Photo
* * * * - 14 votes

BLOCKBUSTER LIQUIDATION [DEAD] THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Blockbuster video

• Please log in to reply
1651 replies to this topic

#661 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

Update OP with new sale as always ill post re prices and sale changes...

#662 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

No Blockbuster's left in South Florida, right? Think there's one by the beach and that's it

St Augustine/110th
11018 Old St Augustine Rd Ste 141 Jacksonville, FL??

Atlantic/Hodges
13170 Atlantic Blvd. Jacksonville, FL??

#663 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

^ south Florida. That's way too far north lol

Miami+Flash15.png

Waiting for:

:xb1: Halo: MCC

#664 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

Ohhh you meant Cuba? So no dice lol

#665 Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

Why do people think this? Is this a franchise rule? Corporate store refund are....
30 day refund on all use product.
If you would like store credit we can do that
If you want to exchange and item for the same thing we can do that
If you want a different item because we don't carry the title you bought we can do that
If you want your money back WE CAN DO THAT!

That's funny. I was always told it was NO REFUNDS, exchange only. That info came from a corporate store that was shut down here in April or May of this year after going through the closing sales.

#666 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

That's funny. I was always told it was NO REFUNDS, exchange only. That info came from a corporate store that was shut down here in April or May of this year after going through the closing sales.

Yea I know some store managers that use that tactic. They use this because they need all the revenue they can and refunds hurts them. If your in a store look at the policy, should be a poster on an end cap or on the front counter somewhere. If they still refuse call corporate and I can guarantee you they will refund your money. I don't think I have ever seen a retailer ever deny a refund on used products. If you ever step foot on a store that sells used product and have a zero refund policy, I wouldn't shop there.

Does gamestop do this? If I buy a used title can I return it the next day and get my money back?

#667 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

Yea I know some store managers that use that tactic. They use this because they need all the revenue they can and refunds hurts them. If your in a store look at the policy, should be a poster on an end cap or on the front counter somewhere. If they still refuse call corporate and I can guarantee you they will refund your money. I don't think I have ever seen a retailer ever deny a refund on used products. If you ever step foot on a store that sells used product and have a zero refund policy, I wouldn't shop there.

Does gamestop do this? If I buy a used title can I return it the next day and get my money back?

I was told the same thing by a couple blockbuster guys this past week(the no-refunds shpeel). It didn't matter in the end, but was kinda off-putting.

Gamestop does 7 day full refund on returns.

#668 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:55 AM

Ohhh you meant Cuba? So no dice lol

lmao yup

:(

Miami+Flash15.png

Waiting for:

#669 expresso83

expresso83

XBL / PSN / NNID: shanafan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

Yep, I tried to exchange two games I got that were impulse buys for other titles the next day, but was denied and told it was a final sale. It left a sour taste in my mouth because nowhere did it say "finale sale" anywhere in the store.

#670 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

I was told the same thing by a couple blockbuster guys this past week(the no-refunds shpeel). It didn't matter in the end, but was kinda off-putting.

Gamestop does 7 day full refund on returns.

I thought they did something like that, but still good retailers can't deny you a full refund on USED products. There are so many loop holes that they can be sued if they don't allowed it.
Doesn't work, didn't like it, it was a gift, goes on and on. I had to approved a refund for a guy that didn't have enough money on his bank account that he over spend. So he wanted to return the product, so no biggie.

Yep, I tried to exchange two games I got that were impulse buys for other titles the next day, but was denied and told it was a final sale. It left a sour taste in my mouth because nowhere did it say "finale sale" anywhere in the store.

Sorry about that I would call corp and get the guys name. Nothing aggravates me more than mis inform employees. If its a liquidation store then yes all sale are final. It says it on the check out counter and your receipt. A normal Corporate store accept full refunds because we guarantee the product works. It even says it on the price stickers. A franchise store I have no idea, rules are by the owner so depends.

#671 Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:56 AM

I guess I just never bothered pushing for a return unless it was truly defective because either A) the game was going into my personal collection or B) I was going to be trading(flipping) it to GS or BB before the end of the day.

The only time that the policy as they kept stating it was would annoy me is if I were to have a defective game and they said no returns or exchange AT ALL.

Unfortunately I learned the hard way to test movies/games with this last round of store closings. They were only a buck each, but I have two defective Family Guy DVD's(Star Wars spoofs). I didn't realize the silver on the top of the discs wasn't some sort of star pattern on it but rather scratches in the top sticker until long after they were out of business. 

#672 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:21 AM

Why do people think this? Is this a franchise rule? Corporate store refund are....
30 day refund on all use product.
If you would like store credit we can do that
If you want to exchange and item for the same thing we can do that
If you want a different item because we don't carry the title you bought we can do that
If you want your money back WE CAN DO THAT!

Well that is what I was told in store plenty of times. Plus it is in the Return Policy of the Blockbuster website. "Opened movies, games and music cannot be returned for a refund but can be exchanged for the identical item within 30 days of purchase, provided you have the original receipt and only at the original store of purchase."

Edit: link from mobile http://www.blockbust...bershipTerms#15

#673 io

io

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

Yeah, for years and years the policy was no returns on used.  It makes sense.  I'm not sure why you think stores should take back used stuff BBVGuy.  GS's 7-day policy is very generous and I always figure it will get pulled at any time.  I guess they figure the occasional abuse (people beating games in a few days and then returning them) is worth it for the good will they get for the policy.

If BBV changed their policy that is great.  I haven't tried to return anything there in a long time, but during some of the recent sales (I missed this one entirely due to being at PAX) they were pretty clear about being able to exchange if my game was defective within 30 days.  Nothing about no questions asked returns for my money back just 'cause I wanted to.  While they didn't explicitly state that, it was definitely implied.  I would have liked to have returned Dishonored - it was the one I regretted picking up from the last sale.

