• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 BloodiedWraith

BloodiedWraith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

http://store.namcoba...uctID.264579500

Namco Bandai's online store has it for $19.97 currently (with shipping at $6.06).  This is the lowest price I've seen for the game and it's well worth it.  Even though I'm supposed to be a CAG, I thought it was well worth it even when I bought it at full price.

#2 panasonic

panasonic

Joanna Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:33 AM

someone find a free shipping code!!!!

#3 Jake_Jenova

Jake_Jenova

Don't Dream It, Be It!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:36 AM

someone find a free shipping code!!!!

What he said! Nice find OP!

117302.png

#4 ZaPpA_721

ZaPpA_721

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:36 AM

OOS, that was quick

#5 Troutyogurt

Troutyogurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:37 AM

Even with the shipping, its still a pretty good deal. Gonna skip since i bought a couple of games during the gamefly sale

Troutyogurt.png487267.png

#6 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

Won't let you buy it? It would be nice to price match it somehow.

#7 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:56 AM

So close to my price. Waiting for $20 w free shipping.

#8 aosora13

aosora13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

I agree. I missed a NewEgg deal. So close to biting at $20.

Aozora0113.png

#9 DaSH Alpha

DaSH Alpha

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:36 AM

bummer, shows out of stock, would have loved to pick it up for so cheap!

Guess it was OOS right after the post :(

#10 Flash Strife

Flash Strife

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:56 AM

Anyway to price match this? Would rather not give Digital River my cash after they royally screwed me over last holiday season.

#11 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:29 AM

Well that sucks butt that it's OOS.

#12 Jawwaad1

Jawwaad1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

It is showing $19.99 but when I add it to my cart, the checkout page shows $59.99.

#13 lovepig78

lovepig78

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

Ni No Kuni is $29 at my local Walmart (YMMV)

Online it says $39 tho

#14 doug_brit

doug_brit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

I've heard so much praise for this game but should I wait till it hits the bargain bin more if I never really got int this style of game? Or is it a good into RPG/JRPG?

#15 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

I've heard so much praise for this game but should I wait till it hits the bargain bin more if I never really got int this style of game? Or is it a good into RPG/JRPG?

If you just want to test the waters as to whether you'll like a good jrpg from this gen, pick up Lost Odyssey cheap if you have a 360.   Or check out the Ni No Kuni demo if it's still available.  I'm personally waiting for $20 myself on this. 

p.s. $20 is basically bargain bin :)

#16 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

wonder if i  should print it out and try to  PM at best buy   HEH HEH..

got a butt load of best buy credit  will run over at 10am est  and see if i can price match.. might not b able to  responde till tonight cause  work at  11am

WOOOO I STINK

#17 ItsKayJayBee

ItsKayJayBee

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

Says its in stock but when I hit "buy now" it says my cart is empty. Hopefully Amazon price matches. :/

#18 grungygamer

grungygamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

I JUST bought this yesterday from Wal Mart for $30. I'm already 9 hours in. It's the first console JRPG I've played in quite a while.

#19 Zodiac080704

Zodiac080704

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

http://store.namcoba...uctID.264579500

Namco Bandai's online store has it for $19.97 currently (with shipping at $6.06).  This is the lowest price I've seen for the game and it's well worth it.  Even though I'm supposed to be a CAG, I thought it was well worth it even when I bought it at full price.

Good deal.  The game is not the greatest but it is fun, and my son loved pointing out all the animals.

Also OP is a douche.  

#20 Muitabui

Muitabui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

Says its in stock but when I hit "buy now" it says my cart is empty. Hopefully Amazon price matches. :/

*crosses fingers on this but doesn't put hopes so high*

Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

Eh -- I've heard the opposite.  While I was excited that Studio Ghibli was involved, the reviews were less than spectacular,  It sounds like it is pretty much a traditional turn-based JRPG with a coating of Ghibli, and while that's not necessarily a bad thing, that made me move the game from a must buy to a bargain bin.  I'm waiting for $19.99 too since Sony over-published and sales of this one generally fell flat compared to expectations (which were admittedly inflated).

#22 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

Eh -- I've heard the opposite.  While I was excited that Studio Ghibli was involved, the reviews were less than spectacular,  It sounds like it is pretty much a traditional turn-based JRPG with a coating of Ghibli, and while that's not necessarily a bad thing, that made me move the game from a must buy to a bargain bin.  I'm waiting for $19.99 too since Sony over-published and sales of this one generally fell flat compared to expectations (which were admittedly inflated).

