Red Dead Redemption GOTY (PS3/360) 19.99 at Gamestop

I've seen at this price at a few sites within recent weeks, not to mention last week when it was $15 for two days at Gamestop. Amazon has already price matched it (currently out of stock on the PS3 version). Not a bad game,  

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only person who did not like this game? I love TPS and open world games. I tried multiple times to like this game, I just couldn't get into it at all

I've seen at this price at a few sites within recent weeks, not to mention last week when it was $15 for two days at Gamestop. Amazon has already price matched it (currently out of stock on the PS3 version). Not a bad game,
I was thinking the same. Wish I saw the Gamestop price last week though.

Preparation for GTA V requires that I play through RDR 1 more time.

This is the only Rockstar game I have ever finished.  And I think that says a lot since I've played GTA since III.  I absolutely loved the game.  Multiplayer was a little wonky but SP was great.  I sold it to BB or wherever for more than I paid for it and always wanted to rebuy the GOTY edtion when it came down to $20.  That said, my backlog is so huge, and I promised myself I wouldn't buy an x-bone or PS4 until I cleared out my backlog, so....  pass :(

Am I the only person who did not like this game? I love TPS and open world games. I tried multiple times to like this game, I just couldn't get into it at all
Probably. I'm not really a fan of the whole Old West genre so I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. IMO the gameplay fixed a lot of the nagging issues I had with GTAIV (namely adding mid-mission checkpoints and the gunplay just felt so much better to me). Enjoyed the story a lot as well (still fairly lengthy but didn't feel as bloated as IV did at times). Easily one of my favorite games of this generation.

I have $20 trade-in promotion credit from last event. I am thinking whether I should use it right now, although it is not teh cheapest price that I have seen. But the $20 credit will be expired at the end of July. Does you guys have any suggestions?

I've seen one or two people say the same thing. You're not wrong, as it's a matter of taste! ;) But it seems you're in a tiny minority. Just be glad it's held its price quite well - you can sell your copy!

(Personally, it was my GOTY 2010)

bread's done
Back