Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

Pros: don't have to stop into gamestop

Cons: didn't get Far Cry 3 for $14! :(

#62 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

why does one ubisoft used game drop but not the other ? its worse since the pur coupons dont stack with new game sales :(
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#63 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

why does one ubisoft used game drop but not the other ? its worse since the pur coupons dont stack with new game sales :(

They have PUR coupons for off new as well.

512847.png

#64 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

Looks like the have Red Dead GOTY and GTA Complete on sale again for 19.99 also.

#65 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

They have PUR coupons for off new as well.

i know but those dont stack with sale prices :(
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#66 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

Surprised everyone didn't get in on the free AC3 on the China market since it was up for 36ish hours

#67 SOLGarion

SOLGarion

The devil is in the details.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

Surprised everyone didn't get in on the free AC3 on the China market since it was up for 36ish hours

I couldn't get my US PS3 to connect to the Chinese Xbox Live, tried though. A, or AC3, for effort?

#68 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

It was only for 360, a lot of PS3 gamers out here. And some were afraid they would be banned.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#69 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

It was only for 360, a lot of PS3 gamers out here. And some were afraid they would be banned.

Oh yeh. Stupid me forgot about the PS market.

Anyway it was a good game. I actually bought it day 1 with the BBY $20 promo. As woth most of those day 1 games i ended up PMing it to $30 making it $10. I think it would have been a $15-$20 purchase game.

It gets repetitive towards the end, but its always fun to get a massive assassination streak.

#70 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

Oh yeh. Stupid me forgot about the PS market.

Anyway it was a good game. I actually bought it day 1 with the BBY $20 promo. As woth most of those day 1 games i ended up PMing it to $30 making it $10. I think it would have been a $15-$20 purchase game.

It gets repetitive towards the end, but its always fun to get a massive assassination streak.

I didnt do the free download because I hate using foreign markets. And even if there is no risk downloading on the foreign marketplaces, I still try to avoid anything bad looking on my account. Have to much to lose/risk over a few silly games that I can just buy cheaply legitimately.

For example: I used my PUR and got AC3 for 360 today for a grand total of $7.09. Mint and complete. I guess I should also add that I prefer physical everything. Only digital purchases I dont mind are VITA games and DLC.

512847.png

#71 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

Question: Do you guys think this used price for AC3 is now low enough to justify everything that went wrong with it? I watched this review for AC3 a short while ago and it pretty much turned me off from playing it; however, I think that video was made when the $59.99 price point was still in effect, so I'm curious to know if the much-lower current price is more enticing despite its faults. I could pick up a :ps3: copy with the birthday coupon for $13.59+tax, so...

Oh, and before anyone points out the Gamefly sale: (a) The :ps3: version is currently sold out. (b) I'd rather spend GS credit over actual credit.

FYI, I've started Brotherhood (not gotten very far) and don't plan on playing Revelations.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#72 Grimms

Grimms

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

I went for Assassins Creed III PS3 @ Gamestop (Today). $19.99.

#73 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

found a sealed far cry 3 ! i also renewed my pur sub. gonna use the 50% trade in coupon to trade in the last of us, soul sacrifice and farcry when i beat it. i recoup the 35$ i spent today and get even more :D
Currently playing

690739.png

#74 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

whats up with ACIII? its coming up at 40 bucks, not the 20 listed here. I wanted to pm at BBY. is this post wrong?

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#75 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

found a sealed far cry 3 ! i also renewed my pur sub. gonna use the 50% trade in coupon to trade in the last of us, soul sacrifice and farcry when i beat it. i recoup the 35$ i spent today and get even more :D

I guess I always fail to see your logic. At 50% extra last of us is only going to net you $41 as of today. That value will plummet within a week. Why not just sale it on craigslist for $45 cash? Also far cry 3's value is probably going to permanently tank to $10 or so since it has gotten cheap often now. 

