Max Payne 3 Xbox 360 $9.99 at Newegg.com Today only (3 PM PT) (NOW LIVE)

James Teaney

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
At 3 PM Pacific Time today only, Max Payne 3 will be a shell shocker deal priced at $9.99 for 3 hours. This is for the Xbox 360 version only as far as I can tell, however the PC and PS3 versions may be available. No promises on the PC or PS3 version availability.

*Sorry for the misinformation. The deal starts at 3 PM PT and ends at 6 PM PT. Thanks to AndrewCounty for pointing that out.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874161010

Last edited by a moderator:
So does this mean the inevitable GOTY is coming soon or what?
I don't know anything about the series but I thought I heard this game flopped. Probably just trying to dump inventory.

For people knowledgable about this game, is it good and do you need to have played the first two to jump in here?

Its a great game IMO. You don't need to have played the first 2 to understand this one. Worth $10 without a doubt. Really enjoyed the story.

Would pick up if it were for PS3. I already have it on 360 but am slowly switching my collection over, because screw Microsoft

I picked it up from BBY for 9 bucks used a few weeks ago. It's ok, you don't need to play previous Max Payne games. I didn't really care for the story and the bullet time dodging got a little stale.

Terrific game. Much Better than the piece of horseshit that was la noire.

No, la noire was good. But I was more engaged with the characters, the story and the action of max Payne 3.

I rented it once from Redbox and wasn't feeling it.  The story was good but the gameplay felt like I was just going through the motions to get to the next cutscene. 

But its very polished as far as I could tell and the voice acting was pretty good.  I don't think there's any doubt that its a good game and worth every penny of ten bucks; just not my cup of tea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've thought about the game but never broke down and bought it.  Another option for some of you may be Target.  It's $19.99 there and every Target I have been to still has it in bundles with GTA for that price.

Might jump on this if they have free shipping. I got to the end, but never finished it. I was playing Hitman: Absolution the other day, and I kinda wished I was playing this.

I rented it once from Redbox and wasn't feeling it. The story was good but the gameplay felt like I was just going through the motions to get to the next cutscene.

Felt the same way. Generic uninspired gameplay.

But its very polished as far as I could tell and the voice acting was pretty good. I don't think there's any doubt that its a good game and worth every penny of ten bucks; just not my cup of tea.

Picked up this game the other day at Target after price matching Amazon for ~$15. Glad this deal will at least get me back $5 since I'm not crazy about the shooting mechanics. I'm only somewhere in chapter 2 and I'm hoping the story picks up as well.

Thanks OP. The deal is still live. I was waiting for this to go on sale for $10. I missed out on the Kmart deal for $8 on BF but this is good enough.

Wish it was for the ps3. I liked the foray pc game and that's all I totally can say about it, but$10 for any game that's even 'ok' is a good deal.

Thanks op, picked one up. I'm not a big sp gamer but I got a friend who's coming home from Soith Korea next month and I'm sure he will put some hrs into it and I may give it a shot to kill some time.

bread's done
Back