4GB PS Vita Memory Card $6.99 @ Best Buy (YMMV?)

kulaguy

CAGiversary!
So I was at Best Buy earlier today and noticed they have the 4GB Vita memory card on clearance for $6.99. Sadly, the clearance 16GB was still sold out, and the 8GB and 32GB were still full price, but I guess if you're in desperate need for some kind of memory card for the Vita at a reasonable price, you should check out Best Buy when you can.

The SKU was 4757201. Let us know if anyone else finds it so people know if it's YMMV or not. Happy hunting!

It looks like I reserved the last one at my local BB for store pickup. I tried for two just for the hell of it and my order was reduced back to one by the system.

Anyway to do an inventory search or something to find these?
Go to the best buy Open Box and Clearance page then go store by store looking for a 4GB memory card entry. If they are out it won't let you add it to the cart.

E: I tried a second store and it gave a limit of 3 per customer.

E2: I found one store displaying a 16GB in stock, it was in my cart, but as soon as I selected Checkout it informed me that it was out of stock, yet I can still add more to the cart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, my local store actually had these available still so ordered one for pickup until the 32GB I just ordered last night gets here... a week from Friday. :p

Note: This may seem like a good deal. If your PSP Vita didn't come with a 4gb card to begin with... I guess it's better than nothing. Just be aware that you're going to need a bigger card. I thought maybe buying a few of these 4gb cards cheap might be the way to go, bought a few at $10 a pop last christmas, but it's too much of a hastle to swap memory cards. You have to power down the system, reboot, then wait for your PSP Vita to refresh it's memory which can take up to 5 minutes if you have a lot of games tied to your system. Really wish they made bigger memory cards. 32gb isn't even enough for me. :\ Worst part about the PSP Vita is the memory issue.

I got the Assassin's Creed Vita bundle but I lost the game and the memory card :(  I've been looking for another cheap memory card.  Might swing by a local store and see if they have any.  I can't believe Sony didn't announce any price drops for Vita/Memory cards during E3.

Note: This may seem like a good deal. If your PSP Vita didn't come with a 4gb card to begin with... I guess it's better than nothing. Just be aware that you're going to need a bigger card. I thought maybe buying a few of these 4gb cards cheap might be the way to go, bought a few at $10 a pop last christmas, but it's too much of a hastle to swap memory cards. You have to power down the system, reboot, then wait for your PSP Vita to refresh it's memory which can take up to 5 minutes if you have a lot of games tied to your system. Really wish they made bigger memory cards. 32gb isn't even enough for me. :\ Worst part about the PSP Vita is the memory issue.
Exactly, that's why I ordered a 32GB after thinking I would be OK with two 8GBs but my return period ends in two days and I'm looking at 10 days until this big card gets here. This will hold me over at least, even if I can only fit one or two games on it, and at $7 might not even bother returning it in case there's something so amazing in another region that I ever feel the need to go through the hassle of swapping accounts again.

Saw this yesterday, might go in today and grab one. Blazblue fits perfectly on it, might be good to have just for that. It'll be good to have one card dedicated to whatever large digital game you're currently playing I guess.

There are some other Vita accessories that might interest some, depending on the store naturally.  Car charger's $6.99 which should work with other USB devices long as you have the cable so might pick that up to use with my phone as well.  There's also replacement wall chargers for $5.99 (no USB cable included of course), Vita earbuds with mic for $12.99, Sony USB cable for $6.99, Sony case for $9.99, and some Rocketfish starter kits for $4.99.  Can't blame them for bailing so hard on the Vita when they have two new systems incoming and most stores are shrinking their gaming space as it, still a shame though.

Think I'm going to grab this Skylanders case for $9.99 as well when we go pick up the card if they still have it.

Is there any particular need for a large Vita memory card besides having multiple games and save game data? My Vita is coming in the mail and I already have a 4GB card I bought on clearance. I know I'll need to buy a bigger card at some point soon, I just haven't decided if I want a 16GB or a 32GB? I don't plan on storing music or videos on it, just game save data, DLC content, and items from the PSN+. If a game is added to PS+ and I download it to the card, then Sony pulls the game from the free lineup, can I still play it as a full if its sitting on my card?

