Photo
* * * * - 14 votes

BLOCKBUSTER LIQUIDATION [DEAD] THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Blockbuster video

• Please log in to reply
1651 replies to this topic

#301 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

$29.99 eligible for the BOGO no nuketown code
New 34.99 w/ nuketown code

Oh I see, thanks. I think I see a bunch of BLOPS 2 used games at best buy in the near future @___@

#302 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:54 AM

isn't nuketown free now so no matter what you get it?

do you like conga's? do you like lines? do you like free iphones/cash?! join the iphone canga line!

http://www.cheapassg.../#entry11235053

#303 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

isn't nuketown free now so no matter what you get it?

Maybe Idk haven't touch that game in months.

#304 sirpikaz

sirpikaz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

What's everyone planning on getting today? I'll be at my local store when they open.

#305 bostonfrontier

bostonfrontier

Pierce - Garnett - Allen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

What's everyone planning on getting today? I'll be at my local store when they open.

Same here.... Hopefully we are going to the same store

#306 bostonfrontier

bostonfrontier

Pierce - Garnett - Allen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Just got back from Blockbuster.... I was the first one there.

Got 2 copies of New Super Mario U for $31 and 2 copies of Kirby Return to Dreamland for $29.

I will flip one copy of each to gamestop so I can get a new copy of Deadpool for free.  So ultimately I'll get Deadpool, mario U, and Kirby for $60.

Pretty slick.  I'll save the other copies of mario and kirby to trade in whenever there's another deal.

On another note, you know you go someplace too often when all the employees there know you. LOL

#307 theclaw

theclaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

Definitely have to check for New Super Mario U. $30 for one was more than I wanted, two changes a lot.

Already have Kirby from earlier.

• 247 likes this

#308 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

ran into a slick deals guy or something, or just a CAG douche. he bought 30 games, AND he had them put all the black ops 2 for ps3 and 360 back the day before. 3 ps3 and 4 for 360. I didnt even get a chance to get 1, ridiculous. he also bought 4 copies of halo 4. im officially done with blockbuster, its one thing if he got there first and grabbed them off the shelf, but they held the damn things behind the counter for him. 

#309 bostonfrontier

bostonfrontier

Pierce - Garnett - Allen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

Snooze you lose man....

J/K

I actually went to Blockbuster yesterday and asked if they could hold on to the games for me, they said no they couldn't, so I guess the guy got lucky OR that's a huge payoff for the person that rings up the sale. so they gave in.  Either way, that's life.

#310 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

Snooze you lose man....

J/K

I actually went to Blockbuster yesterday and asked if they could hold on to the games for me, they said no they couldn't, so I guess the guy got lucky OR that's a huge payoff for the person that rings up the sale. so they gave in.  Either way, that's life.

yeah, i just needed to fume a little. its not like i actually go to blockbuster anyway, that part was just for dramatic effect.

#311 ThisHndsmeDevil

ThisHndsmeDevil

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

What location?

#312 ThisHndsmeDevil

ThisHndsmeDevil

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

What location?

Yay not mine

#313 ThisHndsmeDevil

ThisHndsmeDevil

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

Thank you BBVGuy! HawaiiBoy would be proud

#314 brianace

brianace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

Picked up Dishonored & Epic Mickey 2 PS3 for a total of around $28 + tax.  Not bad.  Selection kind of limited this time around compared to the glory days of BBV BOGO, but given as I still have two stores within 15 miles from my house, I can't complain.

#315 moe0227

moe0227

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Picked up New Super Mario Bros U and Kirby Return to Dreamland for about $31 today! Picked up all the Wii U games included in the sale, and now hoping for a good Black Friday bundle or sale on the Wii U. Thanks BlockbusterGuy!!!

#316 SoulEdgeVII

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

Looks like most of the Chicago Blockbusters were hit by El Hoardo right when the stores opened. I just wanted ONE copy of New Super Mario Bros. U.

