Photo
* * * * - 139 votes

PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

ps4 pre-orders better gaming all in one playstation 4 amazon walmart newegg bestbuy

• Please log in to reply
8604 replies to this topic

#2401 GalvatronType_R

GalvatronType_R

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:22 AM

For some reason, I have a hunch that PS4 will be readily available in December in NA.

If so, some people will feel really foolish, especially those who will pay thousands on ebay in November.

657041.png

#2402 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

with these bundles coming out it shows these things will not be hard to find after launch and people like mr focus will still think thye will be hard to find.

This will be the wii u launch all over again people find out these things are not selling for couple grand and then return the systems to the stores which means more in stock for people that really want a system. I think it's sick for someone to buy 3-4 systems at launch just to make money when those systems could have been sold at msrp to people that really want those systems. 

Welcome to America. its not really sick, just capitalism. But then again I guess that could be debatable.

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#2403 MrFocus

MrFocus

Money never sleeps!

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:47 AM

with these bundles coming out it shows these things will not be hard to find after launch and people like mr focus will still think thye will be hard to find.

This will be the wii u launch all over again people find out these things are not selling for couple grand and then return the systems to the stores which means more in stock for people that really want a system. I think it's sick for someone to buy 3-4 systems at launch just to make money when those systems could have been sold at msrp to people that really want those systems. 

3-4 systems, meh! I'm poised to secure 30-35 systems. It's going to cost me an extra $900 to grease some palms but no one said pimpin was easy. :D/

For some reason, I have a hunch that PS4 will be readily available in December in NA.

If so, some people will feel really foolish, especially those who will pay thousands on ebay in November.

Hey listen here cowboy! You can rag on me all you like, defame my character, question my morals but DO NOT insult my customers! :shame:

#2404 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:49 AM

either this guy is trolling or just a idiot. if someone could afford to buy 30-40 systems why would he even waste his time making extra couple hundred bucks.

his profile being made on 15t his pointing to trolling

#2405 whodoneit

whodoneit

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

he's obviously joking.

#2406 thagoat

thagoat

bundles are craptacular!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

either this guy is trolling or just a idiot. if someone could afford to buy 30-40 systems why would he even waste his time making extra couple hundred bucks.

Kind sir, he probably isn't using his own money (might be using credit cards).  Therefore he can flip them and payoff any credit debt within 30 days without paying any interest.  Most preorders don't charge your card until it ships.

This is what I do.

I usually sign up for a card with good rewards to reap all the benefits of this magical time of the year.

#2407 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

Kind sir, he probably isn't using his own money (might be using credit cards).  Therefore he can flip them and payoff any credit debt within 30 days without paying any interest.  Most preorders don't charge your card until it ships.

This is what I do.

I usually sign up for a card with good rewards to reap all the benefits of this magical time of the year.

30 ps4s after tax would be well over 10 k lol 

#2408 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:10 AM

Target just released this bundle about 2 hrs ago.

http://m.target.com/...-4/-/A-14887506

Doesn't even come with the eye? Rip off for the ages. 

#2409 JamesKelly09

JamesKelly09

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

Guys some people do actually buy tons of extra consoles to over-sell or give to family members. I know one of my friends has already pre-order 5 PS4 from different stores and plans to over sell them to make money on Ebay and Craigslist . I kinda feel bad for the people who just want to play games and enjoy the console themselves and don't actually get one.

#2410 MrFocus

MrFocus

Money never sleeps!

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:34 AM

I'm definitely not trolling. Surely you'd agree when making an substantial investment or taking on a fair amount of risk one should equip themselves with as much information as possible... hence my recent interest in gaming community sites. (9/15)

he's obviously joking.

No joke. Just waiting on confirmation of local store inventory levels and distribution time frames. I should have this info by November 1st?

This is what I do.

That's a smart way to leverage your money and take advantage of reward programs. My 'next-gen launch' venture will be personally funded.

30 ps4s after tax would be well over 10 k lol 

$12,720 - $14,840 to be exact... give or take $0.30 - $0.35 (plus $900 to grease palms and an average of $30 per system for shipping cost).

#2411 Shaniqwa

Shaniqwa

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

Guys some people do actually buy tons of extra consoles to over-sell or give to family members. I know one of my friends has already pre-order 5 PS4 from different stores and plans to over sell them to make money on Ebay and Craigslist . I kinda feel bad for the people who just want to play games and enjoy the console themselves and don't actually get one.

I dont theyve had months to preorder.

#2412 MrFocus

MrFocus

Money never sleeps!

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:55 AM

if someone could afford to buy 30-40 systems why would he even waste his time making extra couple hundred bucks.

I'm aiming at a much higher profit margin but I'll entertain your guess of, "...couple hundred bucks."

30 x $200 = $6,000 ROI; initial investment of $12,720... 47% return... 10-14 days. Please explain to me how that is a waste of time? :-k

Gentlemen, if you can conceive flipping 3 systems then I challenge you to stretch your imagination and add a zero.

#2413 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

Header1.jpg

#2414 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

These things will be readily available. Enough will be made to meet demand. You won't make any money flipping. You will fail miserably and I will laugh my ass off.

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#2415 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

These things will be readily available. Enough will be made to meet demand. You won't make any money flipping. You will fail miserably and I will laugh my ass off.

then he'll come back and laugh and say the jokes on you for believing it.

#2416 MrFocus

MrFocus

Money never sleeps!

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:12 AM

My reply to this type of stance is always the same but this time around I'm going to play along. Please share with everyone this vast knowledge you have or uncanny foresight you possess to foresee this abundance of consoles that will meet demand. Surely you're not assuming as you disregard the history of prior gaming launches. Please go right ahead... the floor is yours.  :shock:   

then he'll come back and laugh and say the jokes on you for believing it.

