Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Amazon: Trade in $10 worth of games get $10 bonus credit for preorders Update! Works on Blu Rays and Dvds

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#31 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

I'll probably be trading in Tales of Graces F for Tales of Xillia. Hated Graces, but have already tried Xillia at my friend's (who imported it) and loved the gameplay much more. Heard the story was on par with Symphonia too. 

Although I haven't traded in any games with Amazon before. Do they handle things well? I've heard of some cases in which people who traded in their games experienced some missing disc problems. 

Also, can you send in two games and get $20 for a pre-order bonus? I might send in Far Cry 3 as well. Graces F : $21 +$10 bonus and FC3 - $10 + $10 bonus = $51? yes or no? 

Well I would assume you could only apply one $10 bonus to each preorder, provided you even got two of the bonuses.  Not sure how that's going to work exactly and you'd definitely have to do them as separate trades.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#32 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

Edit: User question answered 

#33 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

Although I haven't traded in any games with Amazon before. Do they handle things well? 

I've traded in a ton of games and only ever had one problem-- they docked me down to Acceptable for Medal of Honor: Warfighter because the manual was missing, even though that game didn't come with a manual. Someone in another thread had a great idea, to slip in a note saying "This game did not include a manual," since a lot of newer games don't.

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#34 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

my copy of MOH warfighter came with a piece of paper folded in 3 pieces and on the front of it, it said: MANUAL AVAILABLE ONLINE

Posted Image

#35 chinitoX

chinitoX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

I saw this under the terms and conditions: If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, the discount will not apply.  I contacted customer service since the qualifying pre-order I made was on May 9th, but the customer service guy i chatted with said that it wouldn't be a problem.

#36 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

Too bad it looks like it doesn't work for the CE of saints row 4

LOL

MY BRAND!

(referring to your signature)

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#37 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

LMAO. You can preorder the Last Guardian for 10 dollars off!

That game is vaporware at this point....

#38 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

I took advantage of this offer... they don't have a huge selection, but there are several of the PS4 games I'm interested in, so why not :) Definitely not as good as $20 last month ;)

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#39 graf1k

graf1k

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Thanks OP, this worked out pretty well for me. I know I want at least one PS4 launch window game (Watch Dogs) and since X-Com: Enemy Unknown just got added to PS+, I'm trading in my copy for the $14 + 10 bonus which ends up being more than I paid for the game, and I still technically get to keep it. 

#40 sgand

sgand

Aim for the flat top

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

Why isn't Ghosts listed for PS4? It's on there for everything else except the system I want to pre-order it for.

Sly Cooper Thieves In Time PS3 resell $1

I can turn your Paypal into Amazon | Steelbooks B2G1 | Blu-ray Slipcovers

http://www.cheapassg...ore/?p=10212991

#41 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

Not very exciting but I picked up a copy of MLB 2k12 for $13.xx at Target last night, will trade in for $10.75+$10 bonus. Will use towards GTA V I expect.

Garrus_Lannister.png

#42 sgand

sgand

Aim for the flat top

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

I chatted with CS about Ghosts missing from the PS4 list, and Lillian said she will forward my queries to the relevant department.

Sly Cooper Thieves In Time PS3 resell $1

I can turn your Paypal into Amazon | Steelbooks B2G1 | Blu-ray Slipcovers

http://www.cheapassg...ore/?p=10212991

#43 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

I chatted with CS about Ghosts missing from the PS4 list, and Lillian said she will forward my queries to the relevant department.

Awesome! I may contact CS about some other games like The Order 1886 and The Evil Within. Hopefully they will add more games to this promo.

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#44 Kevlar338

Kevlar338

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

Is there any other games than Lego marvel with preorder deals with amazon that would stack with this ? I know the offer promo credit for preordering sometimes .
Robocop vs Terminator for Sega genesis ... Probably my favorite game ever created .

#45 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

Is there any other games than Lego marvel with preorder deals with amazon that would stack with this ? I know the offer promo credit for preordering sometimes .

Batman Arkham Origins

MildObstruction.png

#46 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

Nice deal, but I have nothing to trade really. The games I'm willing to sell would net me much more on Ebay honestly.

