Photo
* * * - - 194 votes

Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Xbox One

• Please log in to reply
7983 replies to this topic

#1801 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

That's awesome, Neo! Running at least 2 miles a day is totally do-able too. I run a 5k jog two to three times a week, and bump up the distance on one Saturday or Sunday. I don't have a treadmill so jogging and gaming sounds intense but fun.
  • Neo likes this

Twitch LiveStreams at: www.twitch.tv/wongJP

Extra Life 2014 is coming: http://bit.ly/1nUR6fk

#1802 Chalupa Batman

Chalupa Batman

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

probably wanted to take your preorder

Maybe so...

Can anyone completely confirm that with the preorder card from target I am 100% guaranteed a console on day one.

#1803 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

Maybe so...

Can anyone completely confirm that with the preorder card from target I am 100% guaranteed a console on day one.

Nothing is ever 100%, but the card states that they will hold a system for you for a number of days.
Posted Image

#1804 Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:59 PM

Maybe so...

dont see how anyone could 100% garantee it. if they have 30 preorders that doesnt mean they will all come in. MS might send only like 3-4 because of other areas needing some too

Why save the world, when everything in it is falling apart?
:applause:

#1805 Chalupa Batman

Chalupa Batman

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

My card says 4 of 5 on the back of it. Just trying to decide if I can safely cancel my Amazon Preorder.

#1806 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:22 AM

I'd ask the store manager, he'd know how they're going to handle it at that particular store. However, I would expect that since my store had 10, and others had 20, that individual stores are getting a number of cards based upon how many they are assured of having. I'd think you're safe.
Posted Image

#1807 Neo

Neo

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

Aaron Greenberg has come out and said,

"all Day One pre-orders globally will be fulfilled as planned at launch."

He called this article inaccurate when asked by long-time Xbox community leader Godfree:

http://www.gottabemo...slip-retailers/

https://twitter.com/...2088192/photo/1

Last.fm ----- Flickr ----- Collection ----- XBL Profile

#1808 Jaashuaa

Jaashuaa

Jeep! Jeep!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

Well I hope everyone preordered a day one edition.
  • Neo likes this

518815.png

#1809 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

Well I hope everyone preordered a day one edition.

I preordered the day two edition. Am I screwed?

:)

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#1810 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

I preordered the day two edition. Am I screwed?

:)

lucky that's the edition i wanted. but for real i really want a xbox one at launch but it kind of sucks they put a day one stamp on the controller it self don't understand why they had to do that.

#1811 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

lucky that's the edition i wanted. but for real i really want a xbox one at launch but it kind of sucks they put a day one stamp on the controller it self don't understand why they had to do that.

so why don't you order the standard off Amazon?

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#1812 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

I've never really gotten a straight answer to this.

Does Best Buy have a que system for instore pre orders?  Can they tell who reserved before others?

seanr1221.png

#1813 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

I don't think so. I they just see the persons reserve date.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#1814 leung19

leung19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

i pre-ordered from walmart.... what does it come with the pre-order from walmart??

Check out my Trade List!!!!
http://www.cheapassg...858#post4458858

#1815 ThirdFall

ThirdFall

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

Anybody preordered the standard edition from Amazon?

#1816 david0820

david0820

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Anybody preordered the standard edition from Amazon?

i did . I have no idea when I'll be getting it . Hope it's close to the launch date :/

#1817 ThirdFall

ThirdFall

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

I hope so too, I got it on preorder.

#1818 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

Found a target 20 miles from my house with one card left. Just went and picked it up. I have had one preordered since June. 10 from Amazon but on Tuesday they started charging tax in my state so I am gonna cancel there because I have a red card.

This Target card absolutely guarantees me a console day one nov 22 correct? Just want to absolutely make sure before I cancel my Amazon preorder.

On another note, the dude at target did everything he possibly could to talk me out of the X1. He said that PS4 just announced 8 new exclusives this week and that the X1 was basically a 360 with a new case and that it didn't even have any new parts inside. He also said that it would never do 3D gaming. He tried a third time to tell me that the PS4 had awesome tv integration and could stream old games. So shocked he didn't talk about DRM too. I told him 5 times I wanted the X1 but apparently it was his civic duty to absolutely make sure that I was sure. Ridiculous.

Anyway happy to have a day one edition reserved again haha

There's a girl that works in electronics at a local walmart, that I know only from just random chit chat with her, that stopped me the other day asking if I was still getting skylanders stuff.  Told her no, not right now, just bought some disney things though.  Then she asked about the xbox one, and what I was getting.  I told her both, and she went off on a rant about how the xbox one would only let you play new games, always had to be online, and it was leading to the death of gamestop blah blah.  I really didn't have the time or heart to tell her she was wrong, so just kinda let it lie.  But that goes to show you how informed average retail workers are.

#1819 MykelxKnight

MykelxKnight

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

I've never really gotten a straight answer to this.

Does Best Buy have a que system for instore pre orders?  Can they tell who reserved before others?

From what I was told at my bestbuy yesterday is they do have a list.  Whoever pre ordered first will be getting a guaranteed console.  The person I was talking to told me they dont know how many console they will be receiving either microsoft hasnt informed them of anything and wont until its closer to time

Check me out on Twitch and YouTube!

http://youtube.com/yungfab22

#1820 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:19 AM

Paid off my Day One edition at GameStop today! Also pre-ordered Battlefield 4.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#1821 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:57 AM

My console is half way paid off now. 

I am debating on doing the upgrade program with Battlefield or just wait for the Next-Gen release... I think I will cave and buy both that and Ghosts on release and on Nov 22 haha

How about all of you guys?

#1822 Neo

Neo

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

I'm not buying anything until next-gen.  GTA V has me set.

Last.fm ----- Flickr ----- Collection ----- XBL Profile

#1823 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

I'm not buying anything until next-gen. GTA V has me set.

Same here.
  • Neo likes this

518793.png

#1824 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

Its not hard to wait till next gen with 360 considering i don't think they have anything coming out thats not going to be one Xbox One

• Neo likes this

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#1825 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

GTA V:Online and BF 4 beta. I'm set lol.

518793.png

#1826 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

i still have not decided if im getting bf4 for x1 or pc leaning towards pc but im onlygetting ghost for 360 seeing the people i play cod with is not getting x1 at launch. so i might want a shooter on x1 decisions decisions.

#1827 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

From what I was told at my bestbuy yesterday is they do have a list. Whoever pre ordered first will be getting a guaranteed console. The person I was talking to told me they dont know how many console they will be receiving either microsoft hasnt informed them of anything and wont until its closer to time

That's what the one employee told me. I have to be pretty high on the list. I reserved the day they reversed the policies.

seanr1221.png

#1828 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

does that mean if you pre order in store or even on their website. I think it would make alot of people up set that order on their website for instore pick up which i did and was told i would be getting it on 11/22.

#1829 crashnburn69

crashnburn69

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

Its not hard to wait till next gen with 360 considering i don't think they have anything coming out thats not going to be one Xbox One

Batman Arkham Origins

#1830 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

Batman Arkham Origins

Batman Arkham Origins

Fable Anniversary

Dark Souls 2

Lords of Shadow 2

All games so far that I really want that aren't getting a next gen version yet.

Lots of X1 games that won't be on the 360 of course. To me Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Crimson Dragon and KI are must haves as long as they review well. Everything else not so much.

Back on topic: If you can't find X1's try Target and Wal-Mart pre-orders still. They should be taking them till they run out. I haven't heard on the final date to pre-order yet but I'd imagine soon.