New Super Mario Bros. U ($32), Lego City: Undercover ($31) - Target

macschwag14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
75 (100%)
Sorry if this has been posted as part of another thread. Wii U deals seem few and far between. 

Target has an instant $10 off any game priced $39.99 or more if you purchase a $1 reservation card for an upcoming game. It currently has Lego City: Undercover for $49.99 and New Super Mario Bros. U for $59.99. 

Target will price match Amazon, which currently has New Super Mario Bros. U [amazon.com] for $41.97 and Lego City: Undercover [amazon.com] for $39.99. Buying one of the $1 reservation cards will take an addition $10 off Target's price matched price with Amazon. This makes Lego City: Undercover $31 (includes the reservation card) and New Super Mario Bros. U $33 (includes the reservation card). 

I was contemplating whether or not to rebuy NSMBU so that I can get the Luigi U DLC.  I might go this route as opposed to waiting for the retail edition.  Thanks, OP.

Tempting, but I already used up June's gaming budget on Animal Crossing.

Not to mention I don't really do the whole pre-order/reservation thing, so I'd hate to start now.

Not to mention I don't really do the whole pre-order/reservation thing, so I'd hate to start now.
You pay $1 for the reservation card to save $10. You're not obligated to actually pick up the game. They don't ask for a name or phone # at Target when you preorder.

Last edited by a moderator:

You pay $1 for the reservation card to save $10. You're not obligated to actually pick up the game. They don't ask for a name or phone # at Target when you preorder.
Then...wait, why is there even a pre-order system then if you're not "in the system" as a copy reserved?

It seems to be the most casual pre-order system, basically saying X number of people said they wanted this game so we'll make sure we have X number of copies when it arrives in our store. Then it's first come, first served. 

I have no intent on pre-ordering/buying the two games I picked up a card for. This is more like paying a $1 for a $10 off coupon (or getting $9 free if you want to get really technical). 

they put the same number of copies preordered to the side for a week and all you have to do it pick it up is bring the card you bought to preorder the game.

You can do it with any game $39.99 or more. Spend $1 on the reserve card, get $10 off. So it's pretty much like getting a free $9 off.

Bit on this on Saturday, picking up Lego City for $30.99.

Unfortunately when I got home I noticed the case had gotten a hole poked through it, but the disc is fine. Oh well, it was the last copy anyway.

I picked out Disney Infinity as my preorder title, and I dunno, I might end up picking it up since there's a free figure & disc offer on the card. (I wonder how that works, gonna have to do my research.)

bread's done
Back