Photo
- - - - -

Assassins Creed III Liberation PS Vita at Amazon for $19.99

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Oboogie188

Oboogie188

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

Amazaon has Assassins Creed III Liberation for $19.99.  Price is not all that great but if you can get Best Buy to price match and use the @Gamers coupon you can potentially get it for $9.99. But that's YMMV!

http://www.amazon.co...sassins creed 3

#2 flyinfast

flyinfast

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

It is also going for $15 on Gamefly ($13.49 if you are a subscriber). I know, those are used games, but still a good deal. 

#3 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:02 PM

It is also going for $15 on Gamefly ($13.49 if you are a subscriber). I know, those are used games, but still a good deal. 

Seriously?   Fuck!  2 days after I bought the digital version for $13.22 on PSN.  FML!  (I would have much preferred a retail copy).

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

I think what's important is how is this game?

#5 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

Wow, I didn't even realize this was on sale with free shipping. I ordered myself a copy, thank you!

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg

#6 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

i havent played any AC game despite owning all of them. would this be a good jumping off point for the series, or should i start at the begining?

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#7 godWhisperer

godWhisperer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

i havent played any AC game despite owning all of them. would this be a good jumping off point for the series, or should i start at the begining?

i'd say start with AC2. it's much better than the first and it's a lot simpler than some of the newer games like revelations or AC3. it's a good jumping off point, too, to get familiarized with the whole modern-day, abstergo plot.

i'm a fan and many of the people to whom i've spoken still regard brotherhood as the best in the series (i'd go with AC2, myself), so there's that. you should be ok regardless as each game has its own (relatively) convoluted story that ties in to the whole.

liberation isn't a bad game, especially on the vita, but i wouldn't consider it a good jumping off point for the series. it's different than the console games in a few ways and i'd think that getting used to, say, ezio's skill set might be a better appraisal of the series than liberation would be.

#8 captpluto9465

captpluto9465

CAGalicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

I think what's important is how is this game?

I rented it for a week and it was pretty fun.  Only complaints - the framerate can get bad in places and there are some annoying glitches.  It's one of the better Vita games out now.

#9 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

Hoping Best Buy drops to this so I can use the Gamer coupon and get it for 10.

#10 jlewski

jlewski

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

Is this worth getting?

#11 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

It's like $13 on PSN isn't it? I have 1.75 in my wallet, lol

#12 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

i'd say start with AC2. it's much better than the first and it's a lot simpler than some of the newer games like revelations or AC3. it's a good jumping off point, too, to get familiarized with the whole modern-day, abstergo plot.

i'm a fan and many of the people to whom i've spoken still regard brotherhood as the best in the series (i'd go with AC2, myself), so there's that. you should be ok regardless as each game has its own (relatively) convoluted story that ties in to the whole.

liberation isn't a bad game, especially on the vita, but i wouldn't consider it a good jumping off point for the series. it's different than the console games in a few ways and i'd think that getting used to, say, ezio's skill set might be a better appraisal of the series than liberation would be.

hmm thanks. I do enjoy playing a whole series in order though. Especially for the story. is the first that bad, or should i just start there?

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#13 Yoohoo1231

Yoohoo1231

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

hmm thanks. I do enjoy playing a whole series in order though. Especially for the story. is the first that bad, or should i just start there?

It's not bad. There are just a series of repetitive missions before every contract which makes the game really slow and the controls might feel a little dated in comparison to the newer ones.

I'd say start with the first with the understanding that the series will get a lot better. Also, try to space it out if you can, by the end of Revelations, I was convinced I was tired of the series and quit playing. I just finished the last two missions a month ago and enjoyed it enough to continue on with Assassin's Creed 3 (which controls horribly)

#14 RCizzle65

RCizzle65

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

Hmmmm, I bought this at my local Gamestop last week for $20, but it's listed on their website for $30. Wondering if it might drop in price soon.