Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Amazon: Trade in $10 worth of games get $10 bonus credit for preorders Update! Works on Blu Rays and Dvds

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#61 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:55 AM

Tyvm I just tried it and it worked, but would you mine trying for extra verification.

Working now!

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#62 amari

amari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

Thanks for the tips guys. I found a game that was worth $10 though so it's all good.

sig-1.jpg

#63 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:37 AM

You have to trade 50$ worth of movies to get 10$ off. The deal is crap and the OP should update accordingly. Got my hopes up and everything.

#64 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:50 AM

You have to trade 50$ worth of movies to get 10$ off. The deal is crap and the OP should update accordingly. Got my hopes up and everything.

Yeah, I was excited to unload all these DVD's I've acquired over the years but that with 25 cent values kills it.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Trade List

#65 johnston306

johnston306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

The Blu/DVD deal expired June 2010...

#66 bbedwards

bbedwards

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

The Blu/DVD deal expired June 2010...

I just noticed this as well...I'm guessing its a typo, I doubt that page would still exist 3 years later

#67 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

Can you trade in separately to get $10 more per trade

The answer was posted earlier.  (No.)

Terms and Conditions:
• The promotion is limited to one per customer.

#68 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

Can you trade in separately to get $10 more per trade

The answer was posted earlier.  (No.)

Terms and Conditions:
• The promotion is limited to one per customer.

It's definitely no, once you submit a qualifying trade any future trades you submit don't get the offer applied to them since it's bundled to the item at "checkout".

Trade List

#69 Kolgar

Kolgar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

In what order do you have to do these steps?

I locked in my trades and then ordered Killzone. Sent the items, Amazon processed, but no credit was applied to my order.

So I canceled the order, placed a second order for Killzone, and received the credit for my trade--but not for the bonus $10.

Does anyone know if the $10 will be applied "automatically" (like they say in the promo) later?

Thanks in advance.

#70 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:00 AM

In what order do you have to do these steps?

I locked in my trades and then ordered Killzone. Sent the items, Amazon processed, but no credit was applied to my order.

So I canceled the order, placed a second order for Killzone, and received the credit for my trade--but not for the bonus $10.

Does anyone know if the $10 will be applied "automatically" (like they say in the promo) later?

Thanks in advance.

Tell them that you cancelled and the promo isn't showing. I did this and they automatically gave me the $10 without even sending my trades. 

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#71 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:12 AM

Would of been nice if DS games applied. Pokemon Soul Silver is like 25 dollars in trade, a extra 10 to X/Y would pay it off.

Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#72 MikeE021286

MikeE021286

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Just to confirm....I can trade in a 3DS game to get the $10 extra, right?

#73 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

Just to confirm....I can trade in a 3DS game to get the $10 extra, right?

Yes, any sytem they take the only limitation is which games are elidgible to use the $10  credit on.

Trade List

#74 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

Can you stack the $10 promo with the previous $20 trade in promo?

<p>194619.png

#75 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

I just noticed this as well...I'm guessing its a typo, I doubt that page would still exist 3 years later

It's dead, it's not a typo. I don't know how the OP stumbled onto that page but Amazon hasn't run a trade-in promo involving DVDs in literally years. Can't see them restarting one at this point in time.

#76 GinnTokki

GinnTokki

Smash 4 Hype Ringleader

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

How long is the promotion? Forgot about the trade in and I'm wondering if I'm screwed or not xP

#77 sgand

sgand

Aim for the flap top

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

Ghosts for PS4 has been added, however I don't think it's linked to the promotion. The bonus $10 didn't apply, and I had to have them do it through chat. I also made Helen, the Amazon CS, "lol." That was the highlight of my day.

Sly Cooper Thieves In Time PS3 resell $1

I can turn your Paypal into Amazon | Steelbooks B2G1 | Blu-ray Slipcovers

http://www.cheapassg...ore/?p=10212991

#78 tbassett

tbassett

MW2 Still King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

Has anyone gotten the $10 promotion to work yet?  They finally processed my one trade and I got $17.xx but I tried ordering COD:Ghosts for Xbox One but it's not showing up?  Is there an actual code I should get from Amazon?

#79 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

Has anyone gotten the $10 promotion to work yet?  They finally processed my one trade and I got $17.xx but I tried ordering COD:Ghosts for Xbox One but it's not showing up?  Is there an actual code I should get from Amazon?

Yes, there should be an actual promotional thing you have to receive first though I believe others said it goes straight into your account.

Trade List

#80 narmstrong79

narmstrong79

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

If I already have a pending order for one of these pre-order qualified games (Madden 25 - PS4) ...will they apply the credit to my order or do i have to cancel a re-order with the credit?

#81 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

If I already have a pending order for one of these pre-order qualified games (Madden 25 - PS4) ...will they apply the credit to my order or do i have to cancel a re-order with the credit?

cancel + reorder

MildObstruction.png

#82 tbassett

tbassett

MW2 Still King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

Yes, there should be an actual promotional thing you have to receive first though I believe others said it goes straight into your account.

Had to talk to customer support.  He manually dropped the price of COD:Ghosts to 49.99. 

#83 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

Had to talk to customer support.  He manually dropped the price of COD:Ghosts to 49.99. 

That's good enough I guess, It's too bad you can't change your mind about it later. 

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#84 tbassett

tbassett

MW2 Still King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:51 AM

That's good enough I guess, It's too bad you can't change your mind about it later. 

Yeah I was thinking that.  I'm kind of hoping the $10 promo pops up in the next couple days since that obviously was a hacky was to give me the $10 off. 

#85 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

Man, I just don't know what to use my $10 promo credit on...One of my cardinal rules is to never buy anything at full price except in very rare cases, and there's practically nothing for which I feel comfortable paying $10 less than MSRP other than (possibly) Arkham Origins for :ps3: or Destiny for either :ps3: or PS4, but...I dunno. :-k

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#86 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:21 AM

$10 extra for $50 worth of DVDs? W/ todays' trade-in DVD credit I'm thinking about 200 DVDs would need to be mailed into them, that's a pretty big box ;-)

#87 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:27 AM

$10 extra for $50 worth of DVDs? W/ todays' trade-in DVD credit I'm thinking about 200 DVDs would need to be mailed into them, that's a pretty big box ;-)

Most of the non-series I've looked at put it closer to between 750 and 1000.

Trade List

#88 narmstrong79

narmstrong79

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:42 AM

cancel + reorder

Thanks, that's a pain. Maybe I'll just order another ps4 game  :joystick:

Was very shocked at the trade in value i received.... Playstation All-Stars (PS3) $14.61 and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS-Vita) $14.70  

#89 GodOfUncharted

GodOfUncharted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:59 AM

Awesome. After the last 2 Amazon promos, I just pre-ordered Arkham Origins for $30.

#90 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:32 AM

to preorder GTA V or Destiny,..hmmm....

• Vap likes this

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/