Pandora's Tower (Nintendo Wii) - $29.99 at Amazon.com

Awesome, awesome, awesome game. I'm about three towers in. This is the last of the three Project Rainfall releases.

Be aware that there are some glitches that freeze the game on the last three towers, 11-13. There are some work arounds, but they're not 100% reliable depending on the particular freeze you get. The publisher is still looking into it, but I seriously doubt the root cause will be found/100% workarounds figured out, and patching/new discs are out of the question.

I'm watching this board like a hawk.

http://xseedgames.com/forums/showthread.php?3806-The-glitches-thread-(TM)-no-spoilers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually just checked my Quick Picks for the day and this was in it. I ended up pulling the trigger. Thanks for the heads up anyways. 

Well worth it, love this game. Don't forget to pick the other XSeed games for Wii. Even at Retail, they're a bargain.
Last Story = A must buy.

That along w/ Xenoblade Chronicles (Nintendo published) was a solid 3 for Project Rainfall.

Was about to post this. Not sure if I should wait for cheaper or not...

I actually just checked my Quick Picks for the day and this was in it. I ended up pulling the trigger. Thanks for the heads up anyways.
Just checked and ended up seeing it in my Quick Picks too. Ended up buying. :p

Awesome, been waiting for a pricedrop on this. Since my backlog's overloaded, I'll wait out another drop before I buy.

Not to panic anyone, but Walmart.com is OOS on PT ($36.60). Gamestop.com has it for $39.99.

No telling if this will become rare (especially considering The Last Story's reprint), but now seems like a good time to buy new if you're not feeling risky.

Awesome, been waiting for a pricedrop on this. Since my backlog's overloaded, I'll wait out another drop before I buy.

Not to panic anyone, but Walmart.com is OOS on PT ($36.60). Gamestop.com has it for $39.99.

No telling if this will become rare (especially considering The Last Story's reprint), but now seems like a good time to buy new if you're not feeling risky.
This is exactly how I feel. I really want to pull the trigger, but the CAG in me is telling me to wait for another $10 off. I do have $10 in Amazon credit to use, but I was planning to put that towards something else. Will have to think about it.

I wanted to play this so bad that I bought the import European version last year as I was convinced we would not see a NA release. I wanna pick up the localized version too but $30 seems just a tad too much. 20 and Ill probably bite.

Amazon has 999+ available. GS has it in stock online, though you can't check stock anymore, and in every store near by (though they're probably gutted) but their price is higher. I'm not worried about it going OoS anytime soon, but who knows if it'll be around long enough to drop.

This is exactly how I feel. I really want to pull the trigger, but the CAG in me is telling me to wait for another $10 off. I do have $10 in Amazon credit to use, but I was planning to put that towards something else. Will have to think about it.
Yeah, considering I got Last Story $8 at Amazon and I still havent gotten past the beginning I'm not psyched at $30

Awesome, awesome, awesome game. I'm about three towers in. This is the last of the three Project Rainfall releases.

Be aware that there are some glitches that freeze the game on the last three towers, 11-13. There are some work arounds, but they're not 100% reliable depending on the particular freeze you get. The publisher is still looking into it, but I seriously doubt the root cause will be found/100% workarounds figured out, and patching/new discs are out of the question.

I'm watching this board like a hawk.

http://xseedgames.com/forums/showthread.php?3806-The-glitches-thread-(TM)-no-spoilers!
Yes watch out for the glitch. I'm pretty sure I rebooted my Wii about 20-30 times in order to go to the Dust/Dawn towers. The only reason to go back to those towers are for the red doors and that place gives the best EXP imo. If you have experience this problem, I've used the shard of divinity to get around it.

You would think that with the latest version released, they would have actually fixed previous bugs, instead of introducing brand new ones, as it appears has happened (correct me if I'm wrong).  In this regard, it sounds like the Euro version is the best one, so I may get that one as well.  Why are they looking into the problem, if they have no intention and no incentive to patch and re-release the game?

How long after The Last Story's release did it go on sale for $8?
That's not really a good comparison, as that was a random sale price on Amazon that happened after midnight EST and sold out within hours.

But to answer your question, I think it was a few months after its August release (IIRC, the $8 price occurred in November?).

How long after The Last Story's release did it go on sale for $8?
That's not really a good comparison, as that was a random sale price on Amazon that happened after midnight EST and sold out within hours.

But to answer your question, I think it was a few months after its August release (IIRC, the $8 price occurred in November?).
Yea, it was a glitch. It was back to normal price quickly. I did get my copy at that price.

That's a no on the refund/credit. Oh well, you lives, you learns. (And I had that $20 credit from the recent trade-in offer to spend anyway.)

Game's not worth even close to $30. The first 2-3 hours are fun, but then it eventually hits you and then you realize that the whole game is just one giant chore. To add insult to injury, the characters are absolutely atrocious. Coming from someone who had this game preordered since day 1 and dropped the full $40 on it, I'd wait until a $15-$20 price point, it should probably get there pretty quickly.

I also noticed it's $22.27 used "like new" from Amazon Warehouse Deals, also FSSS eligible of course.

bread's done
Back