Photo
* * * * - 139 votes

PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

ps4 pre-orders better gaming all in one playstation 4 amazon walmart newegg bestbuy

• Please log in to reply
8604 replies to this topic

#8521 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

Just to add my experience, I bought a non pre-order PS4 from GS at midnight. The controller had the rectangles, no circles. Running strong (for now)

#8522 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:59 AM

I think my PS4 and maybe Xbox One will be going to my cousin  for Christmas. His dad usually wants to get him everything and I'm just not feeling it yet. I played with the one in Gamestop the other day and I wasn't really that impressed. The only things I want to play are Contrast and that game coming out by the folks who made Bastion.

#8523 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:41 AM

One of the most noticeable packaging differences was with the controller. On the broken one it had a large rectangular piece of plastic over the buttons and d-pad. The replacement has form-fitting circle's with cut out locations for the buttons and d-pad. I found it very odd that in the matter of a weeks that the consoles was packaged differently.

Team rectangle here, no problems at all. I got it from Amazon, quick question, where was yours made? It should tell you on the bottom of the console.

#8524 samaside

samaside

nerdophiles.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:31 AM

There's nothing quite like playing Need for Speed: Rivals when you know you're over the legal limit. I went to a wet seminar tonight and afterward blew a .083 in the DUI van. (A wet seminar is a course put on by the local police department to show law enforcement officials what it really takes to blow a .08 and get above the limit so, no, I wasn't arrested for DUI.) I wish my Origin account was working so ya'll could experience this.

#8525 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:03 AM

My amazon unit had the form fitting circles with the blue playstation seal. That unit malfunctioned afterwards. The replacement I received at the sony store had a clear seal and the rectangular tapes over the controller buttons.

By any chance were your box seals different?

Nope. Both blue Sony seals

#8526 io

io

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

I think my PS4 and maybe Xbox One will be going to my cousin  for Christmas. His dad usually wants to get him everything and I'm just not feeling it yet. I played with the one in Gamestop the other day and I wasn't really that impressed. The only things I want to play are Contrast and that game coming out by the folks who made Bastion.

Contrast is a nice game and better, I think, than most of the reviews indicate. However, you can finish it in one setting and get all the trophies either then or with a little post-play mop-up. It pretty much has no replay value. So definitely don't get a PS4 just for that - but it is a nice bonus and I'm counting on something every month from PS+ so that's my main reason once I finish up Knack and get my fill of NBA 2K14.

#8527 Daring

Daring

Wing Chun KungFu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:20 AM

PS Plus 7 day trial: 2D6B-P8NR-92JJ

PS Plus 7 day trial: 4A86-FTNH-GR4B

30 Day PS Plus trail: 84B8-7ANB-95PR

Muisc Unlimited 30 day trial: FM6J-7RNE-75EB

Please update if/when you have have claim the 2 30 day trial so others wont waste their time 

#8528 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:27 AM

PS Plus 7 day trial: 2D6B-P8NR-92JJ

PS Plus 7 day trial: 4A86-FTNH-GR4B

30 Day PS Plus trail: 84B8-7ANB-95PR

Muisc Unlimited 30 day trial: FM6J-7RNE-75EB

Please update if/when you have have claim the 2 30 day trial so others wont waste their time 

Used 30 day plus. 

Thanks!

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#8529 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:40 AM

Last year, launch day Wii U had no hdmi issues. Last week, launch day ps4 had no hdmi or HDD issues. Today, launch day xbox one has no disc drive errors. I'm officially 3/3 for the next gen without any defective units. Man...I'm relieved.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#8530 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:57 AM

Wait, why does WiiU need HDMI with those last gen graphics?

tn_rage-faces-irl.jpg?9d7bd4

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#8531 lonestarranger

lonestarranger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

Dang it. Looks like TRU gave away their non-picked pre-orders for the PS4 today. Anybody got some (B&M only)?

I'm hearing BestBuy is going to do the same tomorrow. If you want one, have to camp out before opening time tmrw.

#8532 Nigerian Prince

Nigerian Prince

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

Dang it. Looks like TRU gave away their non-picked pre-orders for the PS4 today. Anybody got some (B&M only)?

I'm hearing BestBuy is going to do the same tomorrow. If you want one, have to camp out before opening time tmrw.

My store has 7 in stock to sell tomorrow but they are ticketed items which means you must get in line and get a ticket to be guaranteed to buy one. I THINK you also have to be a My Best Buy Elite member

fs_overall.png

#8533 billycuth

billycuth

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

still freaking waiting on Walmart to get its act together with the holiday preorder for PS4.  pissing me off.

#8534 lonestarranger

lonestarranger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

My store has 7 in stock to sell tomorrow but they are ticketed items which means you must get in line and get a ticket to be guaranteed to buy one. I THINK you also have to be a My Best Buy Elite member

Source on the Elite member part?

#8535 Nigerian Prince

Nigerian Prince

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

Source on the Elite member part?

My manager. The early shopping event is for elite members only

fs_overall.png

#8536 jmptrck

jmptrck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:25 AM

According to JoyStig the PS4 and Xbox one will be available at ToysRus at 12:01 AM EST tonight. Good Luck

#8537 vikasbpai

vikasbpai

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

Anyone looking for the Xbox One, the console is currently available on Amazon with prime shipping.

