rumoured ‘Day One Edition.’ Gamers who purchase a launch system will not only receive special packaging, but other exclusive features including a twelve month Xbox Live Gold membership.

The Xbox One will launch in twenty one markets around the world in November 2013, and every Xbox One system sold will include the new Xbox One console – which features a 500GB hard drive, Blu-ray player and built-in Wi-Fi – the new Kinect, one Xbox One Wireless Controller and a free 14-day trial of Xbox Live Gold for new members. The Xbox One launchxboxone_dayonepackage.jpgbundle will be available for $499.99 in the U.S., £429 (GBP) in the U.K. and €499 (EUR) in European markets. To celebrate the launch of Xbox One, Microsoft is also introducing a limited-edition commemorative bundle to fans who reserve the system at major retailers, available in limited quantities, while supplies last, at no extra cost.

Reserving the commemorative bundle will guarantee that you’ll be able to purchase the new system on day one. Each commemorative bundle will include an Xbox One system that comes in premium black packaging with a limited edition Xbox One Day One wireless controller, as well as a unique commemorative Day One Achievement.

Gamers who reserve the following exclusive Xbox One Day One edition launch titles, available in limited quantities at major retailers while supplies last, will receive special bonus content:

“Ryse: Son of Rome.” Exclusive multiplayer map and sword with bonus attributes.

“Forza Motorsport 5.” Access to four cars tuned to the top of their class.

“Kinect Sports Rivals.” Exclusive sporting equipment that separates your Champion from the rest of the world.

“Dead Rising 3.” Exclusive Frank West and Chuck Greene Tribute Packs with bonus attributes.

For a limited time gamers can also get a Day One 12-month Xbox Live Gold membership and play Killer Instinct: Round One, with the exclusive Shadow Jago character, on Xbox One. Players will also receive a commemorative Day One membership card.

630736.png

#58 ctrain24

ctrain24

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

Anyone know how Amazon handles preorders?  Do they ship orders in order they received them?

#59 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

So you have to pay the full price? You can't put a deposit down on Amazon?

you dont pay anything until it ships.

#60 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

Wait what? You get ALL of that for pre-ordering the one? If so, Microsoft be stepping their game up

Posted ImagePosted Image