Photo
* * * - - 194 votes

Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Xbox One

• Please log in to reply
7983 replies to this topic

#721 B0W and Arrow

B0W and Arrow

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

I have both consoles pre ordered at Amazon. Does anybody know if you get PUR points at GS when buying Amazon gift cards? I'm considering buying the gift cards from GS and using them towards my amazon preorders, thus getting both Amazon prime shipping as well as GS membership points.

You do indeed. For example, a couple weeks ago I got 2,750 points for buying $250 worth of kindle cards.

#722 rs600cubed

rs600cubed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

Can anyone tell me If I had put $120 down on a ps4 at GS but end up deciding to cancel it and use my XB1 order at Amazon will they let me use the credit from my ps4 order to buy Amazon gc's?

#723 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

Can anyone tell me If I had put $120 down on a ps4 at GS but end up deciding to cancel it and use my XB1 order at Amazon will they let me use the credit from my ps4 order to buy Amazon gc's?

I don't see why not.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#724 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

should work that way

Currently playing:

:xb1: : Madden 15, Destiny, NHL 15

Waiting for:

:xb1:FIFA 15, NBA 2k15, and Halo: MCC

#725 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:57 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...ed-by-microsoft

that is great news

#726 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:28 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...ed-by-microsoft

that is great news

Good to hear.

#727 BowersDMSTech

BowersDMSTech

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:44 AM

I noticed in the OP the links at certain sites for 12 month XBL with Killer Instinct.  I don't see a listing on Amazon and I am trying to figure out why?  I order all my stuff through Amazon and I have a day one XBOX one preordered with them.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

#728 Shaniqwa

Shaniqwa

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:57 AM

It's not worth it, it is just a character. Just buy live for $35 when it is on sale. That character cant possibly be worth $25.

#729 Neo

Neo

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:54 AM

That is horrendous news actually.  Now the horrible sound quality of people on the mic will continue.  Well at least I won't sound like garbage to others.  Ever since the Xbox 360 came out the voice has been terrible.  It's my least favorite thing about the Xbox 360, and they were finally fixing it with the Xbox One...until this news.

Last.fm ----- Flickr ----- My Xbox's Blog ----- XBL Profile

#730 BowersDMSTech

BowersDMSTech

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

It's not worth it, it is just a character. Just buy live for $35 when it is on sale. That character cant possibly be worth $25.

I am not wanting it for a character, I am wanting it for the game.  I am confused on how we are to get Killer Instinct.

Is it not included with the 12 month XBL that is said to come with the XBOX ONE DAY ONE console or whatever it is called?

#731 Akridsky

Akridsky

Flipping for dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

I am not wanting it for a character, I am wanting it for the game.  I am confused on how we are to get Killer Instinct.

Is it not included with the 12 month XBL that is said to come with the XBOX ONE DAY ONE console or whatever it is called?

The game is a free download.  You get one free character.  The Day One XBL purchase gets you one extra character.  Jaashuaa's point was to wait for the sale and just buy the extra character.  It would be cheaper.

#732 BowersDMSTech

BowersDMSTech

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

The game is a free download.  You get one free character.  The Day One XBL purchase gets you one extra character.  Jaashuaa's point was to wait for the sale and just buy the extra character.  It would be cheaper.

Oh it's a free download, see I didn't know that and have been having problems trying to find out information about it.

Thanks guys/gals for your help and information on this.

#733 Akridsky

Akridsky

Flipping for dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

Oh it's a free download, see I didn't know that and have been having problems trying to find out information about it.

Thanks guys/gals for your help and information on this.

Basically, it's the freemium model.  You have to pay extra for the full game.

#734 basilofbkrst

basilofbkrst

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

Everyone gets a demo which just has Jango, single player, practice mode, and multiplayer. You can buy the full game from there, or just buy the characters you want. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=eb2EUe2cC0Q

#735 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

I have credit from gift card's on Amazon. I can always order the Xbox One and if I change my mind, cancel it, and have it all refunded, right? Just like any Amazon purchase before it ships

Currently playing:

:xb1: : Madden 15, Destiny, NHL 15

Waiting for:

:xb1:FIFA 15, NBA 2k15, and Halo: MCC

#736 Shaniqwa

Shaniqwa

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

Why not order the xbox and not put the cards on it until after you make a decision to save yourself a headace.

#737 blueweltall

blueweltall

Kill the Batman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

I have credit from gift card's on Amazon. I can always order the Xbox One and if I change my mind, cancel it, and have it all refunded, right? Just like any Amazon purchase before it ships

You get it all refunded back to your account.

#738 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

That is horrendous news actually.  Now the horrible sound quality of people on the mic will continue.  Well at least I won't sound like garbage to others.  Ever since the Xbox 360 came out the voice has been terrible.  It's my least favorite thing about the Xbox 360, and they were finally fixing it with the Xbox One...until this news.

i have turtle beach x12 and i don't sound awful online the adapter is for any head set that worked on 360 not just the cheap 20 doller one

#739 Shaniqwa

Shaniqwa

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

At least we will hear less kinect toilet bowls being used.

#740 gogomo

gogomo

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

So apparently Microsoft did another 180.  New consoles will now include headsets.  LOL.  Someone can't make up their minds....

http://majornelson.c...oxing-xbox-one/

#741 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

Everyone that ordered a headset, cancel now!

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#742 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:42 PM

no way.. thats actually great news if i can cancel it ;) woohoooo

1080i is for douchebags

#743 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

So apparently Microsoft did another 180.  New consoles will now include headsets.  LOL.  Someone can't make up their minds....

http://majornelson.c...oxing-xbox-one/

Can't make up their minds -- or making a wise business move? This is only bad news for the PS4 fanboy, gives them one less thing to rail about.

#744 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

Great news!
Always posting from my iPhone sorry for any formatting issues! :bouncy:

#745 gogomo

gogomo

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

[duplicate post]

#746 gogomo

gogomo

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

Can't make up their minds -- or making a wise business move? This is only bad news for the PS4 fanboy, gives them one less thing to rail about.

Doesn't matter.  Over the past few months, it's clear they made many wrong decisions.  While money-wise this may entice more sales, I think it speaks poorly to the minds and the thinking process at MS.  Who's to say that this same poor track record doesn't extend to their decisions in the hardware, software, or infrastructure-side of things?  Just my 2 cents...

(Before anyone flames, I am not a PS fanboy....yet....)

#747 NJMane

NJMane

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

Anyone else disappointed that they still cannot figure out how to get rid of the damn power brick? The system is gigantic already and they still could not fit it in. On a good note, I am glad to see that they decided to throw in the headset.

*I am still looking forward to getting my Day One Edition.

#748 Maestro

Maestro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

No, you might as well keep it for when the original headset eventually breaks

#749 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

No, you might as well keep it for when the original headset eventually breaks

Yea but that $25 price is overkill.. ill be good with the free packin for a while..

1080i is for douchebags

#750 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

Anyone else disappointed that they still cannot figure out how to get rid of the damn power brick? The system is gigantic already and they still could not fit it in. On a good note, I am glad to see that they decided to throw in the headset.

*I am still looking forward to getting my Day One Edition.

Yes, it is especially annoying when Sony has shown it can be done.

Also, why the hell Microsoft cannot include a built in rechargeable battery in their controller in this day and age, when even Nintendo does this, I have no idea.