#317 247

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

Went to my local BBV only to find out they had transferred all their wii u games to a different store. I went to that store (30min drive) and they only had about 2-3 games above 19.99. I saw a big stack of games in front mostly wii and wii u games. I asked if they were also for sale and the manager said they are on hold for someone, all 15-20 games. She transferred those 15-20 games from different stores and all on hold for a customer.

#318 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

The store on Dorset and 270 in stl still has a bunch of Wiiu games. They had Mario, trekked, madden, zombie and just dance. I think I got the last batman and epic mickey

#319 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

blah, my last BBV bit the dust sometime within the last few months.

#320 HCHecxz

HCHecxz

The Hecxzellent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

Yeah these past like 4 days been bank for me on deals at Blockbuster in my area.

Got the following titles

WiiU

ZombiU

New Super Mario Bros WiiU

PS3

Killzone 3
Persona 4 Arena
Twisted Metal

XBOX 360

X-COM: Enemy Unknown
Soul Caliber 5
Shadows of the Damned
Rise of Nightmares
Anarchy Reigns

It's been good, but for all of those, I know I spend under $100. Thanks for hooking me up. I'm thinking of going back to get Kirby's Dream Collection & Kirby's Return to Dreamland on Wii. I might tomorrow. But thanks man!

The Hecxz-ellent One of CAG.com

Posted Image

#321 dorkyden

dorkyden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

i tried to get some halo 4 but dang they are ALL scratched to hell. 

Join Perk and make easy Amazon credit 

Join Swagbucks and get up to $5 Amazon credit every 9 days! 

#322 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

Well, not sure if there will be anything worthwhile but just realized there's actually one not too far from here still so I guess I'll check it out.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#323 io

io

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

I was in a store yesterday and they agreed to hold stuff for me (just 1 copy each of 4 different games ;)).  And I totally forgot that NSMB U was part of this sale.  But then again, I don't think I saw it there or I would have picked it up.  It could be they were already out of it from the B2G1 sale.

#324 Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:07 PM

My only remaining Blockbuster is a 25-30 minute drive from here. But I have a doctor's appt tomorrow afternoon, so since I'll be out maybe I'll take a swing by there for laughs.

I recall them having a ton of Wii U stuff the last time I was there but not a whole heck of a lot for other consoles. The stuff they did have were not exactly titles I'd buy either(Game Of Thrones, Doom BFG).

#325 aw004g

aw004g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

Headed out again today.  Nothing too exciting under $30.  The manager said that she would let me buy a game over $30 and get one under $30 for free, but after buying over 20 games in the last week I passed.  Picked up "Life of Pi" and "Django Unchained" for around $14 though.

Posted Image

#326 RiseFromYourGrave

RiseFromYourGrave

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:34 AM

Any 3ds games? Haven't been to BB in ages. If not, I could try to flip some games and grab something at GS...

Quaint Specs:
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650/Intel i7 720QM/6GB DDR3/Cool Stuff
Steam id: kiss.gandy

#327 PlowK1NG

PlowK1NG

Banned from MSstore.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:48 AM

Picked up 2 NSMBs, UFC 3, and Persona 4 Arena. After trading some in I ended with a $20 profit and a free copy of Persona.
Get a great value from your used games by trading at Leaptrade.

http://www.leaptrade...referrer:MrPlow

#328 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

Official Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:56 AM

So what are the best games for flipping, either at gamestop or Amazon

#329 B:L

B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:45 AM

Everything worthwhile was gone.

#330 Msn1983

Msn1983

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:54 AM

I was able to get 3 copies of Black Ops 2 for 360 and found 1 New Super Mario Bros. spent $63 flipped them for $137 at gamestop.

Thanks again blockbuster guy!!

For Michigan CAGs, the blockbuster in Brighton still has 8-10 black ops 2 copies if you are looking for flips. I know the novi store is real slow too. They even still have Wii U games from the first sale.