* * - - - 14 votes

Amazon Gold Box Event 6/25 - PS3 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle $250 & More

Amazon gold box event deals

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#121 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

Ni no Kuni sold out that fast? That game gets way too much hype for how many problems it has.

People like JRPG's and other people like Studio Ghibili.

#122 shakespeare

shakespeare

The True Bard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

Ni no Kuni sold out that fast? That game gets way too much hype for how many problems it has.

What? It was one of the best JRPGs I have ever played! (which doesn't mean anything but personal opinion) What problems do you mean?

430928.png

#123 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

will pick up aliens ce if it really will be $25.

:ps3: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:pc: Diablo III

#124 CAGMoose

CAGMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

I'm with you. I play RPGs almost exclusively, and it's probably outside of my top 3 of titles I've purchased this year.

With that said, I played it, had a reasonable time playing it, and paid less than $30 for it in April. I sold it for profit before I could finish postgame, and I'm trying to debate whether or not I want to pick it back up and platinum it. I don't really feel all that compelled...

#125 airco

airco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

People like JRPG's and other people like Studio Ghibili.

I like both, but Ni no Kuni had a lot of flaws that grated on my nerves.

What? It was one of the best JRPGs I have ever played! (which doesn't mean anything but personal opinion) What problems do you mean?

I could write an essay on how much the combat system infuriated me, but it all basically boils down to the AI being dumber than a brick, having little way to micromanage them effectively, and other small things the game did to limit your options (arbitrary timers on menu actions, no way to cancel out of casting, no way to switch directly to a party member's familiar, EXTREMELY lengthy stun on using more potent healing items, etc.). I also didn't like how the game disencouraged familiar experimentation by throwing enemies at you that were either completely useless or a waste of time to train to be useful - the sweets system that made you invest heavily in your familiars didn't help, either. Alchemy felt kind of useless and tacked on, too, since you scarcely had the rare ingredients to craft anything useful, and anything useful you did craft would likely be outpaced by what you could find in a store.

I do kind of like it overall, since the story was all right for a children's game. But I'm glad I didn't spend more than $20 (I got a Chinese version that was identical to the Japanese release).

#126 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

Will dead island 2 drop Lower than $24.99 soon? I am thinking whether I should cancel it because I bought the JRg game...

#127 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

Can someone with Amazon Prime do me a favor. Just do the checkout with the 320GB bundle and tell me if it lets you select Overnight Shipping for $3.99. I tried earlier and a few times since and overnight shipping is $7.99 for some reason, where it should be $3.99. Even if the overnight option is for Thursday by now. It's just weird. I ordered consoles and TVs before for $3.99 ONS with Prime, but for some reason it's $7.99 for this.

#128 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

Can someone with Amazon Prime do me a favor. Just do the checkout with the 320GB bundle and tell me if it lets you select Overnight Shipping for $3.99. I tried earlier and a few times since and overnight shipping is $7.99 for some reason, where it should be $3.99. Even if the overnight option is for Thursday by now. It's just weird. I ordered consoles and TVs before for $3.99 ONS with Prime, but for some reason it's $7.99 for this.

Nope Amazon changed that a while ago, it use to be $3.99 overnight for us prime members but now it all depends on size of item, while most are $4.99+. Amazon said they had to change prices due to rising shipping cost.

Posted Image

#129 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:56 AM

Nope Amazon changed that a while ago, it use to be $3.99 overnight for us prime members but now it all depends on size of item, while most are $4.99+. Amazon said they had to change prices due to rising shipping cost.

It couldn't have been a while ago, since I ordered a 360 for someone less than a week ago and used One Day shipping and paid $3.99. It was the Spring Bundle, and because of the power brick, I'm guessing the weight of that is actually more than of this bundle.

#130 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:17 AM

It couldn't have been a while ago, since I ordered a 360 for someone less than a week ago and used One Day shipping and paid $3.99. It was the Spring Bundle, and because of the power brick, I'm guessing the weight of that is actually more than of this bundle.

Im getting 7.99 as a Prime member.

