Photo
* * * * * 20 votes

Anime Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

Anime

• Please log in to reply
7334 replies to this topic

#961 ssjChris

ssjChris

OH MY GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

Eureka Seven AO: Part 1 will be a Lightning Deal (Countdown to Black Friday) on Amazon at 12:20PM PST / 3:20PM Eastern.

I am not sure how low it will go.

I heard this anime wasn't as good as the original. Has anyone here seen it yet?

#962 refluxx

refluxx

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

http://www.rightstuf...e/main/holiday/

Am I missing something, or are most of those items full price?

EDIT:

Maybe they are still setting the prices?  :joystick:

Currently watching: Sword Art Online II, Mushi-shi 

Last show watched: From the New World (Shin Sekai Yori)

Currently playing: Tales of Xillia 2
Smileyman063.png

#963 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

http://www.rightstuf...e/main/holiday/

Am I missing something, or are most of those items full price?

No, you're not insane, but they may be possibly. @_@

I mean the pre-12+ sale are usually so-so, but even this is a bit too much.

Maybe they are still setting the prices?  :joystick:

I certainly hope so.  It doesn't appear they've announced the sale on any of their social media places, which they ALWAYS do, so they may just be getting things prepared still, but I think this has been up since last Thursday, since the next two waves also start on Thursday, so irono. *shrug*

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#964 refluxx

refluxx

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

No, you're not insane, but they may be possibly. @_@

I mean the pre-12+ sale are usually so-so, but even this is a bit too much.

I certainly hope so.  It doesn't appear they've announced the sale on any of their social media places, which they ALWAYS do, so they may just be getting things prepared still, but I think this has been up since last Thursday, since the next two waves also start on Thursday, so irono. *shrug*

Haha, good!

Well if it has been up since Thursday, then this might be the world's crappiest anime sale.

Smileyman063.png

#965 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

Haha, good!

Yeah I think their prices are still not set or something. Considering almost all of it is full retail price.

If you actually click on some of them, the prices are the sale prices, just not shown on the page.

The prices are as expected though, so-so.

Only thing worth mentioning is Elfen Lied for $20, but other than that it's all okay prices.  Nothing that hasn't already been lower during DD, and DVDPlanet sale these past few weeks, or at least for the Sentai titles.

Upon further inspection though there are some cheapies of series that have shown up for the past 2-3 holiday sales, so looks like they back in the sale again, for a bit lower again.

#966 refluxx

refluxx

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

If you actually click on some of them, the prices are the sale prices, just not shown on the page.

You know whats funny? I did that literally 10 minutes ago and it still showed full retail for the items I checked. Well, at least now we know they aren't going crazy!  :dunce:

Smileyman063.png

#967 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

Rightstuf Holiday Countdown Sale Begins

Wave 1:

Threw the list into its own thread since there's just so much to list every year, and there's just too many people for that sale alone usually in these threads.

#968 midlifecrisisMkII

midlifecrisisMkII

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

Thanks for posting the prices Squarehard.

I thought Arakawa Under the Bridge holiday bundle was an ok price.  The blu for $28.50 each doesn't seem that bad.  I don't think I've ever seen a NISA anime release (standard edition) go for under $35.  Have there been better sales on NISA titles?

#969 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for posting the prices Squarehard.

I thought Arakawa Under the Bridge holiday bundle was an ok price.  The blu for $28.50 each doesn't seem that bad.  I don't think I've ever seen a NISA anime release (standard edition) go for under $35.  Have there been better sales on NISA titles?

It's usually around the $30 to $35 prices, so if you want to gauge price that way, although the NISA titles that are usually $30 and above have been the LE/PE editions, so the regular sets have been relatively cheaper in recent years since the LE/PE sets have been discontinued for many of them.  But like you said, even the previous year the standard edition haven't been that cheap, but they just started, so maybe it's a trend. ;D

#970 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

Tempted to get Aria, Early Reins, and Sol Bianca.

#971 midlifecrisisMkII

midlifecrisisMkII

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

It's usually around the $30 to $35 prices, so if you want to gauge price that way, although the NISA titles that are usually $30 and above have been the LE/PE editions, so the regular sets have been relatively cheaper in recent years since the LE/PE sets have been discontinued for many of them.  But like you said, even the previous year the standard edition haven't been that cheap, but they just started, so maybe it's a trend. ;D

Thanks for the reply.  I really would like to buy more of their titles, but CAG in me cringes a little when I see the prices.  I'll have to see what the rest of the sale brings.

