Photo
* * * * * 20 votes

Anime Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

Anime

• Please log in to reply
7402 replies to this topic

#3301 zulux21

zulux21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:05 AM

To those that have ordered from the Funimation shop. How is there packaging like? For a single blu-ray item, do they stuff it in a bubble envelope? Or use those cardboard fold outs like Rightstuf?

Also do they ship their product early like Rightstuf does?

I've only ordered from them once, and I can't remember what they sent my items in packaging wise. All I know is my anime arrived in fine shape around a week or so after I ordered it (I got oh edo rocket and corpse princess when they were on sale for $10 per part a long time ago)

#3302 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

My Lost Girl shipped yesterday, so I will let you know when I get it.

#3303 theMixxer

theMixxer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

I was looking around Funimation's shop for some filler to maybe add so I could get free shipping on the Season 4 and Season 5 DBZ Blu-ray's and noticed that a few things were on sale. I'm not sure how these prices stack up historically but I figured I'd post a few that caught my eye.

Strike Witches Season 1 S.A.V.E. Blu-ray $13.74
http://shop.funimati...ss?itemid=81835

Strike Witches Season 2 S.A.V.E. Blu-ray $13.74
http://shop.funimati...ss?itemid=83957

Cat Planet Cuties Complete Series S.A.V.E. Blu-ray (preorder) $13.74
http://shop.funimati...ss?itemid=84581

Shangri-la Complete Series S.A.V.E. DVD (preorder) $12.99
http://shop.funimati...ss?itemid=84582

I hope those links work since I'm posting from my phone.

#3304 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

I was looking around Funimation's shop for some filler to maybe add so I could get free shipping on the Season 4 and Season 5 DBZ Blu-ray's and noticed that a few things were on sale. I'm not sure how these prices stack up historically but I figured I'd post a few that caught my eye.

Strike Witches Season 1 S.A.V.E. Blu-ray $13.74
http://shop.funimati...ss?itemid=81835

Strike Witches Season 2 S.A.V.E. Blu-ray $13.74
http://shop.funimati...ss?itemid=83957

Cat Planet Cuties Complete Series S.A.V.E. Blu-ray (preorder) $13.74
http://shop.funimati...ss?itemid=84581

Shangri-la Complete Series S.A.V.E. DVD (preorder) $12.99
http://shop.funimati...ss?itemid=84582

I hope those links work since I'm posting from my phone.

These are the cheapest on Funimation atm since they are part of their "Deals" selection, so the prices are pretty good.

The Blu-ray sets listed are all supposed to be Blu/DVD sets, but for some reason it doesn't specify that on the Season 1 listing title, but it is in the details format at the bottom.

You would think they would have that listed in the title for their own site, but ya, they didn't, so just be aware.

I may just end up ordering it from the site and paying shipping since I can't seem to find anything to add that I don't already own/or for a good price, which is still a pretty good deal since it doesn't appear Amazon is going to match it.

The response to the price match I got from Amazon was that I should try to use my wishlist to check on items that are out of stock so I'll know when they come back in stock.  Yeah, that was helpful. @_@

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#3305 theMixxer

theMixxer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:45 PM

These are the cheapest on Funimation atm since they are part of their "Deals" selection, so the prices are pretty good.

The Blu-ray sets listed are all supposed to be Blu/DVD sets, but for some reason it doesn't specify that on the Season 1 listing title, but it is in the details format at the bottom.

You would think they would have that listed in the title for their own site, but ya, they didn't, so just be aware.

I may just end up ordering it from the site and paying shipping since I can't seem to find anything to add that I don't already own/or for a good price, which is still a pretty good deal since it doesn't appear Amazon is going to match it.

The response to the price match I got from Amazon was that I should try to use my wishlist to check on items that are out of stock so I'll know when they come back in stock. Yeah, that was helpful. @_@

Well I went ahead and added both Strike Witches seasons to get free shipping on the DBZ's so I'll know soon enough whether or not they include the DVDs. lol

#3306 Gurren Lagann

Gurren Lagann

Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:30 PM

Anyone here recommend getting fist of the north star complete tv series for $80.xx at rightstuf.com? I know if I buy it'll most likely wind up on the shelf and collect dust for awhile before I get to it and start watching it.
Posted Image

#3307 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

Assuming I am looking at the right one, Amazon has it for $140 and 3rd party for $99.