#674 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Well that is what I was told in store plenty of times. Plus it is in the Return Policy of the Blockbuster website. "Opened movies, games and music cannot be returned for a refund but can be exchanged for the identical item within 30 days of purchase, provided you have the original receipt and only at the original store of purchase."
Edit: link from mobile http://www.blockbust...bershipTerms#15

Not to be an asshole or anything but I think you should take my word on this. I'm not a csr... You where looking at the return policy for new product which is true if you break the seal we can only exchange it for the same thing which every retailer goes by.

Now our used game and movie policy states.

Quality Guarantee For Previously Played Movie Or Game:
If the quality of your previously played movie or game is not satisfactory, just return it with your receipt within 30 days to exchange it or get a full refund. Merchandise returned for quality reasons must be in its original packaging as sold by BLOCKBUSTER and must be accompanied by your original receipt from the BLOCKBUSTER store location where it was purchased. Exchange limited to the same previously played movie or game.

#675 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

There's one in Boca Raton, FL but when I went there a few days ago it was pretty much cleaned out of anything good :/ There's another one a bit further north in Boynton Beach but I don't know if you're willing to travel that far to check Blockbuster lol.

#676 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

There's one in Boca Raton, FL but when I went there a few days ago it was pretty much cleaned out of anything good :/ There's another one a bit further north in Boynton Beach but I don't know if you're willing to travel that far to check Blockbuster lol.

way too far and they'll all prob. be cleaned of the good stuff :(

Miami+Flash15.png

Waiting for:

#677 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

Not sure if this has been posted yet...

New trade in offer gets you GTA 5 for absolutely nothing.

Blockbuster has announced a new trade-in promotion offering players the chance to grab Grand Theft Auto 5 for free when they trade in two selected games.

Trade in any two of the following titles and you'll get GTA 5 for absolutely nothing when the game launches next week:

Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Deadpool
Diablo 3
Disney Infinity Starter Pack
Injustice Gods Among Us
Killer is Dead
Lost Planet 3
Rayman Legends
Rugby Challenge 2
Saints Row IV
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Walking Dead The Survivors (Survival Instinct?)

If you haven't got anything to trade, Blockbuster tells VideoGamer.com that it will be selling the game for £44.99, or for £39.85 when you pre-order online and select the Click and Collect delivery option.

"The anticipation for GTA 5 has been building for months and we have seen this reflected in the pre-orders that we've taken," said James Morton, head of games at Blockbuster. "We're delighted to be offering such a great deal for all our customers and anticipate a great response to this in the coming days."

GTA 5 releases next Tuesday, September 17 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Source: Blockbuster Press Release

#678 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

Not sure if this has been posted yet...

Probably because it appears to be a UK offer? (Note the pound signs).

#679 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

Updated OP

#680 johnston306

johnston306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Hmm...examples of some $9.99 or under games available are?  Thanks BBGuy

#681 bostonfrontier

bostonfrontier

Pierce - Garnett - Allen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

good luck finding 4 under $9.99 games let alone ones that you'd actually want

#682 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

good luck finding 4 under $9.99 games let alone ones that you'd actually want

This.  When I went to the one decent Blockbuster left within 75 miles of me they had a good selection of $20 and $30 games but I can't remember even seeing 1 game anymore at $10 or less.

#683 ManChowder

ManChowder

soooo sleepy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

The selection of $9.99 or less games was pretty picked over from the last sale, but I was able to grab these:

Left 4 Dead GOTY Edition (360) -$6.99

Disney Universe (Wii) - $9.99

Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Wii) - $9.99

BeetleJuice Blu-Ray - $9.99

Not bad for $20 but the best part is all three games were complete and in really good shape. Thanks to the OP.

#684 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

There are two in West Palm Beach. Ones in Wellington the other is on military I think. Aside from that I don't know of any. Used to have like 6 or 7 within a 15 minute drive, but not anymore.

#685 Flash15

Flash15

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

There are two in West Palm Beach. Ones in Wellington the other is on military I think. Aside from that I don't know of any. Used to have like 6 or 7 within a 15 minute drive, but not anymore.

Thanks. Yeah, there were plenty back in the day. Now, not so much

Miami+Flash15.png

Waiting for:

#686 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

This sale allows you to combine games and movies in the same transaction, then?

#687 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

This sale allows you to combine games and movies in the same transaction, then?

Yes
Sale ends Sunday
Monday new sale is buy 2 get 1 free

#688 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

so i guess we are looking at a new round of store closings? local (liberty, missouri) store has a banner up saying it is going out of business. so how does the liquidation work? or do they just move all the stock to other stores?

#689 KansasCityKing

KansasCityKing

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

so i guess we are looking at a new round of store closings? local (liberty, missouri) store has a banner up saying it is going out of business. so how does the liquidation work? or do they just move all the stock to other stores?

I'm not surprised, that store is nestled out of the way and hard to spot, it also doesn't help that there is a shrub covering up most of the sign from one direction.

I suspect the store off of n. oak will go before end of next year.

#690 Konfusion

Konfusion

Bleeding Purple and Black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

Yeah. I was just at the last store near me over the weekend and they were selling off everything. They said they had been in liquidation mode since 9/11 and if I remember correctly, he said they were closing for good on 10/26. It looked like everything was 40% off except used Blu-rays that were all $3.99 each. There were barely any games, but I found 5 Blu-rays to get. I used to go there all the time for their 5 for $20 Blu-ray sales, but those never included all titles. I'm sad to see that store close. No more Blockbuster for me.

OrganizedChaos11.png