Rayman Jungle Run (Android) on Google Play Store - $0.99

Can't recommend this game highly enough. Best translation the platformer genre to touch controls that I can think of. Plus it's awfully pretty.

I loved Origins and grabbed the iOS version of Jungle Run when it was available, and it's fantastic.  The touch controls are spot-on, and the graphics and animation is on par with its console brethren.  Ubisoft also released a couple free DLC level packs that were even better than the core game.  If you loved Origins and have an Android, grab this to tide you over till Legends.  You won't be disappointed :)

Are the levels different from the console version?

I've had this on my wish list for at least a year, finally they have a sale.  Why are sales so infrequent on Android vs iTunes?

I dont think you're going to play it for hours, it's pretty quick to finish all the levels. The longetivity is in the time trial leaderboards. Which I don't know how it is on Android, but it's full of cheaters on iOS devices. I don't put much interest in leaderboards these days due to hackers, however.

It is a pretty enjoyable game for a single dollar though.

Is the gameplay for this like an "endless runner" type game or is it more traditional 2D platforming?

Is the gameplay for this like an "endless runner" type game or is it more traditional 2D platforming?
It's kind of like Mirror's Edge's "time trials" -- set levels and you have to get through them fast.

Short levels, but if you die you have to start all over.

I'm still irritated that this doesn't work on my Droid DNA. I was about half way done with it on my previous phone, and was none-too-happy to see that it wasn't 'compatible' with my new one. :/

bread's done
Back