#3308 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

Anyone here recommend getting fist of the north star complete tv series for $80.xx at rightstuf.com? I know if I buy it'll most likely wind up on the shelf and collect dust for awhile before I get to it and start watching it.

Thats about what $20 bucks per set if comparing the 4 split sets they previous release.  Maybe it's just me but I find that Discotek & Eastern Star stuff rarely go on sale.  I've been waiting a couple of years now on trying to get that last set for or under $30.  But it's the final arc which isn't the best in terms of quality anyway, so I'm in no hurry.

I say if your a fan, then yes.  It's going to sit on your shelf for collecting dust when your watching it anyway, 21 discs is a long long marathon.  Just looked at some pics of it on Amazon, that case is huge.

#3309 theMixxer

theMixxer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

Wow, that was quick; received my shipment from Funimation yesterday evening after ordering it the morning prior. I guess that's one benefit of living on the other side of town from Funimation. lol

So I figure I'd clarify a few things since Amazon isn't going to price match the Funimation sale. 1) Items ship as they are available. So, in my order, I had two preorders (DBZ Seasons 4 & 5) and two items that were already available. The available items shipped, and the remaining preorders will ship once they receive them. 2) Despite only being 2 Blu-rays to be shipped, they packaged them in a nicely padded box. This is a welcome change of pace compared to Amazon, who seem hell-bent on shipping everything in an envelope that'll look battle-worn by the time it arrives in my mailbox. 3) Yes, those Strike Witches seasons are Blu-ray & DVD even though their pages don't really clarify. Yay value!

All in all, a surprisingly good experience from Funimation's store. This thread has helped get me back into buying anime so I wanted to give my contribution, even if it's only an anecdote!

Also, I may bite on that Fist of the North Star collection. I've always wanted to do a marathon re-watch of it. I hope the video quality is good enough. Still have flashbacks of the Galaxy Express 999 DVD release. @_@

#3310 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:32 PM

Wow, that was quick; received my shipment from Funimation yesterday evening after ordering it the morning prior. I guess that's one benefit of living on the other side of town from Funimation. lol

So I figure I'd clarify a few things since Amazon isn't going to price match the Funimation sale. 1) Items ship as they are available. So, in my order, I had two preorders (DBZ Seasons 4 & 5) and two items that were already available. The available items shipped, and the remaining preorders will ship once they receive them. 2) Despite only being 2 Blu-rays to be shipped, they packaged them in a nicely padded box. This is a welcome change of pace compared to Amazon, who seem hell-bent on shipping everything in an envelope that'll look battle-worn by the time it arrives in my mailbox. 3) Yes, those Strike Witches seasons are Blu-ray & DVD even though their pages don't really clarify. Yay value!

All in all, a surprisingly good experience from Funimation's store. This thread has helped get me back into buying anime so I wanted to give my contribution, even if it's only an anecdote!

Also, I may bite on that Fist of the North Star collection. I've always wanted to do a marathon re-watch of it. I hope the video quality is good enough. Still have flashbacks of the Galaxy Express 999 DVD release. @_@

If Amazon hadn't price matched by now they wouldn't do it anyways, so not surprised.

Good to know about the way they pack their items though, so that's good.

And on those SAVE sets I was actually noting it to people that they don't have to be afraid that they don't come with it because I knew for a fact that they do, so was trying to make sure people knew what they were getting even though their own website wasn't very clear about it. ;D

Glad to hear you're happy with your Funi purchase though.

#3311 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

Kind of a bummer Amazon isn't matching the sale, wanna get the DBZ seasons 4 and 5 with credit :/

659629.png?68329996

#3312 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

Got PsychoPass in and the box isn't as bad as I was led to believe. Sure, the cases are a bit snug, but nowhere near the catastrophe everybody made it look like.

#3313 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

Well you got lucky with yours.If I put the cases in mine then I have to shake the box pretty hard to get the cases loose.

#3314 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:03 PM

I still have to shake the case, but not that much more than any of my Power Rangers sets or most of my thinpak sets.

I will say that the keychain holder is nicer than the actual keychain itself.

#3315 Mry087

Mry087

Cheap Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:06 PM

did they charge you right away for your preorders? Couldn't find the info on the funi site.

#3316 theMixxer

theMixxer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:13 AM

did they charge you right away for your preorders? Couldn't find the info on the funi site.

