Aliens: Colonial Marines PC version FREE AFTER REBATE at Newegg

I played it on Xbox. It's not great and repetitive overall, but it didn't deserve the 3's and 4's that it got. It's more of a 6 or 7.

Hmm not sure about this one, I got buzzed a bunch of times by their rebate. Has anyone gotten an ME3 rebate yet? Apparently they still haven't received my paperwork...

Ah, what the hell. An envelope, stamp, and letting them borrow money for a brief duration. The game has at least got to be worth that.

You have to use the code that the OP put in his post..... I just did the order and it is indeed 15 dollars at checkout with a 15 dollar mail in rebate visa card.

Thanks OP!

Hmm not sure about this one, I got buzzed a bunch of times by their rebate. Has anyone gotten an ME3 rebate yet? Apparently they still haven't received my paperwork...
I sent in the rebate form for Venetica but haven't received another email saying my rebate is being processed. Also, when I go to use the tracking number from the email, it says the promo number is not vaild. Got a feeling I won't be seeing that $10 and it's got me hesitant to go for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent in the rebate form for Venetica but haven't received another email saying my rebate is being processed. Also, when I go to use the tracking number from the email, it says the promo number is not vaild. Got a feeling I won't be seeing that $10 and it's got me hesitant to go for this offer.
I got the email from mass effect 3 saying its being processed. Checked the rebate status and it says the same thing. I bit on this, we will see what happens.

I hope anyone who's having rebate issues made copies of all materials submitted to the rebate.  You can try calling rebate people at https://newegg.rebateaccess.com/contact.php or calling Newegg directly about the issue.  In the past, I had rebates that didn't go through because of UPS labels stuck directly on the UPC and they just gave me a refund for the rebate amount.

6. Not combinable with any other offer.

It seems you either get $5 off, or $15 rebate. Can't get both. Please let's know if you get the rebate in the end. thanks.

You have to use the code that the OP put in his post..... I just did the order and it is indeed 15 dollars at checkout with a 15 dollar mail in rebate visa card.

Thanks OP!

Exact same thing happened to me as well. It's stopped me from trying any of their other free after rebate deals they've had lately.

It seems you either get $5 off, or $15 rebate. Can't get both. Please let's know if you get the rebate in the end. thanks.

Thanks OP!
I called newegg and they told me it still qualifies with the coupon code. I had her notate my account with that info

Thanks OP!
http://flickr.com/gp/23893175@N07/92aYn9

I said I shouldn't have to pay MORE than the $1 I paid for Duke Nukem Forever (also crapware by Gearbox) and well, I guess I won't. ;)

You put your number in the wrong field. After following that link from the email for checking status, you actually need to click the tab/link at the top of the page for "check rebate status."

Even if that seems to not work, it's Newegg and it's their own rebate. If things get messed up, they'll take care of it.

You put your number in the wrong field. After following that link from the email for checking status, you actually need to click the tab/link at the top of the page for "check rebate status."

Even if that seems to not work, it's Newegg and it's their own rebate. If things get messed up, they'll take care of it.
Thanks for the tip. Not sure how I missed the "Check Rebate Status" option before. I did put the promo number and not my tracking number into the "Enter Promo Number" field originally though. Turns out they did receive my rebate and it's being processed.

You should get a second e-mail that they received your paperwork about a month after you send it in. It then might take another month before your get the rebate in your mailbox. I have done 3 of these. I have gotten one back, have one confirmed and still in processing, and one for RCT3 not confirmed which I got when ME3 was free but out of stock. That last one seems to be running very slowly. Over a month without confirmation, but that makes sense since they must have gotten flooded with rebates from ME3.

Thanks. Even RCT3 comes up as processing for me with that method.

My Tera Online rebate still hasn't been received (but I mailed it last Friday)

Mass effect 3 was received and is processing...still. They are so slow

Newegg's rebates take an extremely long time but I haven't missed one yet from their freebies.  I just got my first batch of rebates from March for the Brink, Mafia 2 etc rebates.

If I didn't have to loan Newegg my $15 for 6 - 8 weeks, this would be worth it.

The game is sure worth free. I actually picked it up from Amazon during their May deals with season pass for like 20 overall. Worth it imo. It's cheap, something to kill time with, great with friends. MUCH better than console versions imo. I traded in the 360 version I got the Thursday after release. Never traded in a game so fast in my life (after beating it for achievements as well lol). After playing it I told all my friends I felt it's worth 10-20 maybe, no more though.

Sadly I'll just wait till it's $2.50 on Steam.  Chances are I'd forget about the rebate card and then have paid $15 for the game.

Sadly I'll just wait till it's $2.50 on Steam. Chances are I'd forget about the rebate card and then have paid $15 for the game.
How is it sad that your time's more valuable than most CAGs'? I never factor rebates into the price I'm paying since rebates are scummy as shit.

Sadly I'll just wait till it's $2.50 on Steam. Chances are I'd forget about the rebate card and then have paid $15 for the game.
How is it sad that your time's more valuable than most CAGs'? I never factor rebates into the price I'm paying since rebates are scummy as shit.
printer + envelope + 2 seconds to mail = wasted time???
You've never had these companies conveniently lose your rebate information? You do realize the entire business model is based around NOT giving out rebates, right?

printer + envelope + 2 seconds to mail = wasted time???
You've never had these companies conveniently lose your rebate information? You do realize the entire business model is based around NOT giving out rebates, right?
It's actually based on people buying it and not spending the time to send it back to them. I've never had an issue with newegg and rebates.

Great post!  Thank you!  I ordered The Witcher Enahnced Edition from New Egg about a week ago when they had their free after rebate promotion.  I know it got slammed, but that is the beautiful thing of pc gaming.  There are always ambitious folks who take a broken game and make it better...something that, unfortunately, consoles rarely ever see.  I just ordered this one too!

Sometimes they don't send them. I feeling you're doing what I did, went to their link and put in that tracking number, that is wrong. The link they give you is to submit another rebate in that field. There is a check status tab above that where the tracking number will work.

I'm wondering if I should order another. I did the rebate last time it was free, I think this would qualify as a completely different rebate and I would be ok. Just thought it would be nice to have 2 for coop.

These rebates take for freaking ever though.

Oh man that's early, I'm still waiting on my Mass Effect 3 rebate that got mailed out and my Colonial Marines rebate is still processing.

bread's done
Back