Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Target Trade-In

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#31 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

Well if anyone else is going to submit a trade to NextWorth you'll get 10% more if you use the referral link below:

http://nextworth.ext...com/a/clk/F7M0V

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#32 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

I went to the store with about 30 or so ps1 games. I will post the full list here but there are a LOT of ps1 games that get $20 even in store. For example, gran turismo 1, ape escape, air combat, ace combat 2, battle arena toshinden, and many other relatively common games.

I got a $375 gift card for a stack of ps1 games. They must be complete and not be really scratched or the value goes down to less than a dollar. Some of these were probably worth about $20 in good shape, but some like PGA tour golf 96 certainly weren't. I've been collecting playstation 1 for a while so not everyone will have these games or duplicates on hand, but it worked out awesome for me, and I pretty we'll paid off my ps4 if I get one, or quite a few holiday releases if I don't.

I looked over the ps2 and Xbox values and it doesn't seem to have any unusually high values for common games like ps1 does. I suspect this is like the amazon shenanigans where they were paying $30 for ps1 and n64 games that were fairly common and won't last long.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#33 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:21 AM

Yeah, it's really weird what they value.  Random sports games seem to float their boat.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Trade List

#34 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:28 AM

Here's what I traded in but this isn't all the high values obviously.All PS1 games.

Cyber Speed - $16.00

Gran Turismo 1- 7.92

Wing Commander 3 - $20

Assault Rigs - $20

Cyberia - $20

Air Combat - $12.57

Twisted Metal - $20

Alien Trilogy - $16.32

Pga tour golf 96 - $6.81

Battle Arena Toshinden - $20

Lemmings 3D - $20

Rage Racer - $20

Heart of Darkness - $16.00

Wipeout XL - $18.30

Jurassic Park Lost World - $20

Tenchu 2 - $2.02

Lucky Luke - $19.78

Colony Wars 3 Red Sun - 9.39

Felony 11-79 - $11.13

Ace Combat 2 - 20.00

Ape Escape - $20.00

Die Hard Trilogy - $7.68

Soul Blade - $11.13

Runabout 2 - $4.47

WIpeout 3- $16.89

So not all of them were $20, many more were $20 on the website, and I'll miss a few of these like the Namco games, but I have disc only  duplicates so I'm not too heartbroken. Many of them were greatest hits and in pretty poor condition, but didn't get dinged on the condition. YMMV, obviously, but it was worth the time for me. $375 for 25 common PS1 games is hard to beat.

#35 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

So not all of them were $20, many more were $20 on the website, and I'll miss a few of these like the Namco games, but I have disc only  duplicates so I'm not too heartbroken. Many of them were greatest hits and in pretty poor condition, but didn't get dinged on the condition. YMMV, obviously, but it was worth the time for me. $375 for 25 common PS1 games is hard to beat.

So what did you turn around and blow that fat gift card on? ;)

Trade List

#36 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

well we're having a baby, so we considered some large baby item, but we haven't done a shower so we'll probably get those as gifts. I just ended up buying a copy of Mario Kart Wii and groceries, and have the majority of it left. Target doesn't sell amazon gift cards, but they do sell steam gift cards. I figure I'll use it for either groceries and household stuff and bank the money I would have spent for a PS4, but i'm not completely 100% sure i want one yet.

#37 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

well we're having a baby, so we considered some large baby item, but we haven't done a shower so we'll probably get those as gifts. I just ended up buying a copy of Mario Kart Wii and groceries, and have the majority of it left. Target doesn't sell amazon gift cards, but they do sell steam gift cards. I figure I'll use it for either groceries and household stuff and bank the money I would have spent for a PS4, but i'm not completely 100% sure i want one yet.

Well congratulations and bigger congratulations on the restraint and wise spending.

Trade List

#38 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

i think imma clear out my local gamestops as they still have a ton of 2 cent games and links cbt ;)
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#39 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:46 AM

It's been around for, what, a year now? Longer maybe? Nobody talks about it because it's a joke; they have never had one good trade value, let alone a flip. A nice effort, OP, but I wouldn't waste more time looking over their values if I were you.