There's still a pending authorization on my card for the entire order, so I am just assuming they charge right away for preorders since they weren't specifically separated out from the rest of the order.

#3317 jbug617

jbug617

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:17 AM

Aniplex US is putting out the Persona 3 movie on Bluray for the US. Comes in a Collectors Edition and Standard. Preorders start 4/7

Collectors Edition include

Collector's Edition Exclusive Bonus Materials
Original Soundtrack CD (Including the theme song "More Than One Heart"by Yumi Kawamura)
Exclusive Box Art by Keisuke Watabe (Character Designer/Animation Director)
Newly Illustrated Cover Art
48-page Deluxe Booklet
10 Super P3 Stickers
4 Key Art Illustration Cards

#3318 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:36 AM

Shame it has to be Aniplex.Hopefully we get a dub down the line at least.

#3319 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:45 AM

The bonus content isn't even sub.  

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#3320 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:42 AM

Incoming $80 for a 91 minute movie set.

Preemptive thanks to Aniplex, oh happy days! ~ ~

#3321 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:10 AM

Aniplex US is putting out the Persona 3 movie on Bluray for the US. Comes in a Collectors Edition and Standard. Preorders start 4/7

■Original Soundtrack CD (Including the theme song "More Than One Heart"by Yumi Kawamura)
■Exclusive Box Art by Keisuke Watabe (Character Designer/Animation Director)
■Newly Illustrated Cover Art
■ 48-page Deluxe Booklet
■10 Super P3 Stickers
■4 Key Art Illustration Cards

It's an Import Edition though. I'm going to hold out for an English Dub. But because I am a huge fan of the series, and if there is no other alternative, I'll go through the expensive Aniplex route. -__-

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3322 neoz

neoz

I Know Kung Fu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:17 AM

Original Soundtrack CD (Including the theme song "More Than One Heart"by Yumi Kawamura)
Exclusive Box Art by Keisuke Watabe (Character Designer/Animation Director)
Newly Illustrated Cover Art
48-page Deluxe Booklet
10 Super P3 Stickers
4 Key Art Illustration Cards

I wouldn't mind getting this but Aniplex titles are so exspensive. And the fact that no one other then Rightstuf and the AoA sell the titles makes it a pain as well. Sucks that AoA won't license the rights to sell to other companys.

#3323 theMixxer

theMixxer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

■Original Soundtrack CD (Including the theme song "More Than One Heart"by Yumi Kawamura)
■ 48-page Deluxe Booklet
■10 Super P3 Stickers

I really want this, but now that I think about it I also really liked the dub from the games. Knowing this will be way too expensive I think I'm just going to wait and see with this one. How likely is this to get a dub release down the line (and how likely will it be dubbed by the original game's cast? :P)?

#3324 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

When Japanese companies stop pretending that America = Japan.

#3325 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

■ 48-page Deluxe Booklet
■10 Super P3 Stickers

Ugh this is brutal. I'm not a huge anime fan but I've been looking forward to this one. No way I'll pay $60/$80 though

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
C90d2eO.png7WPdXq9.png2q1uoso.jpg

#3326 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:14 PM

Hellsing Ultimate 1-4 Blu Ray is 24.99 on Amazon right now

http://www.amazon.co...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I think its been above 30 for a while now on amazon.

Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#3327 Mry087

Mry087

Cheap Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:45 PM

I decided to hold off on the dbz blus for now. I have a feeling funi is going to have them on sale at this price again any way.

#3328 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

I decided to hold off on the dbz blus for now. I have a feeling funi is going to have them on sale at this price again any way.

Yeah, and maybe then Amazon will PM!

/wishfulthinking :cry:

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3329 refusedchaos

refusedchaos

Here comes the lewd!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

Hellsing Ultimate 1-4 Blu Ray is 24.99 on Amazon right now

http://www.amazon.co...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I think its been above 30 for a while now on amazon.

Was a buck less during the month of December. Hoping it goes now a little bit more. I'm in no rush since we don't have the complete series yet.

Join Points2Shop and get ANYTHING you want from Amazon!!!! (i have gotten $77, 5 PS3 games and 3 anime boxset so far!!!!!)

#3330 albel005

albel005

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

Does anyone know that if Funimation charges your card right way for pre orders. Or is it like normal and wait till it ships. Gonna hop on the DBZ blu-ray deal