• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:53 AM

Taxes in CA. I'll have to pass :(

okay, so that'd make it, what, $49 at most? Versus $64 or $65 at retail.. It's still $15 off

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#32 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:55 AM

You think I could price match this with BestBuy?

#33 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

Sigh...I wanted to wait on this game...but man it looks good and for $45 I will bite.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#34 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:03 AM

my word, that's insane given the game was released today! Hope this isn't a sign the game is selling poorly though, Sony exclusives rarely get the sales numbers they deserve :cry:

I feel like this has to do with the PS4 being a few months away and the PS3 nearing it's end.  Just trying to move more units probably.

#35 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

Going to buy it for $40 (w/ eBay coupon), than just sell my copy from BB for $58. Already paid $63 for the game but add the $50 profit and take away $40 and I get The Last Of Us for $53 plus $20 bonus credit from BB.

#36 akir

akir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:16 AM

Going to buy it for $40 (w/ eBay coupon), than just sell my copy from BB for $58. Already paid $63 for the game but add the $50 profit and take away $40 and I get The Last Of Us for $53 plus $20 bonus credit from BB.

Who do you suppose is going to pay $58 for it?

#37 beard_of_zeus

beard_of_zeus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:16 AM

Wow, hell of a deal on release day. Definitely in for one! Thanks OP.

I can wait for the game to be shipped since I'm busy packing up all my stuff to move anyways.

Posted Image

#38 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

It's ok to admit to flipping something, you don't have to candy-coat it.

#39 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

Who do you suppose is going to pay $58 for it?

IDK, ask the other people paying $58 for it now on eBay. I'm sure I'll make more than $50 which is all I need for a good deal.

#40 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:21 AM

Best Buy's $20 preorder bonus was a better deal if you are Gamers Unlocked member

Posted Image

#41 Jay2328

Jay2328

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:23 AM

Thanks OP, I was going to wait for a price drop since I have credit at both KMart and BestBuy, but this is a good deal. I just hope I get it in the mail by next week, I am eager to see if it is as good as everyone claims.

#42 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

Eh. It's a deal. It's not the UNDER $20 some CAGs are getting it for at Target.

IF INTERESTED, read here: http://www.cheapassg...eo-games/page-4

Can't compare a pricing error, YMMV coupon, and employee ignorance to this deal though.

#43 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

Thanks OP. Bought 1. Pretty good deal for me since I have been playing U2/3 mp for years now. This one seems just as great if not a better game.

What im playing: 
|  :ps3: Dark Souls II :pray:   |  :vita: Spenlunky |

Recently completed:
- Grand Theft Auto V ( Great game, one of the best this gen )
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#44 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

Can't compare a pricing error, YMMV coupon, or employee ignorance to this deal though.

Fixed.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#45 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:36 AM

Best Buy's $20 preorder bonus was a better deal if you are Gamers Unlocked member

Was a better deal...

#46 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:50 AM

And that makes the Survival Edition +$40 now. Oh well.

Currently Playing - :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Recently Completed -     :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12   :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan 9/7

#47 Junkyard Jeff

Junkyard Jeff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:50 AM

Damn you all!!! Looks like I'm dusting off my PS3. My plan was to wait a few months and pick it up cheaper. But $45 is too good to pass up. I'm gonna see what all the hubbub is about - woohoo!

#48 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:08 AM

Fucking hell. In for one, as are like 4 of my friends. 

#49 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

no taxes on ebay

#50 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:21 AM

Thanks, OP.

WIth this and the 1/2 off pre-ordered strategy guide offer from Best Buy, I got the game and collector's edition guide both for under the cost of retail game+taxes ($65).  All thanks to CAG.  I'm happy.

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#51 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:51 AM

no taxes on ebay

Really? Any CA CAGs can confirm this?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#52 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

Definitely in for one - got it with a free Redbox rental last night and love it.

#53 MICHAE2414

MICHAE2414

We'll get there soon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:20 AM

no taxes on ebay

Really? Any CA CAGs can confirm this?

Nope, I'm in CA and have to pay tax. Quote from seller page: "Seller charges sales tax for items shipped to: CA(7.5%), NJ*(7.0%), TN*(9.25%)".

Posted Image

#54 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:24 AM

Can't compare a pricing error, YMMV coupon, or employee ignorance to this deal though.

Fixed.

This is a hell of a deal. I agree with Yigytugd though. Taking advantage of a company. C'mon now. How cheap can you be?! Guess we know who the honest good people are and who the dishonest ones are. 

512847.png

#55 Jay2328

Jay2328

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

So far over 3,000 copies have been sold. Is Newegg going to be able to supply that many copies of the game? I can't help but think some of us might be getting some cancellations or backorder emails. I really hope not though.

#56 mrgstiffler

mrgstiffler

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

Tempting, but I've bought so many games full price then I end up not touching them after a week.

Never been huge into this game anyways. It looks pretty mediocre.

I'm playing the game and I can tell you that the last of us is far from mediocre.

I think it's also far from good.

Pay That

#57 captpluto9465

captpluto9465

CAGalicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:21 AM

So far over 3,000 copies have been sold. Is Newegg going to be able to supply that many copies of the game? I can't help but think some of us might be getting some cancellations or backorder emails. I really hope not though.

I'm leery of Newegg auctions on eBay ever since that time they cancelled a bunch of XBL Gold 12 Month codes on many people and then put up a new listing with more inventory.  Then they asked me to retract my negative feedback.

#58 Jay2328

Jay2328

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

I'm leery of Newegg auctions on eBay ever since that time they cancelled a bunch of XBL Gold 12 Month codes on many people and then put up a new listing with more inventory.  Then they asked me to retract my negative feedback.

That does not sound good. Well if they cancel my order, I just hope they remove the charge from my credit card quickly. I won't shed a tear or anything about it being cancelled since I was not expecting to buy this so soon, but I hate it when orders get cancelled but charges are not removed fast enough. 

#59 shabazz305

shabazz305

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

Aaaand sold out.. Newegg is apparently giving 3,350 copies of this game for $15 off. That's over $50,000 in losses, but they possibly gained over $150,000 from people that may not have bought it otherwise. I'll take that $100k margin anyday.

#60 c.gibbits

c.gibbits

Back to the roots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

great deal. im on the fence still tho.