EA Origin Storewide Sale: BF3 PC download $5 plus other deals

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
EA Origin has a store-wide sale until June 19th:

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/html/pbPage.origin-deals

Some decent deals but the best one seems to be BF3 for PC for $5 (BF3 Premium is $20).

You can also get the Close Quarters expansion pack for free this week with code BF3E3 - thanks Fox!

From http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/06/bf3-e3-2013-fan-celebration/

Battlefield 3 Close Quarters at no cost
What: The expansion pack Battlefield 3 Close Quarters is set to 0 cost during E3
Eligible players: Owners of Battlefield 3 that do not own the expansion pack in question or Battlefield 3 Premium
Platforms: All (PC, X360, PS3)
Start date: June 10
End date: June 18/19 depending on region and platform — get it now!
Where: Available starting June 10 in your in-game store (on consoles) or via Origin for PC.

In your Origin app, enter the “Redeem Code” menu and enter this code: BF3E3
This will allow you to download Close Quarters at no cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been waiting for this to drop to 5 bucks for the longest time. Haven't really played an army shooter since BC2. Is it worth the nab if I want the premium edition? I feel like I'd be content with just the base game but from what I've heard it gives you a big advantage in multiplayer, good thing if I end up getting into it.

not sure how to get close quarters for pc version,  i already own bf3. i tried adding close quarters to cart and applying code but says invalid code

i figured it out,  had to go into the origin client and click on the redeem product code,  then entered code and got close quarters  :)

thx to the person that mentioned it in this thread,  forgot about it

Been waiting for this to drop to 5 bucks for the longest time. Haven't really played an army shooter since BC2. Is it worth the nab if I want the premium edition? I feel like I'd be content with just the base game but from what I've heard it gives you a big advantage in multiplayer, good thing if I end up getting into it.
The major advantages are basically all weapons/vehicles unlocked and preferred joining status for servers. One of the best overall weapons is M16a3 which is your starter weapon for the Assault class. Get premium if you think you'll play this game a long time. The base game and close quarters for free should good enough for a casual player. Plus remember that BF4 will be released in October too.

Are you sure you guys aren't confusing BF3 Premium (Upgrade) for $14.99 with BF3 Premium Edition (Base Game AND Upgrade) for $19.99?

The $14.99 requires you already own the base game. 

I think your thinking of the shortcut pack. The premium edition gives you all the DLC map packs, which IMHO add a ton of great variation to the maps. I dont think you really get any advantage in multiplayer but it gives you alot more games to choose from.

The shortcut pack is the one that gives you some weapons and vehicles for each class, and even then it doesnt give you the good weapons, you still have to work for those, so its really not worth it

Is BF3 solid on the single player side? Is there still a multi community?
The SP in BF3 really apes that want to be cinematic style of COD, it's OK but really an after thought. The Co-Op missions are actually pretty neat but there's only 6 or 7 of those. For MP there's a ton of people playing it on all platforms but PC the greatest. Any time of day you'll have hundreds of servers on the PC with people playing. My friends and I have been playing an hour or two almost every night since launch.

Is there anyway to get Premium cheaper for PS3? I'm a day 1 owner, and a battlefield fanatic, but I felt so screwed over by premium I could never bring myself to buy it. I own BF3 on PS3 and PC, but with BF4 around the corner it seems almost pointless to buy premium now, escpecially since all the content is out.

Thanks OP, grabbed Dead Space 3 for $20 (yeah, it'll probably be cheaper on Black Friday but still..)

Anyone have any opinions on the Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe upgrade?  I have the base game chilling in the backlog, but the dog and 'From Ashes' DLC seem legit.

Grabbed BF3 for $5 with the free CQ DLC. I hate the huge open maps so I might actually be able to get into the game on the CQC maps.

Is there anyway to get Premium cheaper for PS3? I'm a day 1 owner, and a battlefield fanatic, but I felt so screwed over by premium I could never bring myself to buy it. I own BF3 on PS3 and PC, but with BF4 around the corner it seems almost pointless to buy premium now, escpecially since all the content is out.
Premium wasn't perfect, a couple of the packs were let downs, but as a whole I thought it was entirely worth it and brought enough variety and reasons to keep playing that what started as a skeptical purchase to keep playing with my friends turned into one of the best bang for my buck purchases ever. Especially when you compare what it got you compared to how most other games, I'm looking at you COD, approach DLC. Now, I probably wouldn't buy it at this point for very much if you were going to be a day 1 BF4 purchaser but when it's available for BF4 I'll be a day one Premium purchaser.

I would sure love to get this, but the regional pricing strikes again. Unlike Steam, which gives me the US price since I have a US address and a US credit card, Origin bases the price on the location of my IP address (which is in New Zealand). So instead of getting BF3 for $5, I can get it for the even better deal of $30! Thanks EA!

I would sure love to get this, but the regional pricing strikes again. Unlike Steam, which gives me the US price since I have a US address and a US credit card, Origin bases the price on the location of my IP address (which is in New Zealand). So instead of getting BF3 for $5, I can get it for the even better deal of $30! Thanks EA!
I would suggest trying a simple port forward but EA's been known to crack down on people buying from other regions hard.

Yep, that's why I was saying I wouldn't suggest it with Origin.  They got burned on some deal, can't remember what it was now, with Honk Kong I believe and a brand new game going for a couple dollars US and then they went even more insane.

Yeah a friend suggested I do something like that as well, but I'm not going to risk it. With BF4 coming out, I assume it'll be $5 again before too long. Though it would have been nice to get in on this deal and get the Close Quarters DLC for free.

I'm having some stupid directx problem with the game that causes fairly frequent crashing. I did some googling and it looks like a lot of people with many different graphics cards (both NVIDIA and ATI) have this problem; there doesn't seem to be a real solution. I'm glad to be back into PC gaming, but it's stupid crap like that that makes me glad that the new consoles are coming out, so I won't really need to go buy games on PC anymore.

bread's done
Back