Final Fantasy VII 7 PC download $6 50% off until 6/16

Is this really how the game looks on the PC?

FFVII_PC_04.png

That looks so weird. I like the clean lines though...

Did they fix all of the issues that people were having with the DRM, getting saves to sync to the cloud, and whatever else there was at launch?

Did they fix all of the issues that people were having with the DRM, getting saves to sync to the cloud, and whatever else there was at launch?
They still haven't sent me a new copy of the launcher file, or renewed my download link...

I e-mailed them a month and a half ago iirc.

Speaking of that when is that going to happen? I know it and VIII are suppose to be headed to Steam but has there been an update on that? I've been waiting this out too for that version will buy it in a heartbeat when it releases on Steam. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had problems with them not too far back.

I bought a game a couple months back from them that requires a GFWL key and they never sent it,  They sent me a key for their DRM and a rewards registration code, but no 25 character GFWL key.  I contacted them about it and they responded that they couldn't find one, so it must mean a GFWL key doesn't come with it.  The game was Battlestations Pacific. 

Is the PC version any different from the PS version?
Some of the most flagrant translation errors/problems were fixed for the PC version (though not all of them), plus it looks slightly better. There are some other, smaller changes, but those are the most noticeable.

Is the PC version any different from the PS version?
Some of the most flagrant translation errors/problems were fixed for the PC version (though not all of them), plus it looks slightly better. There are some other, smaller changes, but those are the most noticeable.
Thanks. I planned to play this on my Vita but maybe I will check out the PC version instead.
I've played it on PS1 and PS3 and PC(retail). There are no real bugs or errors, Playing any version is well worth it.

It's such a shame they were so lazy and offensive with this "update". I really want to show them that PC gamers deserve Final Fantasy on PC again, but... yeah. Hard to reward such arrogance.

If it ever ends up on Steam, I'll probably cave then but it sure would be nice if they would put some care into a proper release or at least a competent release with no frills.

Wait until this FF 7&8 come out on Steam.  Squaresoft uses a 3rd party (digital river) to distribute downloadable games which only offers the download for a limited time.  You won't be able to down the game you bought 30 days after purchase.  There's a very long thread on their forum from people complaining about this.

It shouldn't be too long before these games are available on Steam as people have spotted the market code already.

I don't think I would be able to make it work on my Linux pc  :joystick: 

Atleast Oddworld Inhabitants are making New 'n' Tastey for Linux :baby:

confused, why is everyone waiting for steam? im not a pc gamer but I did get this for the achievements...my pc should be good enough to run this lol

I did and maybe it's cause im not a pc gamer that I dont understand. I bought the game just now, why would I want to download after 30 days? Do all pc games require you to download everytime you play it or something?

I did and maybe it's cause im not a pc gamer that I dont understand. I bought the game just now, why would I want to download after 30 days? Do all pc games require you to download everytime you play it or something?
So uh yea, PC gamers remove games quite often when they are running low on space or just feel like cleaning up the PC or have finished the game. Not to mention if you get a new PC etc...

You may say just back the game up on an external HDD, but why should you have to if you paid money for it? One of the reasons Steam is so popular. You buy the game, its added to your library and can be downloaded any time you want to reinstall it.

Putting a 30 day limit on downloading it is actually kind of BS. I had actually thought of purchasing this awhile ago because it is taking so long to get a Steam release. This is just the nail in the coffin though. Won't be buying this from Square's site...

Just what I've always wanted in FFVII: online features and blurry, dithered "high-res" graphics.

Is the music still general MIDI?

Think I'll stick to my PSN version on my Vita.

That said, I would buy it on Steam......  And probably never play it.  Because I have a serious digital hoarding problem.

So uh yea, PC gamers remove games quite often when they are running low on space or just feel like cleaning up the PC or have finished the game. Not to mention if you get a new PC etc...

You may say just back the game up on an external HDD, but why should you have to if you paid money for it? One of the reasons Steam is so popular. You buy the game, its added to your library and can be downloaded any time you want to reinstall it.

Putting a 30 day limit on downloading it is actually kind of BS. I had actually thought of purchasing this awhile ago because it is taking so long to get a Steam release. This is just the nail in the coffin though. Won't be buying this from Square's site...
Ok I understand now, thanks for answering. Totally went over my head about filling HDD and/or getting a new pc

It shouldn't be too long before these games are available on Steam as people have spotted the market code already.
That was quite some time ago, though. Square Enix could continue to not release it on Steam for ages.

Haven't bought this particular release myself and never will; the issues/restrictions it has sound atrocious, and I already have an original hard copy of FFVII PC, anyway.

There's a Cloud joke here, somewhere.
I was going to buy but it seems like a lot of Strife just for one game.
Just give them some time to fix their mistakes. After all, to Aeris human.

No? Screw it, I tried.
No, that was good too!!

Sometimes you just gotta grin and BARRET HAHAHAHAHAHAHA YES I DID ONE

I could be wrong, but I don't think either have been announced.  People just found them in the Steam registry ages and ages ago, and nothing has happened since.

I could be wrong, but I don't think either have been announced. People just found them in the Steam registry ages and ages ago, and nothing has happened since.
Yep, it was only found in the registry and that was a long time ago. It was never officially announced for Steam. Same thing happened with Halo and a bunch of other games.

bread's done
Back