GameStop

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#31 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:08 AM

with my 10$ pur used game coupon, birthday coupon and 10% off a used fc3 would be under 6$, im in !

According to my math, via MS Calculator, it'd be $2.96 before tax after those 3 discounts.  So way under $6 even with NY/CA tax.

#32 malcomwilk

malcomwilk

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

you fail me yet again gamestop...(transformers reference)  but thank you for posting good sir.

#33 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

Assuming the used prices drop accordingly, I might finally have something to use my PUR B2G1 coupon on: Far Cry 3, Ass Creed 3, and Angry Birds for the little guy.

#34 CAGMoose

CAGMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:03 AM

Assassin's Creed III is tempting. Does it have an online pass for the multiplayer? I actually love multiplayer for the AC games and would buy a used copy if it doesn't.

I have a few extra online passes. PM me if you pick it up and need one. 

#35 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:42 AM

with my 10$ pur used game coupon, birthday coupon and 10% off a used fc3 would be under 6$, im in !

According to my math, via MS Calculator, it'd be $2.96 before tax after those 3 discounts.  So way under $6 even with NY/CA tax.

remember, used it should be 17.99 by the 19th. the 10$ comes off first, the 20% off second and then the 10% pur. the discounts come off separate so its gonna be more than what you calculated
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#36 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:02 AM

hmm...wonder if BB will pricematch Far Cry 3?  I picked it up at Target during the $19.99 Amazon mistake but wouldnt mind PMing at BB so I can get RZ points and then return the Target copy as its still sealed.

1. Why didn't you just PM at BBY in the first place?
2. The gas for a trip to Target, then BBY, then time to do the PM, just for the RZ points? Does not compute.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#37 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

not to mention if you use credit then you dont get the measly 20 rz points anyway. if using cash why not just go straight to gamestop instead of price matching ?
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#38 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Here's Corgi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

I really hope the used priced drops as well, I locked my trade into Amazon. I have been wanting to play this game for awhile and being able to make a couple dollars profit to use towards a PS4 preorder.

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#39 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

hmm...wonder if BB will pricematch Far Cry 3?  I picked it up at Target during the $19.99 Amazon mistake but wouldnt mind PMing at BB so I can get RZ points and then return the Target copy as its still sealed.

2. The gas for a trip to Target, then BBY, then time to do the PM, just for the RZ points? Does not compute.

The nearest BBY is over an hour from my house but close to my girlfriend's.  I was only close to Target the day that Amazon had the $19.99 price error.

not to mention if you use credit then you dont get the measly 20 rz points anyway. if using cash why not just go straight to gamestop instead of price matching ?

I dont have any BBY credit either right now, so I'm still gonna be out $20 cash anyway.  Might as well get some RZ points for it if I can.

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#40 cobrakai83

cobrakai83

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

Nice.  I have a paid in full Project X Zone preorder I am cancelling and might have to actually take up one their weekly ad sales for once.  I can cancel and get both Far Cry 3 and AC 3 without having to pay anything extra.  Not a bad deal.

#41 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

Anyone know if they'll also drop the pre-owned price of Far Cry 3?

#42 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

Anyone know if they'll also drop the pre-owned price of Far Cry 3?

I think that's what we are all hoping...at least, I KNOW I am.

#43 chaosgamer

chaosgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

Thanx op, may pick up telltales the walking dead

Games Playing

:wii:  - Pandora's Tower, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

:ps3: - Wolfenstein The New Order, Kingdom Hearts Remix, Child Of Light

EXTREMEULTIMATE.png

#44 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

The nearest BBY is over an hour from my house but close to my girlfriend's.  I was only close to Target the day that Amazon had the $19.99 price error.

I dont have any BBY credit either right now, so I'm still gonna be out $20 cash anyway.  Might as well get some RZ points for it if I can.

My argument remains: 20 points equates to 40 cents if you assume a generous 1:1 exchange rate between rz points and cash. How long can you drive for 40 cents of gas?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#45 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

actualy, it's not a bad week for game stop

#46 zyk

zyk

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

actualy, it's not a bad week for game stop

Yea they've been pretty solid with the deals recently. Hopefully they keep it up

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: Tales of Xillia

:ps4: Knack

#47 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Here's Corgi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

Anyone know what time GS will update their site?

Edit:  I just ended up putting a hold on a copy at my local store and I will pick it up tomorrow. Also does anyone know why my signature won't update? Possible growing pains for the new CAG?

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#48 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

i'm hoping that new AC3 and FC3.

#49 sweatysides

sweatysides

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

I have a b2g1 coupon that expires at the end of the month. I have to look up some reviews for Far Cry, cause I hated FC 2.

Its ten million times better then 2. I Loved the first Far Cry, and i rented 2. 2 I couldn't return fast enough, damned malaria and save points ruined it. Although the brush fires were a great addition. lol.

#50 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

I traded in my copy of AC3 to Amazon for their recent $20 bonus because I found it dreadfully boring. I might pick it up again when it hits $10.

oIi9lub.png

#51 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

I might grab Far Cry 3 since Gamefly passed on it again for their used sale.

16Z462z.jpg

#52 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:19 AM

Ok so the PREOWNED $18.99 on AC3 Is live right now (Far cry 3 is not, I CHECKED...) but the new price is still the old one, so I think this does mean the used price will drop as well on Far Cry 3 like you all hoped. Also, noticed some other drop's not mentioned just from a casual glance. The exclusive Defiance Ultimate Edition's are $100, and for anyone already planning to get the game, the extra's are nice (It serves it's purpose as SOMETHING to do during the summer wait for the REAL games in the fall). Pandora's tower is $29.99, like the amazon price, but the used is $27.99 (I don't think this is new but that's the first I noticed it), and so with promo's and PUR coupons and etc can be had for cheap for anyone who didn't get it yet.
So it's a good sign Far Cry 3 will have the used price drop as well with the new.

#53 zyk

zyk

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:17 AM

Red Dead Complete and GTA IV Complete are on sale for $19.99 too.

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: Tales of Xillia

:ps4: Knack

#54 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

I've always wanted to add to my Zumba collection.

#55 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:24 AM

Amazon has PMed Gamestop. Far Cry 3 for both consoles are $19.99.

512847.png

#56 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:42 AM

Well, I wonder what they are PMing right now, price still isn't live with gamestop XD

#57 SOLGarion

SOLGarion

The devil is in the details.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

Assassin's Creed III deal finally live on the website. Still have not updated the posted weekly ad.

#58 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

sweet, now I don't have to set foot in a GS!

#59 Kevlar338

Kevlar338

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

Well I called a store and far cry 3 is 39.99 Preowned . It is on sale for 19.99 new but throws my plan on using my b2g1 coupon out the window .
Robocop vs Terminator for Sega genesis ... Probably my favorite game ever created .

#60 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

Well I called a store and far cry 3 is 39.99 Preowned . It is on sale for 19.99 new but throws my plan on using my b2g1 coupon out the window .

Same here. Im just going to wait and hold out. Picking up AC3 with a $15 off coupon instead. $2 for Ac3 is satisfying enough for today.

512847.png