TRU Deadpool PS3/360 Preorder $37.50

This will most surely go down in price...
You mean like over the course of time? That's a pretty bold prediction right there.
If CAG were a small nation, our chief export would be sarcasm.

Back to original point, the fact that the studio laid off a bunch of staff before the game even came out plus a slightly lesser MSRP plus 25% off that before launch? Sub $20 game in no time.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last two games with discounted pre orders were The Walking Dead Survival Instinct & The Fast and Furious game.

Both were blah.

The last two games with discounted pre orders were The Walking Dead Survival Instinct & The Fast and Furious game.

Both were blah.
Go on Newegg, almost every preorder gets discounted at some point.

Dragons Crown also got a discount for preorder on Amazon, do you expect that game to also be SI / Fast bad?

Did I have to define TRU? It's a TRU Thread.

Every time they discount a pre order it sucks.

Better?
Right...

A) Those were not the last two, since Injustice: Gods Among Us was also discounted and is pretty good / well recieved.

B) Games that get discounts on preorders mean nothing, since that is just something they do. Much like day 1 discounts.

C) A game based off a movie series and another game where they delayed review copies / released virtually no information about were never signs of the game being great.

With High Moon making it I have a feeling this will be good:

I enjoyed what they have made this generation:

• The Bourne Conspiracy
  • War for Cybertron
  • Fall of Cybertron
The Dark of the Moon was bad but you can tell they were told to quickly throw it together to go with the movie.  So I don't fault them for that.  So I will be grabbing this, just not sure if from TRU or BBY (since I have credit at BBY most likely there)

game looks fun but im truly gonna wait for it to drop below $20, I dont think thats gonna take too long
I dunno the price point is nice at $49.99 and both Transformer games tended to stay MSRP for a long time (I believe I picked Fall used since the price wouldn't fall) that and this has a fairly popular Marvel Character. Depending on reviews this might take a while to drop

had a $10 gift card from when i picked up my Sweet Tooth RC[ so sexy ]

came out to $30, looks fun, I'll prolly finish it n flip it to BestBuy within a week

that X-force skin is exclusive to GS right?

25% off retail might as well be retail, I want confirmation the game is good.
same, gonna wait on the reviews and even if it does turn out well I'll probably won't buy unless it's $20ish or until my backlog is done and that alone will take 2 months at least

From what I've searched, not a lot of gameplay has been released. Here is a gameplay demo from E3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUq4HanbgF0

The gameplay doesn't look too bad (it's not DMC-style combat as it isn't flashy, but something more akin to God of War with some stealthiness added) and it looks to contain that humor from the Deadpool comics, so that's definitely a plus.

From what I've searched, not a lot of gameplay has been released. Here is a gameplay demo from E3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUq4HanbgF0

The gameplay doesn't look too bad (it's not DMC-style combat as it isn't flashy, but something more akin to God of War with some stealthiness added) and it looks to contain that humor from the Deadpool comics, so that's definitely a plus.
I HEAR STAR WARS IN THE BACKGROUND!?!?! WHAT IS IT?!??!!?!?

Hm having a pre-release sale on this does not paint a good picture for the game's quality. I'll definitely give it a rent though.

Edit: Saw the E3 gameplay. Looks decent but not a purchase for me.

I'm sure it will receive good scores, but like others my backlog is pretty big and getting bigger by the day. Most likely it will be discounted on Black Friday, and that's when Ill buy my copy.

Just ordered a copy after watching the launch trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1R2yxJHaD0

I considered ordering from Gamestop for the pre-order stuff but I decided I'd rather save $10.
Thanks for the heads up, OP!

With High Moon making it I have a feeling this will be good:

I enjoyed what they have made this generation:

• The Bourne Conspiracy
  • War for Cybertron
  • Fall of Cybertron
The Dark of the Moon was bad but you can tell they were told to quickly throw it together to go with the movie. So I don't fault them for that. So I will be grabbing this, just not sure if from TRU or BBY (since I have credit at BBY most likely there)

There you would be wrong the dialogue in this game especially the beginning is horrendous.

i ended up canceling my preorder and trading a few games to get this...the game is decent, but it is NOT High Moon's best work.  I would not compare this game to the Cybertron games.

i ended up canceling my preorder and trading a few games to get this...the game is decent, but it is NOT High Moon's best work. I would not compare this game to the Cybertron games.
Is it anything like the Wolverine Origins game from a few years back? I know it's not the same developer, but the combat looks similar.

Just watched Hulk vs Wolverine movie and now I want this game lol, looks like deal is dead tho :cry:

TRU backorder on this. I'm on the fence about cancelling my preorder. If it doesn't ship in the next couple of days I will probably end up cancelling it.

So to the people who bought the game, what do you think?

I loved it the whole way through, but the replay value is seriously lacking - in fact, I limited myself to using/buying ONLY the swords, pistols and shotgun just so I'll have other weapons to enjoy on later playthroughs. I found hilarious that everytime a character showed up to spew some exposition about the story, Deadpool simply zoned out and deprived us of all of the story tidbits - though I admit that I would prefer it if the sequel (which will probably never happen) actually HAD a story.

I'm afraid that the appeal for the game might be limited. Deadpool isn't a very well-known character anyway, and even his most hardcore fans were split down the middle about whether or not they would even buy this since Daniel Way is the writer. My hope is that the sequel (which again, probably won't even get made) would be written by Dugan and Posehn. They've expressed interest in this one in interviews, though they said by the time Marvel hired them the game was already in development with Way onboard.

All in all, I'd say that if you're the type of person who enjoyed Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard then you'll enjoy this as well.

to me it seems lollipop chainsawish fun to play not game of the year not going to blow most people away but fun and enjoyable.. not that ive played it since TRU cant ship it to someone WTF! but from trailers and gameplay videos i get the LC feels. Plus for me its Deadpool. Now if i could just get a Nightwing Game.

So to the people who bought the game, what do you think?

I loved it the whole way through, but the replay value is seriously lacking - in fact, I limited myself to using/buying ONLY the swords, pistols and shotgun just so I'll have other weapons to enjoy on later playthroughs. I found hilarious that everytime a character showed up to spew some exposition about the story, Deadpool simply zoned out and deprived us of all of the story tidbits - though I admit that I would prefer it if the sequel (which will probably never happen) actually HAD a story.

I'm afraid that the appeal for the game might be limited. Deadpool isn't a very well-known character anyway, and even his most hardcore fans were split down the middle about whether or not they would even buy this since Daniel Way is the writer. My hope is that the sequel (which again, probably won't even get made) would be written by Dugan and Posehn. They've expressed interest in this one in interviews, though they said by the time Marvel hired them the game was already in development with Way onboard.

All in all, I'd say that if you're the type of person who enjoyed Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard then you'll enjoy this as well.
I am enjoying it. Though I have to say that I am utilizing the DP farming method so I will have all the upgrades unlocked after the tutorial mission so I will only have my 1 playthrough on hard needed.

I will say that this game seemed to be short but it is mindless fun hack n slash type game play.

bread's done
Back