#972 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

A few decent prices here, but mostly average. I've been wanting to pick up Oreimo 1-4 since I read the scanlations before the series was licensed for US. $5.50 per volume is the best I've seen anywhere.

Are these one day only prices or do previous day sales continue through to the end?

#973 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

A few decent prices here, but mostly average. I've been wanting to pick up Oreimo 1-4 since I read the scanlations before the series was licensed for US. $5.50 per volume is the best I've seen anywhere.

Are these one day only prices or do previous day sales continue through to the end?

To the end, but stock is always hit or miss, so just make sure to keep track of the counter if it appears.  Usually appears once it hits below 100 quantity.

#974 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

To the end, but stock is always hit or miss, so just make sure to keep track of the counter if it appears.  Usually appears once it hits below 100 quantity.

Thanks! I'll wait for wave 3 before ordering anything. Even then it may be worth it to wait for the real holiday sale.

#975 HakaHina

HakaHina

Glasses God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

Has Amazon ever been known to pricematch Rightstuf items?
Posted Image

#976 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

Eureka Seven AO Part 1 is $26 at Amazon.. Not bad even if it isn't the LE.

Shakugan no Shana the Movie and Fairy Tail Collection 2 will go on sale tomorrow, with Summer Wars on the 21st.

#977 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

Has Amazon ever been known to pricematch Rightstuf items?

Rarely, especially during this sale season.

Amazon tends to stick with their own anime sales that go up around Black Friday, and they seem content enough with those.

#978 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

Tempted on Queen's Blade 3: Rebellion Blu-ray.. but it still seems a little high.. however, this is the lowest I've ever seen it. Any QB fans here? I really liked the first 2 series, but this one has all new characters. Anyone here have an opinion on it?

#979 awesometown

awesometown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

Eureka Seven AO Part 1 is $26 at Amazon.. Not bad even if it isn't the LE.

Shakugan no Shana the Movie and Fairy Tail Collection 2 will go on sale tomorrow, with Summer Wars on the 21st.

Awesome. I probably pick up Summer Wars finally.

#980 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

Tempted on Queen's Blade 3: Rebellion Blu-ray.. but it still seems a little high.. however, this is the lowest I've ever seen it. Any QB fans here? I really liked the first 2 series, but this one has all new characters. Anyone here have an opinion on it?

It is OK. The conclusion is pretty rushed and some of the fetishes get really Narmy, especially when a certain armor is made.

#981 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

Great price on the first season of Aria.hopefully they got a sale on their Dirty Pair sets in the later waves.

#982 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

I would love to have Dirty Pair on sale...but it would most likely be those ugly-as-sin Litebox sets instead of the very nice-looking thinpak sets.

#983 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

It lacks everything that made season 1 and 2 great. 

gt+Atheist+don+t+believe+in+anything+rel

#984 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:42 AM

Thinking of getting arakawa under the bridge bundle, but the fact that only one set is premium edition is making me weary. Any thoughts on how good of a deal this is, or if we'll see something better for the 12+ days?

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#985 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:23 AM

Thinking of getting arakawa under the bridge bundle, but the fact that only one set is premium edition is making me weary. Any thoughts on how good of a deal this is, or if we'll see something better for the 12+ days?

You probably won't see it show up again during this year's sales. I can't think of any time they ran additional sales on the stuff in the presale (since those prices run the whole time).

As for opinions, I've saved it in my cart but there'd have to be little else for me from this sale in order to get me to pull the trigger on it.

#986 NewportBox100s

NewportBox100s

It's Gucci! BURR!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:20 AM

It's DBZ on Blu Ray . I'm happy .

#987 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:51 AM

This is the only time of year that they have NIS anime on sale,so if you want it now is the time.

#988 awesometown

awesometown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

This is the only time of year that they have NIS anime on sale,so if you want it now is the time.

You think the Toradora DVD sets will be on sale then on one of these waves?

#989 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

I remember them being on sale last year so there is chance.

#990 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

Thanks for all the opinions everyone.

It lacks everything that made season 1 and 2 great. 

That was what I was afraid of. There's other series I want out there, so I'll most likely hold off.