Skylanders Gamestop Sale Figures Toys Cheap

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Jiryn

Jiryn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

On Saturday, June 22nd 2013 Gamestop is holding a huge sale on Skylanders Figures and every purchase will enter you into a contest to win one of 40 character prize packs.

This is a flash sale is from Open to 2pm for your local time.

Deals

All Skylanders Giants Starters packs $39.99

Skylanders Giants Battle Packs $9.99

Limited supply of the GameStop Exclusive Polar Whirlwind and Scarlet Ninjini* Figures.

Reserve the new Skylanders Swap Force and receive the never-before-released Lightcore Hex.

http://www.gamestop....id=eml_10000929

For those curious as to what the prize pack includes,

• 2 Skylanders Lightcore Characters
  • 2 Skylanders Core Characters
  • 2 Skylanders Giant Characters
  • 2 Skylanders Reposed Characters
  • Skylanders Carrying Case
  • Skylanders Giants Starter Pack

#2 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

Damnit, going to have to try and go at open and get a polar whirlwhind... for my daughter...  :-\"

Oh well, guess I can do the trades I was going to do early next week tomorrow then and run errands.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#3 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

The last few times Target had exclusives in their ad, there was no one there at opening so hopefully I am the only one at GS.

#4 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

The last few times Target had exclusives in their ad, there was no one there at opening so hopefully I am the only one at GS.

I'm assuming that all of the stores will have at least some of the Polar Whirlwhind since the store locator shows all of the stores near me as in stock and with a release date of tomorrow.

http://www.gamestop....ter-pack/109687

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Trade List

#5 GunstarRed

GunstarRed

The Rated 'G' Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

I think there's only 2 Battle Packs ever released: Scorpion Striker, which I very highly doubt you'll find at any GameStop, and Dragonfire Cannon which has been $15 at Best Buy for months now, and are stacked to the roofs at every GameStop I've been in. They're probably desperate to rid themselves of those things at this point. Still, $10 is an awesome price for either one if you don't already own them.

I was actually in the country of Italy a few weeks ago, and every store had TONS of Polar Whirlwind, Blue Bash, and Molten Hot Dog. It was crazy! Too bad with the exchange rate and higher MSRP there, they would have cost the equivalent of $25 each.

I REALLY want those Sidekicks, but I unfortunately have to work tomorrow and won't be anywhere near a GameStop on the one day I actually want to go there. Doubt any GS will have them by Sunday or even be selling them after the promotion.

#6 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

I was actually in the country of Italy a few weeks ago, and every store had TONS of Polar Whirlwind, Blue Bash, and Molten Hot Dog. It was crazy! Too bad with the exchange rate and higher MSRP there, they would have cost the equivalent of $25 each.

Yeah, Polar WW came out there in like March and I guess the LE figures are easier to find that side of the pond.

Trade List

#7 Mulct

Mulct

Programmer / Gamer

• CAG Newbie

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

If only I were 10 years old or desirable to women... then this sale might actually mean something...

Swiftfox.jpg

#8 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

If only I were 10 years old or desirable to women... then this sale might actually mean something...

Isn't the fact that you're not desirable to women why you be interested in this sale?

• AoA likes this

Trade List

#9 Mulct

Mulct

Programmer / Gamer

• CAG Newbie

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

Isn't the fact that you're not desirable to women why you be interested in this sale?

You would think so, but I have standards.

Swiftfox.jpg

#10 Tvols1480

Tvols1480

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

I already sweet talked the girl at my local gamestop to hold onto 1 of each figure and a poster for me until I get off work.  The gf will be happy!

#11 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

I think there's only 2 Battle Packs ever released: Scorpion Striker, which I very highly doubt you'll find at any GameStop, and Dragonfire Cannon which has been $15 at Best Buy for months now, and are stacked to the roofs at every GameStop I've been in. They're probably desperate to rid themselves of those things at this point. Still, $10 is an awesome price for either one if you don't already own them.

I REALLY want those Sidekicks, but I unfortunately have to work tomorrow and won't be anywhere near a GameStop on the one day I actually want to go there. Doubt any GS will have them by Sunday or even be selling them after the promotion.

That reminds me that gamestop had a golden catapult... Debating if I want another battlepack just for the golden version...

#12 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

Hmm... these are probably just the old sidekicks, right?  The Giants sidekicks haven't shown up yet, have they?

Posted Image

#13 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

Hmm... these are probably just the old sidekicks, right?  The Giants sidekicks haven't shown up yet, have they?

That's what I was assuming, I missed out on them when they were in Doritors or whatever it was so I'll happily take one with my Polar WW.

Trade List

#14 Redeema

Redeema

Refuses to pay full price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

I bought a bunch of these figures, Legendary/store exclusives, etc and have never played the game, but my kid played this a bunch. I wonder if he's at all interested in this...maybe I'll take him for the hell of it.

Now playing: Gears of War: Judgment, Fire Emblem

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#15 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:11 AM

Do you get the Lightcore Hex for free? Or are you just eligible to buy because you reserved Swap Force? Also is it the normal $5 down pre-order?