3DS Friend Code: 1461-6213-9792

Animal Crossing Trade List (will update frequently)

#47 amari

amari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

I e-mailed support about trading in two games that add up to $10 to see if that qualifies for this promotion (since I'm trading in Saints Row the Third for $9 and Borderlands GOTY for $3)... I sure hope it does so I can finally pre-order Tales of Xillia.

sig-1.jpg

#48 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

I e-mailed support about trading in two games that add up to $10 to see if that qualifies for this promotion (since I'm trading in Saints Row the Third for $9 and Borderlands GOTY for $3)... I sure hope it does so I can finally pre-order Tales of Xillia.

Considering the wording specifies "trade in $10 worth of games" and not "any game worth $10 or more," I'd assume you're in the clear - but that's not always how it works on the programming end of things. Please post back when you get a reply back.

#49 amari

amari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

Yeah, but better safe than sorry. I'll edit this post (or reply if more people reply to this thread) when I get a response.

sig-1.jpg

#50 FloorTile

FloorTile

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

Can you trade in separately to get $10 more per trade

#51 amari

amari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

* sigh * I was impatient so I did a chat with support and they said that the promotion does NOT say that a combined value will give me the extra $10. So I HAVE to find a single game worth $10. Bleh.

Now I gotta find a game that I have that is worth $10 by itself. :(

sig-1.jpg

#52 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

Well some games that can be found cheap/for less then the TiV at amazon, that are good if your looking to get in on this promo before it expires would be:

Metro Last Light: Good $41.21 (NOT the limited edition, that is about $5 less in TiV)

Bass Pro Shops: The Hunt (360): Good $22.24 (The game only one, the bundle only get's $5) ($19.99 used at gamestop)

NBA 2K13 (Dynasty Edition) (360 OR PS3) Good $75 (NEW at gamestop is only $59.99)

Defiance - Collector's Edition (360, the PS3 one get's $4 less or so) Good - $75 (New $69.99 at gamestop, and not sure if they would take just the game as acceptable - $52.50 like they have listed.)

#53 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

* sigh * I was impatient so I did a chat with support and they said that the promotion does NOT say that a combined value will give me the extra $10. So I HAVE to find a single game worth $10. Bleh.

Did you do something silly like oh, I don't know just adding those two to your trade "basket" and going through until it gave you the trade summary?  I think it tells you whether you get the promotion well before that but also tells you on the summary if you're getting the promo.  Can always go back and delete those games if it doesn't and by far the easiest way to check these things.  I would just check myself but it won't show up since I've already claimed my credit.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Trade List

#54 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:19 PM

Well, I bought MLB 2k12 on clearance at Target for this promotion and locked in the trade already.  Unfortunately since I decided to actually play the game first I found myself enjoying it!  Now I'm not sure I want to trade it in.  

I also locked in Far Cry 3 for $21.xx yesterday since I just got a copy last week at Target pricematching when Amazon briefly listed the price at $19.99.  But I do really want to play that as well...good thing this promotion goes until 6/30 gives me a little time to decide.  Maybe I'll snag FC3 again and send that copy off, I would still be making a profit afterall...

Garrus_Lannister.png

#55 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

Might use this to get Dragon's Crown.  I want the artbook.

#56 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

That's nonsense and isn't how the promotion reads at all (also amazon promotions have historically used combined multiple item value unless very explicitly specified).  My money is on the support person not knowing any better.

MildObstruction.png

#57 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

I still say just try it for yourself and don't submit the trade if it's not what you want. :-P

Trade List

#58 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:19 AM

That's nonsense and isn't how the promotion reads at all (also amazon promotions have historically used combined multiple item value unless very explicitly specified).  My money is on the support person not knowing any better.

Contact them again. When I contacted CS they didn't even know about the promo and kept referring to a DVD/ Blu-Ray promo with the same details. I had cancelled my original trade in to lump together 3 games I am trading in ( I did 3 separate trades to lock in high prices) and the promo wasn't showing up on my trade in the little 1 promotion available part, so they  just went ahead issued me my $10 credit without me even shipping the games yet. Also I will be adding to the blu ray / dvd to the OP

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#59 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

Also I will be adding to the blu ray / dvd to the OP

The link just takes me back to the first post... and copying the link url with right click just takes me to the video game promo.

Trade List

#60 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:48 AM

Also I will be adding to the blu ray / dvd to the OP

The link just takes me back to the first post... and copying the link url with right click just takes me to the video game promo.

Tyvm I just tried it and it worked, but would you mine trying for extra verification.