Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

:wii: Pandora's Tower (Nintendo Wii) - $29.99 at Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.co.../B00B2QL2Y4/ref

#2 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

Awesome, awesome, awesome game. I'm about three towers in. This is the last of the three Project Rainfall releases.

Be aware that there are some glitches that freeze the game on the last three towers, 11-13. There are some work arounds, but they're not 100% reliable depending on the particular freeze you get. The publisher is still looking into it, but I seriously doubt the root cause will be found/100% workarounds figured out, and patching/new discs are out of the question.

I'm watching this board like a hawk.

http://xseedgames.co...M)-no-spoilers!

cagSig.png515886.png

#3 ich00

ich00

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

Thanks OP. I've been meaning to pick this up to add to my backlog, and for 30 bucks it's well worth it.

fs_overall.png

#4 Capitalism HOO

Capitalism HOO

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

I actually just checked my Quick Picks for the day and this was in it. I ended up pulling the trigger. Thanks for the heads up anyways. 

#5 captainenforcer

captainenforcer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

Well worth it, love this game. Don't forget to pick the other XSeed games for Wii. Even at Retail, they're a bargain.

#6 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

Is this a global pricedrop?

#7 _m_

_m_

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

I got in on this one, Thanks, OP.

#8 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Well worth it, love this game. Don't forget to pick the other XSeed games for Wii. Even at Retail, they're a bargain.

Last Story = A must buy.

That along w/ Xenoblade Chronicles (Nintendo published) was a solid 3 for Project Rainfall.

cagSig.png515886.png

#9 boylover

boylover

Vampire Killer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

Was about to post this. Not sure if I should wait for cheaper or not...

I actually just checked my Quick Picks for the day and this was in it. I ended up pulling the trigger. Thanks for the heads up anyways. 

Just checked and ended up seeing it in my Quick Picks too. Ended up buying. :-P

#10 plasmabeam

plasmabeam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

Awesome, been waiting for a pricedrop on this. Since my backlog's overloaded, I'll wait out another drop before I buy.

Not to panic anyone, but Walmart.com is OOS on PT ($36.60). Gamestop.com has it for $39.99.

No telling if this will become rare (especially considering The Last Story's reprint), but now seems like a good time to buy new if you're not feeling risky.

Check out my gaming blog Title Screen -- Updated DAILY

#11 ARsignal11

ARsignal11

Pirate King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

Awesome, been waiting for a pricedrop on this. Since my backlog's overloaded, I'll wait out another drop before I buy.

Not to panic anyone, but Walmart.com is OOS on PT ($36.60). Gamestop.com has it for $39.99.

No telling if this will become rare (especially considering The Last Story's reprint), but now seems like a good time to buy new if you're not feeling risky.

This is exactly how I feel.  I really want to pull the trigger, but the CAG in me is telling me to wait for another $10 off.  I do have $10 in Amazon credit to use, but I was planning to put that towards something else.  Will have to think about it.

#12 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

I wanted to play this so bad that I bought the import European version last year as I was convinced we would not see a NA release. I wanna pick up the localized version too but $30 seems just a tad too much. 20 and Ill probably bite.

Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#13 jlewski

jlewski

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:50 AM

Gonna pick this up thanks for sharing

#14 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:53 AM

Amazon has 999+ available. GS has it in stock online, though you can't check stock anymore, and in every store near by (though they're probably gutted) but their price is higher. I'm not worried about it going OoS anytime soon, but who knows if it'll be around long enough to drop.

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#15 marineal

marineal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:26 AM

$15 or bust. Game didn't even sell half its shipments. 

#16 Yoohoo1231

Yoohoo1231

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:58 AM

Almost as if they should have released it when the console was still alive!

#17 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:07 AM

I'm thinking the same thing. I think the price will start dropping more quickly now.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
T24ZDZQ.jpg2q1uoso.jpg

#18 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

This is exactly how I feel.  I really want to pull the trigger, but the CAG in me is telling me to wait for another $10 off.  I do have $10 in Amazon credit to use, but I was planning to put that towards something else.  Will have to think about it.

Yeah, considering I got Last Story $8 at Amazon and I still havent gotten past the beginning I'm not psyched at $30

3DS 3136-6780-8494
Wii U moothemagiccow
PSN moothemagiccow

#19 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:47 AM

Awesome, awesome, awesome game. I'm about three towers in. This is the last of the three Project Rainfall releases.

Be aware that there are some glitches that freeze the game on the last three towers, 11-13. There are some work arounds, but they're not 100% reliable depending on the particular freeze you get. The publisher is still looking into it, but I seriously doubt the root cause will be found/100% workarounds figured out, and patching/new discs are out of the question.

I'm watching this board like a hawk.

http://xseedgames.co...M)-no-spoilers!

Yes watch out for the glitch. I'm pretty sure I rebooted my Wii about 20-30 times in order to go to the Dust/Dawn towers. The only reason to go back to those towers are for the red doors and that place gives the best EXP imo. If you have experience this problem, I've used the shard of divinity to get around it.

My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#20 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

You would think that with the latest version released, they would have actually fixed previous bugs, instead of introducing brand new ones, as it appears has happened (correct me if I'm wrong).  In this regard, it sounds like the Euro version is the best one, so I may get that one as well.  Why are they looking into the problem, if they have no intention and no incentive to patch and re-release the game?

#21 plasmabeam

plasmabeam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

How long after The Last Story's release did it go on sale for $8?

Check out my gaming blog Title Screen -- Updated DAILY

#22 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

That's not really a good comparison, as that was a random sale price on Amazon that happened after midnight EST and sold out within hours.

But to answer your question, I think it was a few months after its August release (IIRC, the $8 price occurred in November?).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Flying Hamster HD; Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/7]:  :vita: Rayman Legends ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#23 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

That's not really a good comparison, as that was a random sale price on Amazon that happened after midnight EST and sold out within hours.

But to answer your question, I think it was a few months after its August release (IIRC, the $8 price occurred in November?).

Yea, it was a glitch. It was back to normal price quickly. I did get my copy at that price.

cagSig.png515886.png

#24 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

You are not your Xbox.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

Hmm.....

Posted Image

#25 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

Bought this from Amazon on May 25th. Would they refund me the $20 price difference?

oIi9lub.png

#26 gmsick

gmsick

SAY IT WITH YA CHEST

• Silenced

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

$15 or bust

#27 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

That's a no on the refund/credit. Oh well, you lives, you learns. (And I had that $20 credit from the recent trade-in offer to spend anyway.)

oIi9lub.png

#28 ismegamanthere

ismegamanthere

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

Game's not worth even close to $30. The first 2-3 hours are fun, but then it eventually hits you and then you realize that the whole game is just one giant chore. To add insult to injury, the characters are absolutely atrocious. Coming from someone who had this game preordered since day 1 and dropped the full $40 on it, I'd wait until a $15-$20 price point, it should probably get there pretty quickly.

Gamertag for... everything: ismegamanthere

#29 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

Just a heads up, Gamestop's new price is matched at this $29.99 point as well, used at $27.99.

#30 Solid Kilvas

Solid Kilvas

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

I didn't really like The Last Story or Xenoblade Chronicles, but I'm loving Pandor's Tower. Highly recommended.

Posted Image