The game has an average of 8.5 according to metacritic and almost every review I've seen was in the 8 - 10 range. Only a few places tossed it in the 6 range, which were often seen as wrong or stupid, which isn't shocking due to how awful some people in this community is. The main reason we're seeing this discounted is due to the weak box art (believe it or not, awesome box art DOES help sell a game), the weird name, niche demographic that it caters to and people saving money for next gen.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#23 doug_brit

doug_brit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

If you just want to test the waters as to whether you'll like a good jrpg from this gen, pick up Lost Odyssey cheap if you have a 360.   Or check out the Ni No Kuni demo if it's still available.  I'm personally waiting for $20 myself on this. 

p.s. $20 is basically bargain bin :)

You have a valid point lol, @ $20 it is basically at cost before resorting to Used. However after re-listening to the Giant Bombcast where Brad of all people found it hard to come back to, this may not be the best intro this gen to a JRPG. I really lifted the RPG elements in costume quest and FF-X, but hated FF-XIII, what a long slog though a game that was. 8 hours in and I still felt the story was slow and I wasn't quiet getting the combat. Thank OP for the deal and all the advice CAG's!

#24 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

The game has an average of 8.5 according to metacritic and almost every review I've seen was in the 8 - 10 range. Only a few places tossed it in the 6 range, which were often seen as wrong or stupid, which isn't shocking due to how awful some people in this community is. The main reason we're seeing this discounted is due to the weak box art (believe it or not, awesome box art DOES help sell a game), the weird name, niche demographic that it caters to and people saving money for next gen.

I took a test-drive at a friend's house and then read some of the reviews; I think the Game Informer review is spot-on for this game.  It seemed to be a good RPG, but it also keeps a lot of the annoying features that I've just come to loathe in these sorts of titles (dungeon grinding, cheesy over-the-top dialogue, lack of save points, etc.)   Maybe WRPGs like Mass Effect have spoiled me, but then again Atlus' JRPGs like Persona and Monolith's Xenoblade are examples of JRPGS that are so ahead of the curve when it comes to evolving gameplay that I have a hard time excusing games like this one (and FF13 and the Blue Dragon) for not being able to put forward better game design and more engaging storylines.

#25 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

play the demo. personally its one of my favorite games of the entire console generation

#26 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

Good luck to anyone who pre-ordered. Hopefully your order comes in on time it took at least a month for my items last time I ordered from DR

Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#27 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:48 AM

Scored 1 copy at local Best buy (Printed out the page & took it to customer service) price match  without any hassle $21.XX after taxes still better than $27 :)

"Evil is Funs"

#28 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Formely Moose

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

I took a test-drive at a friend's house and then read some of the reviews; I think the Game Informer review is spot-on for this game.  It seemed to be a good RPG, but it also keeps a lot of the annoying features that I've just come to loathe in these sorts of titles (dungeon grinding, cheesy over-the-top dialogue, lack of save points, etc.)   Maybe WRPGs like Mass Effect have spoiled me, but then again Atlus' JRPGs like Persona and Monolith's Xenoblade are examples of JRPGS that are so ahead of the curve when it comes to evolving gameplay that I have a hard time excusing games like this one (and FF13 and the Blue Dragon) for not being able to put forward better game design and more engaging storylines.

Lack of save points? You  can save in the menu whenever you want. Overall this game is a fun 1 time playthrough but I would never want to revisit it. I'm 25 hours in and I feel like the game still holds my hand with puzzles. I was still receiving tutorials 15 hours into the game but they seemed to have stopped. I am not a huge fan of the fighting either. You never really use your characters to fight, you use little creatures and their health and mana is tied to you so when they die you die. I am glad I am playing through this game but unless you love JRPGs (which is my favorite genre) you may want to pass. 

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

Congrats on the booty 

#29 Sovietmethod

Sovietmethod

For Stalin Grad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

BOOOO Y U GO OOS 

Steam: SSovietmethod

Stream: Twitch.tv/sovietmethod

gallery_474050_8161_81208.jpg"Designed By Lilchiji"

ToxicinZanity.png

Get a Free Xbox One/Cash or Giftcards! - Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line – Super easy and it works!

#30 DertyFoot

DertyFoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

Pssst.

Back in stock.

Posted Image