Is there any particular need for a large Vita memory card besides having multiple games and save game data? My Vita is coming in the mail and I already have a 4GB card I bought on clearance. I know I'll need to buy a bigger card at some point soon, I just haven't decided if I want a 16GB or a 32GB? I don't plan on storing music or videos on it, just game save data, DLC content, and items from the PSN+. If a game is added to PS+ and I download it to the card, then Sony pulls the game from the free lineup, can I still play it as a full if its sitting on my card?
First, with PS+ as long as you "buy" the game while it's free then it's tied to your account forever, even if your sub lapses and you renew at some point, but you can only play it while you have an active sub. This means you can also redownload it at any time as needed.

Second, If you're only going to keep one or two games on there at a time then no you don't need a big card. That being said I went with two 8GB cards initially, as in 5 days ago, and already returned them because of what a pain it was. On one 8GB I was only able to get 4 games, each about 1.5GB give or take a little, totaling about 6GB before I was out of space for another "full size" game. Not awful but was honestly a little surprised at just how small it felt once I did that. If you're really good about only playing one or two games at once and then moving on then you'll probably be good at 16GB, but almost everyone said when I was asking the same question that they ended up feeling pretty cramped over time. If you want 32GB Amazon has it for just under $81 with FSSS or Prime right now or you can try your luck on catching an Amazon Warehouse Deal on one for $60-70 but those have been snapped up in seconds lately.

TLDR: I tried to go the cheap route and realized how errant I was in two or three days time and knew I had to bite the bullet and buy a 32GB with this $7 4GB to hold me over until it arrives. At nearly $50, and the last few days closer to $60, the 16GB is the worst value of all the cards IMO. Just whatever you do don't do multiple small cards, it's a pain in the butt.

I was able to snag a 16GB for $29.99 from Amazon Warehouse LN. It's slim pickings but you can find a deal on Vita memory if you're patient and look.

Saw this yesterday, might go in today and grab one. Blazblue fits perfectly on it, might be good to have just for that. It'll be good to have one card dedicated to whatever large digital game you're currently playing I guess.
THX OP!

i picked up a 4gb for this reason (last one i could find in Tucson)

I have an 8gb that i use for storing a lot of smaller games that i'm playing, plus my save files, and then this 4gb is for games i want to try out (i hadn't played wipeout yet) and for the larger digi-downloads (gonna try uncharted next).

Yeah, I meant to mention that, at least at the store I went to yesterday, everything was still marked full price on the shelf but the clearance stuff I grabbed all scanned right.

Picked one up just for the heck of it.  Might just use it for saves and maybe music/movies.  I have a 16G from PMing Target a few weeks back.  Also picked up the official Sony AC charger for $3.  Online it showed $6.  The BB I went to couldn't find the one that showed in stock so they "OSS"ed it to ship it to my house.  Should be here tomorrow.  Probably should have asked for two.

Picked one up just for the heck of it. Might just use it for saves and maybe music/movies. I have a 16G from PMing Target a few weeks back. Also picked up the official Sony AC charger for $3. Online it showed $6. The BB I went to couldn't find the one that showed in stock so they "OSS"ed it to ship it to my house. Should be here tomorrow. Probably should have asked for two.
since it's on their site pm it @ target or walmart if there's a stock issue.

I wonder if 32GB is the limit for the media? Would Sony start releasing 64GB cards eventually?
It's possible if they're like SD cards where they were initially limited to 8GB, then SDHC to 32GB and SDXC expands it to 2TB where it's a mathematical limitation of the specification. If that's the case then it's dependent on two things: the hardware being able to support reading the card and the OS being able to read it. On a piece of equipment like the Vita it should meet both criteria so probably just down to Sony.

I was at HH Greg a few weeks ago and they had the Vita memory cards on clearance. 4.99 for an 8GB there were two left and i grabbed one. it has discontinued on the Website but  there was a table near the middle of the store with them on it.

I just got one at my local BB.About a month ago I picked up a 4g card for $5 on clearance at Target. Thinking of moving my PS1 games to the 4g card.

I just got one at my local BB.About a month ago I picked up a 4g card for $5 on clearance at Target. Thinking of moving my PS1 games to the 4g card.

bread's done
Back