Photo
* * * * - 14 votes

BLOCKBUSTER LIQUIDATION [DEAD] THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Blockbuster video

• Please log in to reply
1651 replies to this topic

#61 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

Yes starting today Tuesday is buy 2 get 1 free until Monday. A lot of candy will also be 50% off and if you have a kids pass there's a coupon for a free new release 5 day movie. Not the greatest deal but next week is the 9.99 will u games coupon.

#62 Lord Chabelo

Lord Chabelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

Do prices vary per store, or are sticker prices on boxes usually wrong and games will scan at the OP price?  One of the Blockbusters around me has most of the games listed, but not at the price listed here.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#63 DarknessMonkey

DarknessMonkey

I buy DS games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

Thanks for the work you put in to this stuff BlockbusterGuy! Because of your threads I am able to build up my game library again and then some!!

#64 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

Do prices vary per store, or are sticker prices on boxes usually wrong and games will scan at the OP price? One of the Blockbusters around me has most of the games listed, but not at the price listed here.

Corporate stores have the same universal price if its different its because that store sucks at pricing those games or movies on time. If its a franchise then the owner can price it at whatever they want

Thanks for the work you put in to this stuff BlockbusterGuy! Because of your threads I am able to build up my game library again and then some!!

No problem glad to help and pump some extra cash into blockbuster before they kaput

#65 Lord Chabelo

Lord Chabelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

How can you tell if a store is corporate or franchise?

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#66 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

I went in today and took advantage of the deal since I didn't want to risk them being sold out by next week.  Have to say the best Blockbuster experience I've ever had.  Games were all complete and looked as though they were never played.  Guy working was extremely knowledgeable and efficient.  Will be going back next week with coupon to pick up a couple 360 games probably.

Anyway, got these today for $47.

Wii U Assassin's Creed 3

Wii U Tekken

Wii Kirby Return to Dreamland (good find and wouldn't be included in the coupon sale anyway)

#67 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

How can you tell if a store is corporate or franchise?

By asking the employees or calling the store

#68 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

Is Blops 2 360 still $30? (if I can find one of course)

#69 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

Is Blops 2 360 still $30? (if I can find one of course)

Yes that's the only title that didn't drop, probably because the vengeance map pack is coming out.

#70 Rudybegga

Rudybegga

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

So, did anyone ever solve the mystery of whether or not you can get more than 1 game with the 50% off coupon?  OP?

#71 Goodeye

Goodeye

Resident Halo nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

I will be hitting up to stores I know of next Tuesday, both are hardley visited and have a decent stock of games as well.

Hoping I'm one of the few. I just wanna get Madden 13, BLOPS 2, and Batman AC all for WIIU

[FONT="]Posted ImagePosted Image

[/FONT]

#72 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:40 AM

So, did anyone ever solve the mystery of whether or not you can get more than 1 game with the 50% off coupon?  OP?

Doesn't matter what I tell you.. If its allowed to use more than 1 at a time I'm sure there will be some idiot to deny you. If I tell you only 1 is allowed I'm sure there will be a cool guy that tells you go ahead and use multiple.

I won't really know the answer until Monday that's when we get all the instructions and barcodes for the start of the promotion.

But there might be another price drop so stay tune..

#73 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

I can't wait for this. Sale starts the day of my bday next week and I plan on getting a WiiU in the next few months, so stocking up on some great WiiU games on the cheap will start my library off on a great note!

Stopped by my store about 5 mins away and they have AT LEAST 5 copies of every WiiU game you have in the list.

Weird thing is the Super Mario Bros. U games all had the front cover of the owner's manual ripped off. I wonder if it has something to do with stores getting credit for selling the games? No other games were like that that I saw.

#74 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:23 AM

Does BB have any 3DS games?

#75 paulwekiva

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

Does BB have any 3DS games?

The two near me don't and I never hear talk about any deals on them...so I'm saying no with a pretty good amount of confidence.