Nope! I've been open and honest thus far. There's a chance for success and a chance for failure. As always I try to maximize one while defending myself from the other. I'll share my results no matter what.

#2417 cyrus102

cyrus102

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:16 AM

Target just released this bundle about 2 hrs ago.

http://m.target.com/...-4/-/A-14887506

Wtf is that bundle its like 40 dollars too expensive and doesn't come with the eye wtf.

#2418 seanmcc

seanmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

Going off of the write-up Nikkei had a while back, it seems like Sony was out in front and starting having all the components delivered for assembly a while ago.There are retail units out now, and Nikkei estimated they could be assembling over 1M/mo.

Combined with the simple die/generous yeild probability of the processor(s) compared to the ESRAM design or CELL BBE, and less specialized overall hardware architecture compared to previous generations, I don't forsee they supply constraints being as severe as they were the previous generation.

#2419 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

Most retailers including my company have been told by Sony that we should not expect giant shortage on these systems.

#2420 jle7385

jle7385

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

My reply to this type of stance is always the same but this time around I'm going to play along. Please share with everyone this vast knowledge you have or uncanny foresight you possess to foresee this abundance of consoles that will meet demand. Surely you're not assuming as you disregard the history of prior gaming launches. Please go right ahead... the floor is yours. :shock:

Nope! I've been open and honest thus far. There's a chance for success and a chance for failure. As always I try to maximize one while defending myself from the other. I'll share my results no matter what.

Here you go, Try this community:
http://slickdeals.net/

603171.png

none4johnny.png

#2421 MrFocus

MrFocus

Money never sleeps!

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

Here you go, Try this community:
http://slickdeals.net/

Awww thank you!

One good turn deserves another:

http://www.retailmenot.com/

Featured "limited time" coupon >>> Redbox code: DVDNIGHT

#2422 theeipi

theeipi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

i'm pretty sure if anyone here was told about a STOCK with the potential to double or triple, and that downside was limited because if it didn't double or triple in 30 days you could sell the stock back for what you paid, people would be jumping all over it to buy as much as they could.

Flipping consoles has unlimited upside and zero downside apart from occasionally eating a shipping cost.  That's why people do it.

e^(ipi) = -1

#2423 paulwekiva

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

I'm aiming at a much higher profit margin but I'll entertain your guess of, "...couple hundred bucks."

30 x $200 = $6,000 ROI; initial investment of $12,720... 47% return... 10-14 days. Please explain to me how that is a waste of time? :-k

Gentlemen, if you can conceive flipping 3 systems then I challenge you to stretch your imagination and add a zero.

#2424 paulwekiva

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

If you seriously paid $900 to secure systems + $30 shipping per console and the demand is not there you stand to lose a lot of money. There were ways you could have secured that amount of consoles with NO financial risk. This is not your best move. Also, out of the last 4 console releases only 2 were profitable. Wii and 360 (unless you sold your PS3 the first day). PS3 and Wii U were busts. You may make a ton of money, but based on the amount of preorders available, the fact that they keep making MORE available, and the statements coming from Sony( not so much Microsoft), this may not be a good flipping year.

#2425 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

Amazon screwed up my PS4 pre-order (long story, but at least I got over $200 store credit due to their mistake). Anyway, the customer service person I was speaking to said that they were going to start taking orders again first/second week of October. 

#2426 fyahbwoy

fyahbwoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

Amazon screwed up my PS4 pre-order (long story, but at least I got over $200 store credit due to their mistake). Anyway, the customer service person I was speaking to said that they were going to start taking orders again first/second week of October.

did they cancel your order?

#2427 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

Time to stack up on Kindle gift cards from BestBuy. Thanks. 

#2428 cyrus102

cyrus102

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

Is this bundle just priced wrong or are they actually trying to screw over people? http://www.target.co...term=ps4 bundle

#2429 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

Is this bundle just priced wrong or are they actually trying to screw over people? http://www.target.co...term=ps4 bundle

I think it's a mistake.  Compare it to this one, which has the camera for the exact same price:

http://www.target.co...m_1_31&term=ps4

They either accidentally created a whole new bundle and left out the camera, or the bundle that doesn't have a camera was mistakenly priced as the one with a camera.

#2430 MrFocus

MrFocus

Money never sleeps!

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

If you seriously paid $900 to secure systems + $30 shipping per console and the demand is not there you stand to lose a lot of money. There were ways you could have secured that amount of consoles with NO financial risk. This is not your best move. Also, out of the last 4 console releases only 2 were profitable. Wii and 360 (unless you sold your PS3 the first day). PS3 and Wii U were busts. You may make a ton of money, but based on the amount of preorders available, the fact that they keep making MORE available, and the statements coming from Sony( not so much Microsoft), this may not be a good flipping year.

The $900 won't be paid until 11/14. $30 shipping per console is the only remaining upfront cost to ship the consoles as I sell them on eBay. I'm waiting on some detail info that will help me gauge the market and odds of success before making the investment. Please share or inbox me on how I could've secured 30+ consoles without any risk? The route I chose won't cost me a dime until 11/14 9pm EST. Another way of looking at it; I have an OPTION, with an intrinsic value of $900, to purchase 30-35 consoles. If I exercise the OPTION it will cost me $900 plus cost of the consoles. If I decide to pass on the PS4 I can let the OPTION expire worthless with zero cost to me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ps4, pre-orders, better, gaming, all in one, playstation 4, amazon, walmart, newegg, bestbuy