Target Trade-In

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#1 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

(Apologies in advance if this is threaded elsewhere; a couple searches turned up nothing.)

I had no idea that Target accepted trade-ins of electronics, games included, before today, but I swung by my local Target and saw an ad in the story (that I neglected to snap a pic of) and then looked it up online.

Lo and behold, there's a Target trade-in program. The interface is clunky, and not gonna yield TIVs all that easily, but it appears that Target accepts 360, PS3, Wii U, Wii, Xbox, PS2, PS, DS, Vita, and PSP games -- because the program's powered by NextWorth (much more searchable interface, FYI), which buys the games.

You're not going to get a lot for them, especially the older games (I nosed around a little), but this might well be a sign that Target actually wants to compete in the secondary market. And, if this is important, you apparently are getting cash, not credit, for the games.

#2 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:14 AM

They have been doing so for awhile. Im guessing you missed the trade ANY 2 games get $20 off promotion last year. Was a blast buying $0.50 games and gettting $20 off. Haha.

512847.png

#3 Waggles

Waggles

What the funk n waggle are you talkin' bout?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

It's been around for, what, a year now? Longer maybe? Nobody talks about it because it's a joke; they have never had one good trade value, let alone a flip. A nice effort, OP, but I wouldn't waste more time looking over their values if I were you.

#4 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:17 AM

They have been doing so for awhile. Im guessing you missed the trade ANY 2 games get $20 off promotion last year. Was a blast buying $0.50 games and gettting $20 off. Haha.

Too bad that's never coming back.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#5 27526343157187946075

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

It's been around for, what, a year now? Longer maybe? Nobody talks about it because it's a joke; they have never had one good trade value, let alone a flip. A nice effort, OP, but I wouldn't waste more time looking over their values if I were you.

Halo 4
Disc cracked or badly scratched?
[_] Yes
[X] No

Original Artwork included?
[X] Yes
[_] No

Original Case included?
[X] Yes
[_] No

We'll Pay: $8.85
I think joke is an understatement.

#6 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

I very much missed this, yes. Ha!

A little more Googling says Target's had something since either 2010 or 2011, but the NextWorth integration looks new. I'd never seen an ad in a Target before tonight, though, and I guess dropping things off at a Target could be more convenient than mailing them? (This ain't Convenient Ass Gamer, obviously.)

Also, because this is something I think of, part of the reason for the thread was that I know RED Card cardholders get 5% off, and was thinking that, if this gave Target credit, it might help ... but the values suck, so whatever.

#7 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

They'll give $1.04 for a disc only copy of Madden 2001 for PS2.

Might be some gems in there after all!

EDIT: $4.17 for a disc only copy of MVP Baseball 06 for PS2

EDIT2: Madden 2004 PS1 gets $6.80 with the case/manual.

#8 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

They'll give $1.04 for a disc only copy of Madden 2001 for PS2.

Might be some gems in there after all!

EDIT: $4.17 for a disc only copy of MVP Baseball 06 for PS2

EDIT2: Madden 2004 PS1 gets $6.80 with the case/manual.

i swear i saw a madden 2004 somewhere, i believe it had eddie george on the cover, now where was that at...

#9 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

This has potential.

#10 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

Man that was such a great deal! I traded in my copies of Sneak King and Big Bumpin' and ended up getting Portal 2 for $9.99 brand spankin' new.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#11 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

Yeah it is a complete joke. It has been around for at LEAST two years now.

I actually worked at Target Mobile for a brief time and I don't think a single person ever traded anything in once they heard the values. I would always just have to warn them before hand and then I referred them to Gamestop half the time haha

#12 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

I'm going to send them this (half of them are complete copies believe it or not):

Trade-in Cart
Item     Value     
    NBA 2K3 (PS2)     $1.05
    NCAA Football 2003 (Xbox)     $2.33
    MLB 2000 (PlayStation)     $8.02
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (PlayStation)     $2.79
    NCAA March Madness 2004 (PS2)     $8.24
    MX Unleashed (PS2)     $11.13
    Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding (Xbox)     $2.50
    MVP NCAA Baseball 06 (PS2)     $4.17
    Mort the Chicken (PlayStation)     $12.80
    Grand Tour Racing 98 (PlayStation)     $4.37
    Madden NFL 2004 (PlayStation)     $6.81
    Triple Play 97 (PlayStation)     $7.09
    Cool Boarders 3 (PlayStation)     $3.64
    NFL Fever 2002 (Xbox)     $5.14
    NBA Live 2002 (Xbox)     $1.05
    Exhibition (Xbox)     $3.07
    MLB '98 (PlayStation)     $12.80
    Nagano Winter Olympics '98 (PlayStation)     $2.50
    PGA Tour 98 (PlayStation)     $1.04
Total: $100.54

I'll let you know how it pans out.

Tip: They pay $2.15 for disc only Link's Corssbow training.
Tip #2: Use the actual NextWorth site to get paid in Paypal or check instead of Target Gift card.

#13 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

What a joke.

DSi XL System in immaculate condition but without charger/box/manual...11$

AHAHAHA -.-

Currently Playing:  |  :pc: Divinity:Original Sin | :ps4: The Last of Us Remastered |

Finished Games: None

Last Movie Watched: Guardians of the Galaxy   :hot:

GT/PSN: Gedemer

Gedemer.pngfs_pc.png

#14 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

What a joke.

AHAHAHA -.-

I'll trade you my Mort the Chicken for your DSi XL.