The PS4 was available till few minutes back but got sold out before I could think over whether I should get one now or just wait :)

Xbox ONe (Amazon): http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top

#8538 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:32 AM

Still havent bought warranty for my launch ps4. Is it worth it for launch units? My ps3 is still running strong after all these years but it wasnt the launch one. I didnt buy warranty for that. Is it really worth it?

#8539 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

It all depends.  I always buy a warranty on launch units anymore.  The 360 pushed me over the edge.  IMO it's better to have a console warranty for 3 years because most of the actual problems with the systems shake out in the first year or two.  It's too soon to tell if it'll be "worth it" from a product perspective.  But I also buy First Party warranties because I'm inherently skeptical about side warranty groups.

#8540 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

OK, OT and gonna troll for a second but poster child for Xbox fans? :lol:

5583243-large.jpg

This guy in the UK paid £450 for what he's holding up.  The ebay description did not mislead, but the dude dismissed it anyway since it was listed under videogames.  He was also a father at age 15; you just can't make this shit up. :dunce:

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#8541 jmptrck

jmptrck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

Still havent bought warranty for my launch ps4. Is it worth it for launch units? My ps3 is still running strong after all these years but it wasnt the launch one. I didnt buy warranty for that. Is it really worth it?

SquareTrade offers very affordable warranties. I would recommend it. My Launch PS3 died after 18 months. My super Slim died in October and with my SquareTrade Warranty I got a $279.99 gift card for Amazon. Waiting for them to stock more PS4's right now so I can upgrade.

SquareTrade will either fix your item or send you a check or amazon gift card if something is wrong. $79.99 for a 3 year warranty that covers drops and spills. If you like them on Facebook they often put out codes for big discounts. Cyber Monday they had coupons for 45% off a warranty. 

Good Luck!

#8542 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

This guy in the UK paid £450 for what he's holding up.  The ebay description did not mislead, but the dude dismissed it anyway since it was listed under videogames.  He was also a father at age 15; you just can't make this shit up. :dunce:

Link to original auction? If its listed under wrong category, I would say he has a case. If it was listed under Photographs or something like that, then that's a different story =]

#8543 bestkeeper14

bestkeeper14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

Link to original auction? If its listed under wrong category, I would say he has a case. If it was listed under Photographs or something like that, then that's a different story =]

Like the article says, it was listed under consoles, Ebay has already said they would refund, it was just funny that someone bought it...

russdornisch.png

russdornisch.png

#8544 billycuth

billycuth

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

Like the article says, it was listed under consoles, Ebay has already said they would refund, it was just funny that someone bought it...

Funny or not, people are assholes.

They do it because someone is bound to eff up and buy something that is not what they thought.  It's the lowest form of douchebaggery out there.

#8545 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

It was under the wrong category for the actual item, but it was listed as a photo.  I think he should have to eat it as a life lesson personally.  Don't be stupid next time and question the seller what "photo" means.  A fool and their money. . .

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#8546 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:24 AM

Buying as a present for his 4 year old son? What?

#8547 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

Funny or not, people are assholes.

They do it because someone is bound to eff up and buy something that is not what they thought. It's the lowest form of douchebaggery out there.

It is douchey I agree but not completely dishonest either.  The seller described it as a photo in his listing anyway.  If he was a pro at this, he would have used another category so he was still honest in his somewhat dishonest intentions.  With the way searches under eBay work, I'm pretty sure the buyer would have come across the Xbox One listing anyway had he used photos as his category.  The buyer apparently is lacking a lot of fundamentals yet he's already raising a 4 year old .... pretty sad.

I went into GS yesterday and an employee was telling me how a seller on craigslist came in and asked to use one of their power outlets to show his buyer that his PS4 was working.  Needless to say, she denied him and told him to leave. The audacity of some people lol.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Destiny

:360: Gears of War 3

#8548 billycuth

billycuth

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

It is douchey I agree but not completely dishonest either.  The seller described it as a photo in his listing anyway.  If he was a pro at this, he would have used another category so he was still honest in his somewhat dishonest intentions.  With the way searches under eBay work, I'm pretty sure the buyer would have come across the Xbox One listing anyway had he used photos as his category.  The buyer apparently is lacking a lot of fundamentals yet he's already raising a 4 year old .... pretty sad.

I went into GS yesterday and an employee was telling me how a seller on craigslist came in and asked to use one of their power outlets to show his buyer that his PS4 was working.  Needless to say, she denied him and told him to leave. The audacity of some people lol.

When you post an auction for a picture of an item, with a price tag that is similar to the actual product, you are intentionally being dishonest with the hopes that someone like this guy will come along and jump at it.

I saw a similar auction for a picture sitting at $499.99 with minutes left and wondered why it was still there when others were going for hundreds more.  And then it hit me.

But if I was really interested in the product, and had to have it, I might have jumped at it too.  The thing with eBay is it is very easy to forget to read the details

Is it a good life lesson for this guy?  Absolutely.  Should he lose $750 equivalent in GBP currency for the mistake?  Absolutely not.

#8549 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

Amazon has PS4s in stock as of right now.

#8550 Mr_Durrp

Mr_Durrp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:42 PM

I went to Gamestop and they had over 10 in stock. You may want to look, if you are in need. I'm sure because of the snowmageddon here nobody knew they were there yet.