Well there was the affomentioned launch promo where, with very little effort, you could trade in practically anything and receive a $20 off any $29.99 game (although the coupon worked on ANY priced game...meaning any game $20 or less would be free). I traded in free and $.01 or less demo discs for PS1,PS2, and original Xbox. Also traded in ancient PC games.

Best part was that while the SKUs for the coupon changed/expired daily, they were generic per day. Get one in the morning when Target opened (or the phone/trade in guy showed up), copy it or take a pic on your smart phone, and go to town.

There was a Deal prior to that as well, for trading in cell phones and get a $30 target giftcard I think it was. I traded in cordless phones and old junk cell phones that were free or next to nothing.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#40 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:18 AM

It's been around for, what, a year now? Longer maybe? Nobody talks about it because it's a joke; they have never had one good trade value, let alone a flip. A nice effort, OP, but I wouldn't waste more time looking over their values if I were you.

Well there was the affomentioned launch promo where, with very little effort, you could trade in practically anything and receive a $20 off any $29.99 game (although the coupon worked on ANY priced game...meaning any game $20 or less would be free). I traded in free and $.01 or less demo discs for PS1,PS2, and original Xbox. Also traded in ancient PC games.

Best part was that while the SKUs for the coupon changed/expired daily, they were generic per day. Get one in the morning when Target opened (or the phone/trade in guy showed up), copy it or take a pic on your smart phone, and go to town.

There was a Deal prior to that as well, for trading in cell phones and get a $30 target giftcard I think it was. I traded in cordless phones and old junk cell phones that were free or next to nothing.
FYI...that promo was not a "launch" promo. They were taking game trade-ins long before that. SDers were doing that photocopy mess and was frowned upon here.

#41 cheapbastard

cheapbastard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

Does anyone know if  the game does not come up in the trade value do they still buy it or not???

#42 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:37 AM

You can email them for a personal quote or something. That's what I plan to do with the unlisted games later.

Also redid my order. The price to the right is the value before the 10% bonus. Value after 10% bonus is directly below the title to the left.

Trade-in Cart
Item     Value     
    Madden NFL 2004 (PlayStation)     $6.81
$7.49
    Ape Escape (PlayStation)     $20.00
$22.00
    Triple Play 97 (PlayStation)     $7.09
$7.79
    Cool Boarders 3 (PlayStation)     $3.64
$4.00
    Grand Tour Racing 98 (PlayStation)     $4.37
$4.80
    NCAA Football 2003 (Xbox)     $3.65
$4.01
    NCAA March Madness 2004 (PS2)     $8.24
$9.06
    MX Unleashed (PS2)     $11.13
$12.24
    NFL Fever 2002 (Xbox)     $5.14
$5.65
    NBA Live 2002 (Xbox)     $0.84
$0.92
    Exhibition (Xbox)     $3.07
$3.37
    Link's Crossbow Training (Nintendo Wii)     $2.15
$2.36
    Mort the Chicken (PlayStation)     $12.80
$14.08
    MVP NCAA Baseball 06 (PS2)     $4.17
$4.58
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (PlayStation)     $2.79
$3.06
    Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding (Xbox)     $2.51
$2.76
    MLB 2000 (PlayStation)     $8.03
$8.83
    Nagano Winter Olympics '98 (PlayStation)     $2.51
$2.76
    PGA Tour 98 (PlayStation)     $1.04
$1.14
    MLB '98 (PlayStation)     $12.80
$14.08
    Alien Hominid (GameCube)     $1.09
$1.19
    Need For Speed: Most Wanted (GameCube)     $0.85
$0.93
    Hot Shots Golf (PlayStation)     $20.00
$22.00
    WWF Smackdown 2: Know Your Role (PlayStation)     $20.00
$22.00
    WipeOut (PlayStation)     $15.45
$16.99
Bonus Value: $17.92! Total: $198.09

#43 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

They are going to lose their asses giving people 20$ for those games

Currently Playing:  |  :pc: Divinity:Original Sin | :ps4: The Last of Us Remastered |

Finished Games: None

Last Movie Watched: Guardians of the Galaxy   :hot:

GT/PSN: Gedemer

Gedemer.pngfs_pc.png

#44 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:23 AM

I think they make most of their money buying phones and tablets.

