Photo
* * * * - 14 votes

BLOCKBUSTER LIQUIDATION [DEAD] THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Blockbuster video

• Please log in to reply
1651 replies to this topic

#31 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:45 AM

Is that pdf link to the coupon legit?

On july 23 the july fourth sale will be over. Do you mean june 23rd?

#32 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

Might go on 6/25 and get Dead Or Alive 5 for $10.I know theres a new version coming out but im not paying $40 or $50 for just a couple new things.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#33 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

No I meant on June 23 there's another round of store closing, so any sale that I listed will not be valid on those locations

#34 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

Hope I can get Tekken Tag 2 for Wii U.  Mainly want it for the extra modes.

#35 io

io

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

No I meant on June 23 there's another round of store closing, so any sale that I listed will not be valid on those locations

Good lord - how is this even possible?  They have so few locations left.  I basically have one left that is within reasonable driving distance (that is, less than 50 miles round trip).  If they shut that one down, I will finally be done with them forever.

And yet just when I think I am done with them, they come through with at least something.  I got a couple of games during the last B1G1 sale and will definitely grab a couple of those Wii U games on the 25th with that coupon.

I take it that coupon is for one game at a time and probably one per person too?  It doesn't seem to indicate either way, but I could see then enforcing that.  If so, it is still iffy to drive all the way up there just for one game, so we'll see.  But if I can find another reason to be near there I might as well.

#36 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

do you have a list of locations, or is that too much info to give out? i really hope they aren't taking my last BB away...

sicsonic.png
:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:wii: ___

#37 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

Was hoping for Sonic Racing on Wii U but oh well.  Have Blops 2, Batman, Zombi U, NSMBU already.  I suppose I'd pick up Tekken and maybe AC3 if I find them.  Otherwise I'll see what's there for the other systems.

Just confirming, the coupon just says 50% off the games $19.99 and under...it doesn't mention that it's just for 1 game, so I assume you can use the coupon once for as many games as you want?

Thanks!

#38 paulwekiva

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

Was hoping for Sonic Racing on Wii U but oh well.  Have Blops 2, Batman, Zombi U, NSMBU already.  I suppose I'd pick up Tekken and maybe AC3 if I find them.  Otherwise I'll see what's there for the other systems.

Just confirming, the coupon just says 50% off the games $19.99 and under...it doesn't mention that it's just for 1 game, so I assume you can use the coupon once for as many games as you want?

Thanks!

The ability to use the coupon more then once is my big concern too.  I could walk out of the store with 6 Wii-U games for $60 if the coupon can be used more then once.  Otherwise, I will have to figure out some ways around it, hope for a cool employee, or hope the games don't clear out before the July 4th deal starts (the store near me seems to not get cleared out, which is nice).

#39 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

ymmv  :rofl:

#40 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

So the coupon......
Doesn't say only 1 per person or account and I'm sure there will be employees that puff their chest and will deny it. Only thing I can tell you is that it's a smart decision selling those games to anyone because we over ordered wii u games...

As in closing store locations I cannot give that info out but just call you local store and say "are you going into liquidation?

Good luck

#41 bludd

bludd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

dammit, another blockbuster by me is shutting down, i'm left to just one.  I love these deals!

#42 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:02 PM

That is too bad about more closings. I actually think the $15/mo unlimited movie rentals, $5/mo kids club and the like are really good deals. I'd hate to see my local blockbuster close. The employees there are some of the nicest retail employees around here.

#43 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

will the bogo be for movies too? thanks!

#44 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

Yes

why cant you give that info out? scared you might lose your job at blockbuster? 

Nope not afraid I just think you should stop being so F****** lazy and call your local store. I gave you my time to type all the price changes and now you want me to give you more time a type store closing? Do you want me to tell you all the flips to master?

#45 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

Nope not afraid I just think you should stop being so F****** lazy and call your local store. I gave you my time to type all the price changes and now you want me to give you more time a type store closing? Do you want me to tell you all the flips to master?

:applause:

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#46 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

Dude just slapped a bitch. lol

Thank you for all the time and info you have provided.

I was not lazy and my store is closing. :(

#47 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

That was pretty awesome.

#48 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

Dude just slapped a bitch. lol

Thank you for all the time and info you have provided.

I was not lazy and my store is closing. :(

Sorry, the only thing I can think of is calling them and asking if you can use the coupon before they start liquidating. Might work depending on the manager.

#49 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:13 AM

There's a blockbuster 5 miles from here. Pretty good deal so I might pick some of these up.

#50 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:16 AM

Yes

So emotional

#51 heatfan1121

heatfan1121

Pikmin 3 is Awesome!

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

Buy One Get one  50% of 19.99 games is active in my store. I got Black Ops 2 and Batman Arkham City for $30.00 + tax. Thanks OP!

#52 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:51 AM

Buy one get one 50% is what you did. $19.99 + 9.99.

50% off starts on the 25th. You would have paid 19.99 if the 50% had started.

#53 heatfan1121

heatfan1121

Pikmin 3 is Awesome!

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:23 AM

Buy one get one 50% is what you did. $19.99 + 9.99.

50% off starts on the 25th. You would have paid 19.99 if the 50% had started.

Oops that's what I mean to say! I can afford the extra $10.00 bucks, and was in the area, so I made the purchase. I also didn't want to risk missing out on the games considering that I got the last two copies of Black Ops 2 and Batman (both complete with Club Nintendo codes), and those were the last of the Wii U games.

#54 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:30 AM

Good decision.

#55 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

Good lord - how is this even possible?  They have so few locations left.  I basically have one left that is within reasonable driving distance (that is, less than 50 miles round trip).  If they shut that one down, I will finally be done with them forever.

And yet just when I think I am done with them, they come through with at least something.  I got a couple of games during the last B1G1 sale and will definitely grab a couple of those Wii U games on the 25th with that coupon.

I take it that coupon is for one game at a time and probably one per person too?  It doesn't seem to indicate either way, but I could see then enforcing that.  If so, it is still iffy to drive all the way up there just for one game, so we'll see.  But if I can find another reason to be near there I might as well.

Sad to hear that there will be another round of Blockbuster closings.  There used to be like 7 Blockbusters near me and now there is only 1 remaining.  Like io said, If that one goes that's it for me. :(

I made 2 trips to that solo Blockbuster during the last BOGO sale. If mine survives, I might triple dip and make 3 trips.

#56 Dante Devil

Dante Devil

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

Thanks for info, OP!

dantedevil0ec6zs.jpgcagerssmall6vi5lm.gif

ach.png

#57 ssjChris

ssjChris

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

I just google'd around the entire area near me and seems all of the remaining stores have closed up.  OP, I sent you a PM.  A great deal for those of you that still have Blockbusters in the area.

#58 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

I may end up using the coupon that starts on the 25th to get ACIII and Black Ops 2 for the Wii U if I can find them.

Thanks for posting!

"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#59 paulwekiva

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

I received an email today stating that ANY previously rented movie or game is B2G1.   Valid 6/18 - 7/1.  It does not appear to be a coupon so it should be good for multiple uses if desired.  Compared to the b1g1 coming up, it's not as good BUT if used for Wii-U games it would put you at $13 a piece...not too shabby if you think there may be short supply of games or don't want to wait another week.

#60 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Would you mind forwarding me that e-mail?  I PMed you my email address.  Thanks!