Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara physical edition $41.99 JPN version, $34.90 ASIA version @ Play-Asia.com

Just a reminder for those of you that don't know, this was also added to this weeks store update, so you can just buy the digital version for $15 today too. 

Would love to have a physical copy of this game (already bought on XBL and will probably eventually buy on PSN as well).  I doubt there will be a physical release outside of the JPN/Asia versions.

I assume the box and manual are all in Japanese, but why is the Asia version so much cheaper?

Would love to have a physical copy of this game (already bought on XBL and will probably eventually buy on PSN as well). I doubt there will be a physical release outside of the JPN/Asia versions.

I assume the box and manual are all in Japanese, but why is the Asia version so much cheaper?
Their games just "cost less", so PA charges less (also helps that they're in Hong Kong too). Same sort of logic how US games typically cost less than Japanese games and quite often EU games, though they're all the same.

I bought this off PSN Tuesday and I love it.  It is just as awesomely nerdy as it was 20 years ago.  

I've been struggling with the game in Japanese for long enough to know that I'm sick of not knowing what spell I'm about to cast.

That said, if the deluxe JP version has a language switch, I... I might bite.

EDIT - The gaf thread mentions that there isn't a language setting. None for me I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been struggling with the game in Japanese for long enough to know that I'm sick of not knowing what spell I'm about to cast.

That said, if the deluxe JP version has a language switch, I... I might bite.

EDIT - The gaf thread mentions that there isn't a language setting. None for me I suppose.
I'm in the same boat. Really struggled playing the saturn version and was hoping this one would have a translated text in the asia version. Since it doesnt, I may as well buy the digital version as much as I hate to do so.

Want that limited edition one bad. Bad ass game. MSRP is $123 in JPN for it don't want to pay $50 over that to Play Asia. They are sold out too on that one !

This is not the same as the digital version.

This one is being developed by the original arcade team and looks to be a better port overall.
Very strange that its being "remade" twice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just gotta weigh in here.  Granted I know nothing about the Asian market and no I won't advocate piracy or anything but $40 for a boxed copy of this?!?!  $170+ for a limited edition?  Honestly some of the threads on this forum make me wonder if I'm still on Cheap Ass Gamer.  It's more like 'What The Heck Are You Thinking' Gamer.

Any mention if the Asia version is in Engish or not. (or has an option for English)?  I'd like a physical version, but I'm not paying for a JPN only language copy.

This is not the same as the digital version.

This one is being developed by the original arcade team and looks to be a better port overall.
Very strange that its being "remade" twice.
It is very weird. That said, Iron Galaxy are no slouches and my time with the 360 US downloaded version has been very enjoyable.

Just gotta weigh in here. Granted I know nothing about the Asian market and no I won't advocate piracy or anything but $40 for a boxed copy of this?!?! $170+ for a limited edition? Honestly some of the threads on this forum make me wonder if I'm still on Cheap Ass Gamer. It's more like 'What The Heck Are You Thinking' Gamer.
Oh snap, you just dropped the "Insert cute phrase" Gamer bomb on this thread. Thanks for weighing in.

Just gotta weigh in here. Granted I know nothing about the Asian market and no I won't advocate piracy or anything but $40 for a boxed copy of this?!?! $170+ for a limited edition? Honestly some of the threads on this forum make me wonder if I'm still on Cheap Ass Gamer. It's more like 'What The Heck Are You Thinking' Gamer.
Oh snap, you just dropped the "Insert cute phrase" Gamer bomb on this thread. Thanks for weighing in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1o36sPZ10A

its over priced at any price, this shit is free on MAME
Everything is free when you steal it, duder.
Since when is MAME stealing? I believe this discussion has been had ad nauseum and the consensus is that since the arcade machines are no longer produced then it's fair game. Now, copying the console versions? Piracy.
While that topic is debatable, saying it's over priced and using piracy as a justification is in fact stealing.

Since when is MAME stealing? I believe this discussion has been had ad nauseum and the consensus is that since the arcade machines are no longer produced then it's fair game. Now, copying the console versions? Piracy.
That's not how copyright laws work. Since when? Since always.

bread's done
Back