"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#16 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

Do you get the Lightcore Hex for free? Or are you just eligible to buy because you reserved Swap Force? Also is it the normal $5 down pre-order?

Says you get her for free, I would assume that this is going to be a pre-order that requires more down though and that's why they're doing it.  I know I overheard the guy telling someone how much collectors editions and things like this required but I can't remember for the life of me how much it was.  I'm sure it's going to be at least as much as the figure though or you would have people pre-ordering 20 copies at $5 a piece and flipping the figure.

Trade List

#17 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

You don't get the Hex until the game comes out (she comes packed in, apparently). Also, you have to put down $20 for Swap Force.

Also, the sidekicks are the regular Spyro's Adventure ones. 

#18 IronsideGrunt

IronsideGrunt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

My 10 yr old has been asking me to get him a Skylanders Giants pack. I figure this sale is good for that. But I am not sure what the Skylanders craze is and if I want to get him hooked on it. He's already hooked on Pokemon games, is this basically the samething only with action figures? If so, do the games have any kind of longevity like the pokemon games do (for the gameboy/DS etc.) or is this basically a Street Fighter game just with figures you need to collect?

#19 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

My 10 yr old has been asking me to get him a Skylanders Giants pack. I figure this sale is good for that. But I am not sure what the Skylanders craze is and if I want to get him hooked on it. He's already hooked on Pokemon games, is this basically the samething only with action figures? If so, do the games have any kind of longevity like the pokemon games do (for the gameboy/DS etc.) or is this basically a Street Fighter game just with figures you need to collect?

It's like Diablo lite with action figure dlc and gets expensive fast.  Fun but still, spent way more than I expected even buying everything on sale.

Trade List

#20 IronsideGrunt

IronsideGrunt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

It's like Diablo lite with action figure dlc and gets expensive fast.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it more then. I figure he'll like the Diablo lite part and the collecting thing...but one thing is seeing him collect the pokemon in the games and another thing is having to BUY the figures like the Skylanders 24/7. I dont know, I'll look into it. Thanks again.

#21 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it more then. I figure he'll like the Diablo lite part and the collecting thing...but one thing is seeing him collect the pokemon in the games and another thing is having to BUY the figures like the Skylanders 24/7. I dont know, I'll look into it. Thanks again.

As a DLC model it's a little more satisfying at least to have something physical to go with it. You also don't have to buy more figures but well yeah like that will happen with a 10 year old. ;)

Trade List

#22 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

As an FYI, the exclusive Polar Whilrwind figure is up on GS.com already right now.  I shameless ripped this info from SD.  I am not interested in the figure, but I figured some of you CAG's might want in without having to head into the store tomorrow.

#23 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

cant select it for store pickup or anything. keep getting sever error when i select it

working now.. friggin almost 4 dollars shipping... damn saver code expiring

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#24 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

As an FYI, the exclusive Polar Whilrwind figure is up on GS.com already right now.  I shameless ripped this info from SD.  I am not interested in the figure, but I figured some of you CAG's might want in without having to head into the store tomorrow.

They've taken it down entirely now, goes to an "oops" page, way to go SD since now you can't even check inventory if you can't get there at open.

Edit- I just went to the landing page again and it might be regular Ninjini they have stock of, not Scarlet, they changed the text to remove the Scarlet.  If that's the case I might be in for one of those as well since they seem to be harder to find and selling for more than the Scarlet variant.

Trade List

#25 Darthstryk3R

Darthstryk3R

Sith Happens!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

So how does this skylanders compare to Disney Infinity?? I know skylanders has a pretty big following. Is it fun overall? Not sure which one to get the kids

Steam ID:  Darthstryk3r

#26 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

Giants is fun, but I found Spyro's Adventure to be boring as shit. I play it with my little brother and he loves both, though. So YMMV if your kids will like it.

#27 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

Well I didn't mean to get to GameStop 10 minutes to open but I did, not that anyone else is waiting. Lol

Infinity is kind of hard to judge since it's not out yet. Personally we don't do Disney and I find the original characters far more interesting anyway.

Trade List

#28 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

Local store only had 6 polars. Only 5 people in line though.
Sidekicks are only free if you buy an actual giant figure

#29 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

Anybody have a picture of the free poster that they are giving out?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#30 spyder69

spyder69

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

If your kid is like most, he'll want all the characters since they all open up different areas in the game.  Plan on spending $500+ for your kid to complete what could be called a moderately fun game (for little kids only) if you decide to get them all.  I know my kid wouldn't have been remotely interested in this when he was 10 since he wanted to play the games that Dad plays by then (L4D, Battlefield, Dead Space, Fallout, etc) but everyone has different interests.  Also, keep in mind that you'll have to buy a starter pack or find just the portal they sit on first in order to play...unless your kid just wants to keep the figures in boxes or just play with them outside the actual game.

If we saved all the tears from BestBuy and Gamestop threads, we'd flood the planet.