512847.png

#76 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

Question: Do you guys think this used price for AC3 is now low enough to justify everything that went wrong with it? I watched this review for AC3 a short while ago and it pretty much turned me off from playing it; however, I think that video was made when the $59.99 price point was still in effect, so I'm curious to know if the much-lower current price is more enticing despite its faults. I could pick up a :ps3: copy with the birthday coupon for $13.59+tax, so...

Oh, and before anyone points out the Gamefly sale: (a) The :ps3: version is currently sold out. (b) I'd rather spend GS credit over actual credit.

FYI, I've started Brotherhood (not gotten very far) and don't plan on playing Revelations.

Its not as terrible as that vid made it out to be. It definitely felt rushed and gets repetitive. But overall its a fun gameplay. After playing through it, I would probably say a good $15 buy. $10 being an instant but and $20 being within range.

It sadly doesn't progress the underlying story of AC that far.

#77 Ravensfan93

Ravensfan93

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

Just my two cents, that game isn't worth two cents. I loved every AC up till 3 but it was just horrid. Maybe it gets better (I never progressed past the tutorial) but I couldn't trudge through the five hours of handholding to have any actual fun with that game.

#78 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

whats up with ACIII? its coming up at 40 bucks, not the 20 listed here. I wanted to pm at BBY. is this post wrong?

Go to the page to reserve a copy in store, and it'll show the $20 in store price.

#79 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

I guess I always fail to see your logic. At 50% extra last of us is only going to net you $41 as of today. That value will plummet within a week. Why not just sale it on craigslist for $45 cash? Also far cry 3's value is probably going to permanently tank to $10 or so since it has gotten cheap often now.

im building up even more ps4 credit and these three games should help with that. if i sold for cash i would end up spending it lol
Currently playing

690739.png

#80 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

im building up even more ps4 credit and these three games should help with that. if i sold for cash i would end up spending it lol

didn't you already paid off your ps4 in full?

#81 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

Are there any good GS coupons at the moment to supplement a Far Cry or (maybe) ACIII purchase?

Twisted Metal, UC3 GOTY, Uncharted(VIta),FC3, AC3, ACV, AC:L, Sly Cooper(vita), Unit 13 & Anarchy Reigns are all $12-$13.

http://www.cheapassg...svita-drops-gs/

@straight edge 

pm sent I can help you build big chunks($80-$150) of credit

#82 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

I guess im different lol. I keep a certain "pool of credit/cash" aside for games and never exceed that. Just recycle and reuse. Haha. Ive just been getting credit lately and cut down on buying drastically.

512847.png

#83 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

I locked in Far Cry 3 for $21.xx TIV at Amazon (plus $10 promo credit towars select preorders) yesterday since I just got a copy last week at Target pricematching when Amazon briefly listed the price at $19.99.  But I really want to play it as well...is it worth it to pick up a copy this week from GS and send in one of the two copies I'll have?

Garrus_Lannister.png

#84 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:34 PM

didn't you already paid off your ps4 in full?
i need a extra controller, ps+ sub for online play amung things and some ps4 games. i also put some credit aside for ps3 games i want to catch up on before i retire my ps3
Currently playing

690739.png

#85 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

Go to the page to reserve a copy in store, and it'll show the $20 in store price.

hhmm thanks, but i wanted to PM it at best buy. Cant really do that if the price is full msrp online. is this an error that they will fix or is it in store only?

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#86 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

hhmm thanks, but i wanted to PM it at best buy. Cant really do that if the price is full msrp online. is this an error that they will fix or is it in store only?

That IS the in store price.  Last I checked BB didn't include GS.com on their list of sites, so they should technically being PMing in store sales only.  Just show them that page for the closest store to that BB and you should be fine.

#87 RedUnit10

RedUnit10

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:06 AM

I just got a coupon for GameStop for buy two get one free on used games, it expires the 30th and I don't plan on using it. Anyone want it?

#88 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:08 AM

I just got a coupon for GameStop for buy two get one free on used games, it expires the 30th and I don't plan on using it. Anyone want it?

ill take it please

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#89 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:08 AM

I would like it!

Dangit Deader.

512847.png

#90 RedUnit10

RedUnit10

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

ill take it please

Alright, since you were first you get dibs.