#15 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

What a joke.

AHAHAHA -.-

I'll trade you my Mort the Chicken for your DSi XL.

lol

Currently Playing:  |  :pc: Divinity:Original Sin | :ps4: The Last of Us Remastered |

Gedemer.pngfs_pc.png

#16 Sky Ray

Sky Ray

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

Halo 4
[_] Yes
[X] No

[X] Yes
[_] No

Original Case included?
[X] Yes
[_] No

It doesn't seem too bad, GameStop is about $9 right now, about a $0.15 difference.

33c9dz8.jpg

#17 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

Can you sell more than one copy of a game?

Never stop making them pay.

#18 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

Halo 4
[_] Yes
[X] No

[X] Yes
[_] No

Original Case included?
[X] Yes
[_] No

Really? You think you should get more?  The game is sub 20 used.    

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#19 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

Yes, but in a separate order. No limits.

Take SEGAMew's tip and use Nextworth's site to get paid via PayPal (read: real money)

#20 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

Yes, but in a separate order. No limits.

Take SEGAMew's tip and use Nextworth's site to get paid via PayPal (read: real money)

What about at Target? Can I go there with a stack of Link's Crossbow Training and get paid?

Never stop making them pay.

#21 Sky Ray

Sky Ray

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

It doesn't seem too bad, GameStop is about $9 right now, about a $0.15 difference.

Nevermind, GameStop is $8 now, you now gain $.85 at Target now.

33c9dz8.jpg

#22 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

I think I'll trade in my Tales of Symphonia Gamecube version for $20 since Ebay prices are plummeting due to the announcement of the hd version and will pick up 2 JustDance 3 copies to add as filler for the 3/5/7 promo at Gamestop to have 7 games total instead of 5.

#23 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

:xbox: Conker Live and Reloaded $17.38

:xbox: Advent Rising $3.35

:xbox: Breakdown $2.46

:xbox: Psychonauts $3.56

:xbox: Beyond Good and Evil $0.77

:xbox: X-Men Legends (missing artwork) $5.96

:ds: The Rub Rabbits $1.73

:ds: Hotel Dusk $1.22

:ds: Lunar Knights $3.78

Could probably get a little more for Conker if I was lucky but it's not exactly crazy uncommon based on the number of copies I can find out there for about that price.  Sadly I held onto Psychonauts and BGE far too long since there was a point where it looked like the prices were just going to keep climbing and now they've tanked to nothing.  Hate to let the last of my Xbox stuff go on one hand, on the other $27 is better than them continuing to sit and collect dust.

Edit- Anyone got a referral code they want me to use for NextWorth?  First person to post or PM it, says you get a $10 gift card on the site for getting a friend to trade.

• aNe likes this

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Trade List

#24 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Omg don't bring up Conker

I want a new one sooooooo bad :(

Gedemer.pngfs_pc.png

#25 UNC5052

UNC5052

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

Ape Escape is $20.00, but I just can't bring myself to trade it in since there is no digital version or HD collection.

#26 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

Lol 70$ for a perfect condition 3DS XL with original box. What are they smoking?

663892.png?17663317

#27 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

Tip #2: Use the actual NextWorth site to get paid in Paypal or check instead of Target Gift card.

Paypal payment method, do they (paypal) take a percentage when nextworth pays you or is it gifted?

#28 aNe

aNe

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

GGG mode: This post is not about video games.

I wouldn't dismiss Target's trade-in program so quickly. Yes, this is a videogame-centric website, but you'd be doing yourself a huge disservice by not keeping your eyes out on their trade-in program as a whole. Trade-ins are processed by Target Mobile, whose phone inventory are owned by Target, which means Target control the prices of the phones, which means if the phones aren't priced lower than if you were to get yours directly from your carrier's store, then they're at the very most the same. And sometimes they run insane promotions regarding their trade-in program. For example, for the first two weeks earlier this month, the iPhone 5 was on sale for $149.99 (from $199.99), while the 4S was $49.99 (from $99.99), both if you're either starting up a new 2-year contract, or if you're eligible for an upgrade. The trade-in promotion running concurrently with the sale was this: If you traded in any phone - ANY PHONE - that still turns on, toward the purchase of either the iPhone 4S or the 5, you get $50 on top of the trade-in value of that phone. This means a person can effectively trade in their hand-me-down mother-effin' flip phone, and just so long as it powers up, get $50 plus the trade-in value of said phone, and walk out of the door with a free iPhone 4s and possibly some remaining funds on a Target giftcard, which is what your trade-in is loaded on. And for those who owned a 4S and wanted to upgrade to a 5 (and if their 4S wasn't damaged in any way), they would get ~$235 as the TIV of their 4S, plus another $50 via the promotion, pay $150 for the 5, and leave with a new phone and over $100 left on their giftcard. Not too shabby in my book. For those who may be interested, while the sales are over with and the phones are back up to their normal prices, the $50 promotion is still going on.

And no, I don't work for Target Mobile.

Tl;dr - While Target Mobile's trade-in program may not be the best route to take for your games, they sometimes run crazy deals for other things, so don't so quickly laugh them off as " a joke".

#29 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

So no one has a referral code they want me to use so they can get the bonus?

Trade List

#30 aNe

aNe

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

So no one has a referral code they want me to use so they can get the bonus?

I considered it, and even made a half-hearted attempt at trying to obtain one, but quickly gave up when I couldn't figure it out in the six minutes that I tried.