#131 ivana89

ivana89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:23 AM

i say 29.99 for the 6pm  est game

WOOO GUESSED THAT RIGHT    

Holy shit it sold out in   20 seconds 

i'm confused how it sold out so fast

Amazon must've had only one copy.

c'mon, give AMAZ more credit than that: there were at least two copies

I just did added it to cart at normal price by doing the quick refresh trick on the product page and was able to add 999 copies to cart. So Amazon has a shit ton of them but are just allocating very few. Or as you say, a bunch of people have them in their cart.

do peeps put them in their carts before the deal starts? does the price then automatically update?

Thats coz people like me put it in cart without looking at the price.

were they just quick with the click? or are we blaming SD'ers? trying to figure this out before BF gold boxes/LDs. TIA.

#132 shakespeare

shakespeare

The True Bard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

I like both, but Ni no Kuni had a lot of flaws that grated on my nerves.

I could write an essay on how much the combat system infuriated me, but it all basically boils down to the AI being dumber than a brick, having little way to micromanage them effectively, and other small things the game did to limit your options (arbitrary timers on menu actions, no way to cancel out of casting, no way to switch directly to a party member's familiar, EXTREMELY lengthy stun on using more potent healing items, etc.). I also didn't like how the game disencouraged familiar experimentation by throwing enemies at you that were either completely useless or a waste of time to train to be useful - the sweets system that made you invest heavily in your familiars didn't help, either. Alchemy felt kind of useless and tacked on, too, since you scarcely had the rare ingredients to craft anything useful, and anything useful you did craft would likely be outpaced by what you could find in a store.

I do kind of like it overall, since the story was all right for a children's game. But I'm glad I didn't spend more than $20 (I got a Chinese version that was identical to the Japanese release).

I hear ya! All true facts when I now think about it...

430928.png

#133 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:28 AM

It apparently has something to do with the way your Prime subscription gets renewed:  http://www.amazon.co...=TxEOXN287VTNWF

#134 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

Hopefully Alien Marine CE will be $25. Last gold box where we "knew" the prices, Forza Horizon LE was $10 more then we thought, hopefully its not the same case with this

#135 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:03 AM

I passed on aliens for 10- I don't know if ce is worth 25, thoughts?

#136 airblade

airblade

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

Got a PS3 CE for $25

#137 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

Might as well get the A:CM CE for $25. Might eventually go lower but will be cool to have despite the game sucking

#138 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

I want the statue, but I can't bring myself to pay $25 for the CE

<p>194619.png

#139 phantom4

phantom4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:43 AM

I bought the collectors edition,  aliens is 1 of my favorite movies,  figured i might as well support the effort.

2hqwfsz.jpgfs_pc.png

#140 Nightfury

Nightfury

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:44 AM

Bought the CE for Aliens on 360. Had a $5 gift card on account so total came out to $22.05. Should be worth it for the figure alone.

#141 phantom4

phantom4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:56 AM

Looks like an almost even amount of ps3 and xbox buyers,  both in the mid 60% claimed on the aliens ce,   i bought the 360 version.

2hqwfsz.jpgfs_pc.png

#142 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:11 AM

Bought 1 ps3 CE and 1 360 CE. Im planning on keeping 360 sealed, and playing/ opening the ps3 copy for the figure, and might play some of the game. It got pretty bad reviews :(

#143 phantom4

phantom4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:20 AM

I wonder if it'll get 100% claimed on both systems,  its getting closer.

2hqwfsz.jpgfs_pc.png

#144 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:25 AM

Bought the CE for Aliens on 360. Had a $5 gift card on account so total came out to $22.05. Should be worth it for the figure alone.

The figure alone...? I wouldn't say so. You can't even display this cheap toy alongside your other high end figures and statues.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#145 JohnnyBeeGoode

JohnnyBeeGoode

I think Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PS4) is fantastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:29 AM

D

I wonder if it'll get 100% claimed on both systems,  its getting closer.

Dunno?  But a solid deal, it is (in my opinion).  

Posted Image

#146 h4mx0r

h4mx0r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:54 AM

Ugh can't believe I missed it. Didn't think it'd be for the collector's edition so I didn't check. Game is awful, but it's my favorite movie and I would have loved having the CE.

Posted Image