#45 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

Does anyone know if the game does not come up in the trade value do they still buy it or not???

There is a generic game SKU for each system that was used during the trade any 2 get $20 off coupon deal, however it will give $0 credit/value for that normally. It's treated as one of those "we won't give you anything for this but we will be happy to take it off your hands and recycle it for you free of charge" offers.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#46 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

The thingis that a lot of those long boxes games and games like ape escape, ace combat 2, and rage racer probably would cost you about $20 on ebay/amazon for a complete, good condition copy.

This just doesn't have the hassle of shipping and ebay fees..

#47 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

The thingis that a lot of those long boxes games and games like ape escape, ace combat 2, and rage racer probably would cost you about $20 on ebay/amazon for a complete, good condition copy.

perhaps but those sports games? seriously why are those getting above 5 cents.

#48 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

You can get most of them in good or very good condition on amazon for cheaper than they are buying them

Currently Playing:  |  :pc: Divinity:Original Sin | :ps4: The Last of Us Remastered |

Finished Games: None

Last Movie Watched: Guardians of the Galaxy   :hot:

GT/PSN: Gedemer

Gedemer.pngfs_pc.png

#49 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

And time to head to the storage unit and rummage through my crap for the flea market!

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#50 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

perhaps but those sports games? seriously why are those getting above 5 cents.

It's made weirder by the fact that it's just random versions of them.  Getting $17 for both NCAA 06 and Madden 05, yet the rest of them are worthless.

Trade List

#51 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

I have a small stack worth about $80, but I'm bummed that the majority of my junk is an off-year from the high trade stuff.  :(

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#52 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

Yeah I guess i was lucky that last year I got into collecting PS1 games and had a lot of doubles.

It hurt to trade in some of those longboxes but for ~$20 each it was worth it. I don't even have a place to display them now so they're just in a box in the closet.

#53 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

Whoa! Will they take multiples? I have lots and lots and lots of Links Crossbow Training to dump . . .

#54 CAG90210

CAG90210

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

Whoa! Will they take multiples? I have lots and lots and lots of Links Crossbow Training to dump . . .

They do. But you have to do separate trade-ins.

h

Currently playing:
Gamecube - Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
PS3 - Skyrim
SNES - Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars, saved file corrupted, almost towards the end too :cry:

Recently beaten:
PS3 - Uncharted 3 :applause:
CML
PSP - Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection: Final Fantasy IV

#55 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

Just a heads up, but some of the prices are starting to drop since this morning, so get those trades in ASAP.

#56 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

They removed Rage Racer :(

#57 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

You guys are going to "Micro Center/Half.com" this thing. :) What is the other program(s) I'm missing?

#58 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

Wow. This is crazy. I wish I had some of those PS1, PS2 games that are going for a lot. I might take a trip to my Gamestop and pick up some of those PS2 games and try trading them in. I wish there was a store around me with PS1 games.

#59 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:59 AM

So how good of a deal is the Black Friday PS3 bundle for $200?  Or would I be better getting a repack Epic Mickey 2 move bundle for $210 and selling off the move stuff/game?

(I have $250 in GCs left after getting groceries)

#60 kulaguy

kulaguy

3rd St. Saints!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

Well if anyone else is going to submit a trade to NextWorth you'll get 10% more if you use the referral link below:

http://nextworth.ext...com/a/clk/F7M0V

Thanks. I got an extra $13 cause of that link! Got rid of a bunch of junk PS1 and PS2 games and old DVDs and will hopefully get ~$140.