CAG to make major announcement at this year's E3 Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I've been keeping something quiet (for the most part) for a while now and E3 is the perfect opportunity to spill the beans.

Look for the big announcement next week.

If you somehow already know...:whistle2:# :whistle2:$

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']You're pregnant?[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it. That's what I get for sleeping in.

The announcement is that Cheapy was bought out by Buy Rite Games. We'll keep posting deals, but there's no guarentee as to whether or not they'll show up on the board.

[quote name='evilmax17']Who'd you sell it to cheapy?

RIP CAG
...we hardly knew ye :cry: [/QUOTE]

Only took 3 replies to hear the usual response....lol

Hmm...The Plot Thickens

I look forward to hearing the good news, especially all the while having a seizure from all the rest of the E3 goodies

I honestly have no idea what it is, but I have a few logical guesses:

CAG Store
-As far as I know, there's no way to get the CAG tshirt (assuming there are any left). Still waiting on a CAG baseball cap too cheapy! My ATHF one is getting dirty and worn out, and I'll be in the market for a new hat soon. Git ta printin'!

New affiliation with gaming news site
-Something along the lines of IGN or Gamespot. I'm less convinced that this'll happen, but who knows! CAGs been getting props from various media outlets, so Cheapy could have a little more pull than you might expect. Who knows.

Return of VGD or VGD reborn as CAG Game Store
-I can see CAG openning up a small store to sell games. VGD basically served as the CAG store while it was open, so maybe. If not, then hustle up defender! Reopen VGD already!

More coupon codes with online retailers
-CAGs various media mentions might get us more coupons.

Those are my unofficial guesses. Place your bets!

CAG was sold to OCP. Now it's going to be called Cheap Ass Game Concepts.

robo2pwned.jpg

Nobody bothered to read the fine print when signing up here, and now under legal, binding contract as of May 15th we are all his "bitches."

the only thing i could really guess on a serious note would be that cheapy is having a baby (well, not him...his wife)...but im not sure why he'd wait til e3 to tell us that, if it were true

[quote name='Doylerulez']Requiring paid membership since we should have saved enough money by now to afford it? Nahhhh[/QUOTE]

id be curious to see how many people would stay if that were to ever happen...i know i would

Cheapy finally earns enough from the affiliate programs to quit his day job and work on CAG full time. Also, as a member of the press he will start getting copies of games in advance for review purposes. Soon, there will be a spin-off CAGazine published, either monthly or bi-monthly.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']id rather have toaster strudels :evil:[/QUOTE]

I suppose you'd also like to work from the comfort of your own home and receive your paycheck direct deposit, right? Oh, you already do?! Well, excuse me. . .

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']I suppose you'd also like to work from the comfort of your own home and receive your paycheck direct deposit, right? Oh, you already do?! Well, excuse me. . .[/QUOTE]

HUH?! Me too! I wanna work from home! :D

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']I suppose you'd also like to work from the comfort of your own home and receive your paycheck direct deposit, right? Oh, you already do?! Well, excuse me. . .[/QUOTE]

:lol: I actually don't work from the comfort of my own home...but i do receive direct deposit...so HA!

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']Hopefully it will be good news, this site is like my health club in relation to my gaming.[/QUOTE]

I like that....

the new reformed GHC.... for men.

I am not only the president I am a customer....

I think it either has to be an online retail business or a label via which he publishes cheapass indie games, a la gbadev.org. Probably the former.

I know the secret! CheapyD is going to hook us up with a sweet deal on all the nextgen systems, then grow out his hair and star in his own game:

The Chronicles of CheapyD: Return to the Bargin Bin.

Also,
he will sell us beer and drugs at a discount price.

AND WOMEN!

Cheapy will reveal that he led an army of CAGers in the carrying out of Project Mayhem, which results in the resetting of all retail price of games to $0.01 with zero casualty (except for Robert Paulson) . :twisted:

after much petitioning to the federal government, CAG is now an officially recognized religion, which means we dont have to pay taxes on anything bought through this site Hazah!

[quote name='evilmax17']I honestly have no idea what it is, but I have a few logical guesses:

Return of VGD or VGD reborn as CAG Game Store
-I can see CAG openning up a small store to sell games. VGD basically served as the CAG store while it was open, so maybe. If not, then hustle up defender! Reopen VGD already!

[/QUOTE]

That is my guess as well.

"We no longer support the tactics some of our members use to get cheap games and we fully support EA and its choice to make retail game prices $60 to $70 on next generation consoles!"

[quote name='Quackzilla']At E3?

Or just during E3?[/QUOTE]Both. I'm going to yell it out really loud on the show floor. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back