#76 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

Thanks for the deals.  I stopped by my local blockbuster last night to check the stock and saw that they only had one more Zombie U and 2 more Assassins Creed 3's.  I decided to pick up those 2 and Batman for $42.  Not bad for $14 a piece.  I'll pick up Tekken, COD Blops 2, Epic Mickey and Madden next week during the $10 sale.

Could I technically take back the three games I got and rebuy them for a lower price during the sale?  I'm not too familiar with their used game return policy.

Also, all 3 games were BRAND NEW.  The cashier mentioned that not a single person had rented them, I looked at them and they were perfect!

#77 orangecrush

orangecrush

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

Returns to blockbuster are not easy.

#78 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

Returns to blockbuster are not easy.

I thought that might be the case...I guess I'll have to just be happy with 3 brand new games for $14 each :D Next week I'll go pick up the rest for $10.  I wonder what gamestops trade in value is right now.

#79 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

Is Epic Mickey 2 ANY good?  They had a few copies at my BB but I didn't get it because I've heard horrible things about the game.

#80 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

Blockbuster, might have to visit them sometime soon, at least the remaining 2 locally....

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#81 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:17 PM

Hmmm this list is mighty tempting. On July 2nd I'll see if I can head over to my local BlockBuster and see what games from the list they have; may end up with 4 additions to my backlog!

htya.jpg

3DS, GameCube, N64, DreamCast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#82 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

went ahead and got black ops 2 for the wii u, also got mario wii u, trading it in to amazon for $36($10 preorder bonus), and ufc 3 360, which im trading to gamestop for $15. basically got black ops 2 for free. im also gonna check it out when the b1g1 starts, but i wanted to get a copy of black ops 2 in case they dont have any left by then.

#83 Echoes

Echoes

Farm roads ftw

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

The last Blockbuster near me is finally going to close :(

I actually liked Blockbuster, bummer. I doubt they'll do this sale now

steam_sig.png

Forms_and_Shapes.png

#84 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

Scouted out one of my local stores. The have tons and tons of Wii U games. I will likely be picking up Black Ops 2, AC3, Tekken Tag Tourney, and Madden 13 all for the Wii U on Tuesday. Might get some other titles that at 19.99 or lower if I feel like I need them at the time. The employees at the store were really cool and ended up giving me ~20 copies of the ad for the coupons. I am super excited about getting Wii U games for $10 a pop.

"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#85 Slight Defect

Slight Defect

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

Any update on what we can expect tomorrow when trying to buy multiple games? I plan to get 4 and am wondering if I need to recruit friends.....
Posted Image

#86 Jaashuaa

Jaashuaa

Jeep! Jeep!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

So on July 4th it is only for wii u games? The other games arent bogo? Or is it everyone only cares about the wii u games?

518815.png

#87 Sasaki

Sasaki

Formerly Blockbusterguy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Good news you DO NOT need coupons for this promo we have the barcode behind the register and I believe you can buy more than 1. I'm at work so I will let you know for sure once I have my conference calls!!

#88 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

Thanks blockbuster guy

#89 io

io

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

So on July 4th it is only for wii u games? The other games arent bogo? Or is it everyone only cares about the wii u games?

It is everything but it seems like every store has a few of these Wii U titles and they are significantly cheaper than anywhere else with the promo.  The 360/PS3 selection will be a little more random and perhaps not as much of a discount (compare to other places).  But yeah, I fully intent to check everything out especially if what BBG says below is true.

Good news you DO NOT need coupons for this promo we have the barcode behind the register and I believe you can buy more than 1. I'm at work so I will let you know for sure once I have my conference calls!!

Nice - I have a couple printed but fully expected to get the "one per person" treatment even though the coupons are freely available on the web site and do not say anything about restrictions.  Hopefully this is true as BBV is so far out of the way that I would like to make one and only one trip there and be done with it.

#90 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

I don't know if this has been mentioned in here yet, but I stopped by my Blockbuster the other day to pick up some Wii U games that I was scared might be sold out by the time the sale started.  I bought 3 for $40 and they were all brand new (minus the plastic).  The cashier mentioned that they had never even been rented out.  The games came with the case and manual and everything was in perfect condition.  This is going to be a great sale tomorrow!