Photo
- - - - -

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara physical edition $41.99 JPN version, $34.90 ASIA version @ Play-Asia.com

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

http://www.play-asia...en-70-6mkz.html

http://www.play-asia...en-70-2g0w.html

Free shipping, no tax. Price gauging thread to determine how low they can go.

Limited edition also available for $173.49-

http://www.play-asia...en-70-6ml3.html

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#2 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

Just a reminder for those of you that don't know, this was also added to this weeks store update, so you can just buy the digital version for $15 today too. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#3 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

Would love to have a physical copy of this game (already bought on XBL and will probably eventually buy on PSN as well).  I doubt there will be a physical release outside of the JPN/Asia versions.

I assume the box and manual are all in Japanese, but why is the Asia version so much cheaper?

#4 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

Would love to have a physical copy of this game (already bought on XBL and will probably eventually buy on PSN as well).  I doubt there will be a physical release outside of the JPN/Asia versions.

I assume the box and manual are all in Japanese, but why is the Asia version so much cheaper?

Their games just "cost less", so PA charges less (also helps that they're in Hong Kong too). Same sort of logic how US games typically cost less than Japanese games and quite often EU games, though they're all the same. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#5 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

Japanese version (not sure about asia version) will feature the ability to customize hero outfit with a color palette as well as the ability to choose up to 4 of the same hero in a game.  More about the differences can be read here:

http://www.neogaf.co...856&postcount=4

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#6 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

I bought this off PSN Tuesday and I love it.  It is just as awesomely nerdy as it was 20 years ago.  

KneeKnee.png

#7 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

Damn.

#8 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

I bought the digital version on Tuesday and haven't been able to play it yet.  Damn you, Sony and your shitty firmware update.  :bomb:

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#9 Emoney244

Emoney244

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

Whoever buys this is a crazy person.

Emoney244.png

FACSHtO.png

RIP Video games 

#10 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:31 AM

I've been struggling with the game in Japanese for long enough to know that I'm sick of not knowing what spell I'm about to cast.

That said, if the deluxe JP version has a language switch, I... I might bite.

EDIT - The gaf thread mentions that there isn't a language setting. None for me I suppose.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#11 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:07 AM

I've been struggling with the game in Japanese for long enough to know that I'm sick of not knowing what spell I'm about to cast.

That said, if the deluxe JP version has a language switch, I... I might bite.

EDIT - The gaf thread mentions that there isn't a language setting. None for me I suppose.

I'm in the same boat. Really struggled playing the saturn version and was hoping this one would have a translated text in the asia version. Since it doesnt, I may as well buy the digital version as much as I hate to do so.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#12 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

I thought this was overpriced at $15.

#13 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:53 AM

its over priced at any price, this shit is free on MAME

#14 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

Not everyone is a hacking / pirating douche =\ 

#15 c2thaj

c2thaj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:26 AM

Ha. Me too.

But I still bought it because I'm a co-op addict.

Wonderful game; been playing the hell out of it.

#16 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:43 AM

Want that limited edition one bad. Bad ass game. MSRP is $123 in JPN for it don't want to pay $50 over that to Play Asia. They are sold out too on that one !

#17 dallow

dallow

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:51 AM

This is not the same as the digital version.

This one is being developed by the original arcade team and looks to be a better port overall.
Very strange that its being "remade" twice.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#18 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

Just say no to Play-Asia gouging; Say yes to Nippon-Yasan goodness...

:ps3: http://www.nippon-ya...ed-edition.html   e-Capcom LE $127.65

:ps3: http://www.nippon-ya...-of-mystara.html  Japanese Edition $33.09

Posted Image

#19 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

Any shipping discount codes out there? Looking like another $20+ to get it from those guys

#20 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

Why buy anything? Any and all retail games are free on torrents.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#21 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

Just gotta weigh in here.  Granted I know nothing about the Asian market and no I won't advocate piracy or anything but $40 for a boxed copy of this?!?!  $170+ for a limited edition?  Honestly some of the threads on this forum make me wonder if I'm still on Cheap Ass Gamer.  It's more like 'What The Heck Are You Thinking' Gamer.

#22 Rage Goblin

Rage Goblin

The Hardest of Core

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

Everything is free when you steal it, duder.

#23 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

One of FSM's chosen, I see.

#24 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

Any mention if the Asia version is in Engish or not. (or has an option for English)?  I'd like a physical version, but I'm not paying for a JPN only language copy.

The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#25 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

This is not the same as the digital version.

This one is being developed by the original arcade team and looks to be a better port overall.
Very strange that its being "remade" twice.

It is very weird. That said, Iron Galaxy are no slouches and my time with the 360 US downloaded version has been very enjoyable.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#26 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

Just gotta weigh in here.  Granted I know nothing about the Asian market and no I won't advocate piracy or anything but $40 for a boxed copy of this?!?!  $170+ for a limited edition?  Honestly some of the threads on this forum make me wonder if I'm still on Cheap Ass Gamer.  It's more like 'What The Heck Are You Thinking' Gamer.

Oh snap, you just dropped the "Insert cute phrase" Gamer bomb on this thread. Thanks for weighing in.

[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#27 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

Oh snap, you just dropped the "Insert cute phrase" Gamer bomb on this thread. Thanks for weighing in.

Spoiler

#28 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

Since when is MAME stealing?  I believe this discussion has been had ad nauseum and the consensus is that since the arcade machines are no longer produced then it's fair game.  Now, copying the console versions?  Piracy.

#29 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

Since when is MAME stealing?  I believe this discussion has been had ad nauseum and the consensus is that since the arcade machines are no longer produced then it's fair game.  Now, copying the console versions?  Piracy.

While that topic is debatable, saying it's over priced and using piracy as a justification is in fact stealing. 

#30 digita1alchemy

digita1alchemy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:28 AM

I'm buying the Japanese version because the scaling and filter options in the Iron Galaxy version are crap.