Newegg- Borderlands 2 & XCOM deal @12.99$ (PC)

you guys should already know by now, if the price is this low on a popular game its usually not for the console version (well, at least in most cases)

Terrible. I thought this was for a console, not your stupid PC.
Kinda ironic.
Yeah, I could see the irony there. I stopped PC gaming back in the era of Starcraft. It's just not the same (not as good, imo) as console gaming. I've been eyeing both of those games, so I was pretty excited to see this thread -- only to be disappointed. So it goes.

These games both register on Steam for anyone interested.
But isn't there a Steam sale starting Thursday? I'd bet these will both show up for cheaper.
Those still aren't bad prices on those games and I wouldn't expect them to go lower than $10, especially because the last few big sales Steam hasn't been offering a lot of really good prices like they had been and more just matching what other sites like Greenman and Amazon have been doing.

You're just jealous because it looks and plays better.
Yeah, assuming you have a powerful enough gaming rig, there's no real question that multi-platform releases almost always look way better and run at higher framerates than the comparable console releases (as cross platform review sites like digital foundry attest). But, since consoles are more affordable than an adequate gaming pc, it's good enough for me (at least until I upgrade my ancient pc)

Last edited by a moderator:
These games both register on Steam for anyone interested.
But isn't there a Steam sale starting Thursday? I'd bet these will both show up for cheaper.
Those still aren't bad prices on those games and I wouldn't expect them to go lower than $10, especially because the last few big sales Steam hasn't been offering a lot of really good prices like they had been and more just matching what other sites like Greenman and Amazon have been doing.
No, $13 isn't too bad, but when I already own both on 360, I can't justify paying too much for Borderlands 2 again. I'm hoping it'll go cheaper on the Steam sale, and if it does, I'll grab it, but if it doesn't, I won't lose any sleep at night.

You're just jealous because it looks and plays better.
Yeah, assuming you have a powerful enough gaming rig, there's no real question that multi-platform releases almost always look way better and run at higher framerates than the comparable console releases (as cross platform review sites like digital foundry attest). But, since consoles are more affordable than an adequate gaming pc, it's good enough for me (at least until I upgrade my ancient pc)
For me it's more about the price, I have several high end PCs and laptops, but even with a sale like this, it's too rich for my blood since I can't resell and for most of the time only pay 2 dollars or even make money to play a game for a month. But when I play games at came free with promos etc., they look gorgeous, and you should definitely consider upgrading.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back