Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

Just a heads up. Use code EMCXPVX239 at checkout

http://www.newegg.co...-79248110-L031C

#2 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

I have to admit, I'm tempted, but owning all of these games, I think I'll wait until it's cheap -- unless it's a limited release.

#3 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

I've never played any of the games here. Are they good? I heard a lot of bad things about these games. Also, I thought they released this collection a couple of years ago?

#4 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

I've never played any of the games here. Are they good? I heard a lot of bad things about these games. Also, I thought they released this collection a couple of years ago?

Excellent series... unless you can't stand cutscenes. An HD collection was released here, but it only included 2, 3, and Peace Walker (and the bonuses from those games).

#5 nabor605

nabor605

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

awesome, thanks for this deal.  I was able to sell my existing HD Collection version for about $20 on Amazon, so this "upgrade" to this version was slightly cheaper now too.  Maybe I'll be able to sell my PSN code for MGS1 too since I've already bought that.

#6 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

I have to admit, I'm tempted, but owning all of these games, I think I'll wait until it's cheap -- unless it's a limited release.

I'm thinking the same thing. I really want the art book, but I really can't see this being limited, so we should be able to get it cheap down the line.

I never played the original MSX/NES games, but I hear they are rather good for the period.

Metal Gear Solid 1 from the PS1 was epic. One of my top 10(maybe 5) games of all time. I actually skip the PS2 era, but my roommate had one, so I did play MGS2, but I never finished it as Raiden just brought the game down for me personally.

The PS2 was gone from the house by MGS3, so I never tried that one, but it is regarded as possibly the best of the bunch. I've got the Vita collection specifically to try this one out, but no comment as of now.

MGS4 is waaaaaaaaaay over rated IMO. The graphics where great, but the game was more about watching long drawn out story segments, than about enjoying the game. Kojima really must like to hear himself speak, as this was just painful to play. I rated it a 8/10 at best and that's being generous. 

I own Peace Walker as well, but have not played that one either, but it was well received when it was released.

Overall, this is a killer set of games for the price, and if you haven't played any of these, I'm sure it would be a good value to anyone in that situation. Your getting some of the last few gens greatest received games. I have most of these games in one form or another, so besides the art book, I'm not really interest.

#7 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I'll look for it for maybe $20 this coming holiday season. Sounds like its worth a buy. Given the feedback, I'd buy it at this price but I don't want to feel like a chump in 5 months.

#8 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

Already own the hd collection..but i don't think the artbook really justifies spending 43+ bucks just for 2 more games, as much as i want it. Don't feel like i'll play mgs1 either.

#9 Remoe

Remoe

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

If you've never played MGS this is best purchase you will ever make.

Posted Image

#10 masshuum

masshuum

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:35 PM

I'm thinking the same thing. I really want the art book, but I really can't see this being limited, so we should be able to get it cheap down the line.

I've never really heard of art books being bundled long term. They always seem to get cut out. So, while you may be able to get it cheaper later I can almost bet it will be limited until the initial stock is gone. After that I imagine it just being the games.

#11 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

I've never really heard of art books being bundled long term. They always seem to get cut out. So, while you may be able to get it cheaper later I can almost bet it will be limited until the initial stock is gone. After that I imagine it just being the games.

Is an art book worth 20 or 30 dollars?

#12 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

Cancelled amazon order. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Is an art book worth 20 or 30 dollars?

When it says Metal Gear on it, yes.

- StayFree( ' 3')

store coming soon (sample: 1 2 3)

12/5

#13 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

Against my better judgement I'm going to order this.  Why do I think that I'll see this for 19.99 or 29.99 later this year and feel buyers remorse when I look at it still unopened and unplayed?  This better be a small printing...

#14 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

Against my better judgement I'm going to order this.  Why do I think that I'll see this for 19.99 or 29.99 later this year and feel buyers remorse when I look at it still unopened and unplayed?  This better be a small printing...

Well Metal Gear things are hard to gauge. Considering this looks to be above what we typically see in a game, I don't see it going too cheap. It might get discounted a little, but fans will probably snatch whatever remains. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#15 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

I haven't been following this version, but the last collection with artbook was hard to find after release. After that there was only the game. I decided to get this, although I don't know how many versions of some of these MGS games I have. The collector in me is not a rational person.

[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#16 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

I haven't been following this version, but the last collection with artbook was hard to find after release. After that there was only the game. I decided to get this, although I don't know how many versions of some of these MGS games I have. The collector in me is not a rational person.

One thing that bothers me a bit is that two of the games are download codes which means once I use them, the collection will be "incomplete" so to speak.  :(

On the other hand, the PSN won't support PS3 games forever so if you don't use the codes, eventually they'll be invalid.

#17 SolidMGSnake

SolidMGSnake

Big CAG Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Cant really tell how big the art book will be, but im assuming it'll be a as big as the case? 

#18 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

Cant really tell how big the art book will be, but im assuming it'll be a as big as the case?

Amazon description says 100 pages.

#19 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

Have some BB credit, will try to pricematch online. Probably won't work, but what the hell. 

#20 rneteoriteflo

rneteoriteflo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

I just cancelled my amazon pre-order for this deal. Nice find!

#21 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

Shame I can't use Amazon credit on Newegg.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#22 SolidMGSnake

SolidMGSnake

Big CAG Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

Amazon description says 100 pages.

I mean will it be as big as say the art book form the LE HD collection. or just a tiny artbook the size of the game case.

#23 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

Crap great price. So this might seem like a dumb question, but did anyone pre-order this with the $20 Promo Credit from Amazon Trade-in awhile back? If I cancel my order, I'd still get that promo credit back right?

#24 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

I just cancelled my amazon pre-order for this deal. Nice find!

same here - bought 3 all together and saved some cashola.

thanks op!

#25 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

I also cancelled on Amazon. Thanks!

#26 masshuum

masshuum

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

Here's the art book:

http://metalgearsolid.nl/?p=8650

It's about in the middle of the "Worst case" scenario and "what it should be" scenario.

If the USA version was going to be better you could bet that they would have showed it already.

#27 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

Just preordered it myself. Better than amazon since its free shipping and no tax for me. Plus its a hell of a deal for the number of game you are getting.

"Once a scientific truth emerges. . . It is the way of the world. When different experiments give you the same results, it is no longer subject to your opinion. . . It's true whether or not you believe in it. That's why it works. "
". . . We live in a country that guarantees free speech, but it's not a country that guarantees anything you say is correct."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

#28 OtakuFerret

OtakuFerret

Salty Scrub

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

Although it's an incredible value considering everything that it comes with (even with the vouchers), I have a feeling we'll see this again on Black Friday.  I'll wait for the $20-30 range before I jump.  But thanks for the pre-order code, OP, I'm sure there are some folks who will want to grab the pre-order for the artbook (just in case it's limited.)

Posted Image

#29 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

Even at this price I guess it's not too bad for someone like me that's never played any of these.  That's roughly $5 per game + free art book.  I'm actually a little excited about this since I've never played any of these and people are saying they're good.  Obviously I won't be playing it right away...but still!

#30 SchumiF1

SchumiF1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:35 AM

Awesome find. Cancelled my Amazon pre-order for this. Thank you OP.

Posted Image